• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATI's R520 still having problems...?

SantaC

Gold Member
ati sure is busy on all fronts. They are going to provide graphic cards for xbox 360 and revolution and they are going to release new pc cards.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Piepz said:
I'm sure they're focusing on Xenos GPU (I bet Microsoft has paid them well :D)

A seperate team worked on the R520.

ATi has been juggling a lot though, that is for sure. When is the R520 due to be announced? I need to make up my mind if a new PC is on my shopping list this year or not, and it'd help to see what they're offering.

Piepz

gofreak said:
When is the R520 due to be announced? I need to make up my mind if a new PC is on my shopping list this year or not, and it'd help to see what they're offering.
I was thinking about this too and then I decided that I should better get the X360. Cheaper than PC upgrade, I'll probably hold up one year more till upgrading my PC (I guess I'll have to buy a new pc anyway)

pestul

Nvidia is sitting back and thinking.. "Man, it was hard enough playing the juggling act with one console gpu and the desktop market.. and those mofos wanna try 3 major releases in 1yr?? Crazy."

EDIT: I should really say 4 major releases.. R600 will probably be expected for release before Revolution anyway. :p

Top Bottom