• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ryza Review Thread

KàIRóS

More serious storytelling?
the three Generals! Which of them is the villain?! Galahad, Tolena, or ... Chaos?

They aren't bad games, but the mechanics and storytelling are better in the modern games. I can get save the world plots elsewhere.

Like I said in the previous post, the slice of life stuff going on in the new Atelier games just isn't for me.

May I ask what video card you have?

My GPU is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, and my CPU is a Ryzen 7 2700X. I would've expected the game to run better, considering it runs on both the base PS4 and Nintendo Switch at 30FPS, and there's better looking games that run higher than 60FPS at 1080p for me.

That said, there is an upcoming update that is going to add graphics options, "optimizations", and mouse support, according to Koei Tecmo's recent announcements.

If they did these things, fixed the physics issues above 30FPS, and got rid of the eight way movement (and used analog movement instead), I would actually recommend picking it up on Steam. The game itself is really good.

EDIT: Now that actual graphics options, and keyboard/mouse support (setting aside the option for separate controls in battle, and no mouse cursor support in menus) has been added with a patch, I would actually recommend this game now.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Well I heard about this game a few days ago and went to pick up a copy for the Switch in the UK. Utter bollocks. I cant find it anywhere?

What horse shit is this?

Quezacolt

Well I heard about this game a few days ago and went to pick up a copy for the Switch in the UK. Utter bollocks. I cant find it anywhere?

What horse shit is this?
yeah, it was a pain to find a copy for myself too. No single store in my country is selling the game, so i had to ask a friend who's living in the netherlands to bring the game for me.

Top Bottom