• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Ryza series shipments top 1.6 million

Topher

Gold Member
600,000 units moved since March 2021.

Combined shipments for Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout and Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy have surpassed 1.6 million units, publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Gust announced.

The companies last reported that the series shipped one million units back in March 2021, meaning that the two games have since moved an additional 600,000 units.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout first launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch on September 26, 2019 in Japan, October 29, 2019 in North America, and November 1, 2019 in Europe, and for PC via Steam on October 29, 2019 worldwide.

Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy first launched for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch on December 3, 2020 in Japan, January 26, 2021 in North America, and January 29, 2021 in Europe, and for PC via Steam on January 26, 2021 worldwide.

The latest entry in the series, Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key, is due out for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on March 23 in Japan and March 24 worldwide.

Topher

Gold Member
Well deserved, I enjoyed like Ryza series.

I just started playing on Switch this past week so....

Me Too Help GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Skifi28

Only played for couple hours, the crafting/alchemy seemed a bit too complicated and scared me away as I was also playing other games at the time. I want to give it another try soon.

Power Pro

Only played for couple hours, the crafting/alchemy seemed a bit too complicated and scared me away as I was also playing other games at the time. I want to give it another try soon.
It's intimidating at first, but once you get into the groove of it, it becomes super easy.

Reactions: Isa

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Thick thighs save lives!
Atelier-Ryza-3-Thigh-Comparison-800x445.jpg.webp

Its one of the most relaxing things to do.
Once you get the hang of it Atelier games become your safe space forever.....dont say I didnt warn you, cuz youll find yourself going into the field just to hunt down crafting materials....going home crafting, only to do it all over again.
Next minute itll be morning.

Chastten

Banned
Well deserved. Was hoping they sold better but apparently those sales are enough for a 3th entry so there's that. Can't wait till next week!

Both games are among my favorite RPG's of the past few years. The casual, anime vibe is just perfect and I loved the story and endings.

Black_Stride

Well deserved. Was hoping they sold better but apparently those sales are enough for a 3th entry so there's that. Can't wait till next week!

Both games are among my favorite RPG's of the past few years. The casual, anime vibe is just perfect and I loved the story and endings.
100,000 for an entire Atelier series is really good.
The fact Ryza 1 and 2 alone have clocked over 1.5 million with a third game on the way is basically a slam dunk for Gust.

Sophie and Ryza have basically transformed Gusts books.
So proud of them its like watching a baby finally grow up.
They are in the big leagues now.....lets hope they can keep this momentum going.

Black_Stride

Who the heck is buying this series. Makes Last Rebellion look like Final Fantasy.
Ive bought and played probably 75% of the 24 Atelier games.
They all review well and are made on a budget and sell well enough to have 24 games.
The fact Ryza and Ryza 2 have done 1.5 million is such a boon for the gaming industry.

Last rebellion is just a trash game outright.

Thick thighs save lives!
Atelier-Ryza-3-Thigh-Comparison-800x445.jpg.webp

Its one of the most relaxing things to do.
Once you get the hang of it Atelier games become your safe space forever.....dont say I didnt warn you, cuz youll find yourself going into the field just to hunt down crafting materials....going home crafting, only to do it all over again.
Next minute itll be morning.
Never played the first 2. Will I be ok just jumping straight into the 3rd?

Chastten

Banned
Wouldn't recommend it. I think the 2nd game is a lot better if you've played the first, so I assume the same will be the case for the 3rd.

And honestly, I think the story and the ending of the first game are really nice, even more so if you're a fan of anime.

Reactions: Isa

reinking

Gold Member
I have purchased several Atelier games but I do not recall ever beating one. I mostly hated feeling rushed. I believe Atelier Sophie did not have that pressure. I know I have the first in that series. I might go back and play it before deciding to purchase any of the Ryza series.

Black_Stride

Generally (read as always) with Atelier games you want to play each game in a subseries in order.

With Ryza 3 it seems alot of characters from the first 2 games are making a comeback so I would advise just playing through them as they came out.
Lucky for you the Secret sub series is the easiest to follow as someone starting late.
Its just Ryza -> Ryza 2 - Ryza 3.

Mysterious: Is Sophie -> Firis -> Lydie -> Sophie 2....thats the release order but not the story's chronological order.

Mirumi

Neo Member
Also on the topic of Ryza, an anime project was just announced that will Air this year.

I wonder what this means for the future of the franTHIGHS...

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Rest of the industry: Nooooo we can’t get our games out before 5 years and even when they release you’ll need 10 patches to get our definitive vision! These things need so much time and money and we lost 3 years due to COVID on top of it!

Gust: Here’s your third Atelier game in 4 years, sorry it took so long.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
thats a sad number, consider the amount of games they churn out.

Isa

While it is certainly possible the game also has a summation of the previous two titles events if I recall. Granted playing through the games in order would be more rewarding, especially considering the gradual improvements each title has had. I would argue that its not as crucial as opposed to franchises like the Trails of series.

I hope the show is good, seems to be in good hands with some notable shots haha. Looking forward to bouncing between RE4 and Ryza 3 lol, going to be a tonal shift but a nice break from the horror.

Topher

Gold Member
huh...i thought theres more than that, well ok i take it back. 1.6 mil seems alot for 2 games total.

There are a number of games in the Atelier franchise, but this is only reporting sales for the 2 Ryza games.

F31 Leopard

I was intimidated at first but became super addictive for me once I got the hangof it. I ended up concentrating a lot on alchemy trying to craft the best outcomes for weapons etc. It ended up becoming my favorite part of the game.

I tried playing an Atelier game once and I remember being bored to tears because crafting is the most boring possible gameplay mechanic in any RPG and Atelier is all about crafting. Is this franchise still about crafting?

Last edited:

Black_Stride

I tried playing an Atelier game once and I remember being bored to tears because crafting is the most boring possible gameplay mechanic in any RPG and Atelier is all about crafting. Is this franchise still about crafting?
Nope its about thick thighs now.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I consider crafting in Atelier Ryza as addicting as Demon fusion in SMT series, I can just spend all day crafting in that game.

Top Bottom