• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Asks Which Games Do You Want To See On What Platform(s)

sublimit

Banned
Each year Atlus shares a lengthy survey for fans to get a good idea what they want, including remakes, ports, titles by other developers, and more. Here are some interesting questions from this year’s survey.

Q55: If a Persona game listed below were to be announced, would you play them? If so, please tell us which device you’d like for it (PS4/PS VR/PS Vita/Switch/Smartphone/PC/Other)
  1. Persona series shooting game
  2. Persona 5 fighter
  3. Persona 6
  4. Persona series strategy game
  5. Persona series action RPG
  6. Persona series board game
  7. Persona series online RPG

Q60: If Atlus were to do a full remake of a past title, would you play them? If so, please tell us which device you’d like like for it (PS4/PS VR/PS Vita/Switch/Smartphone/PC/Other)
  1. Megami Ibunroku Persona remake
  2. Persona 2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment remake
  3. Persona 3 remake
  4. Persona 4 remake
  5. Persona 5 remake
  6. Shin Megami Tensei: Nine remake
  7. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne remake
  8. Shin Megami Tensei IV remake
  9. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse remake
  10. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga remake
  11. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers remake
  12. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army remake
  13. Etrian Odyssey main-numbered title remake
  14. Devil Summoner series title remake
  15. Devil Survivor series title remake
Q61: How would you feel about another company announcing a new title for any of the following Atlus games (Would definitely play/Depends on content but would play/I wouldn’t want that/No interest or I don’t know)
  1. Soul Hackers series title
  2. Devil Summoner series title
  3. Devil Survivor series title
  4. Persona fighting game series title
  5. Persona Dancing series title
  6. Persona Q series title
  7. Etrian Odyssey series title
  8. Persona series title
  9. Shin Megami Tensei series title
Q62: How would you feel about any of the following work from Atlus (Would definitely support/Likely support/Wouldn’t Support or no interest)
  1. Collaboration work on contents from another company
  2. Video game adaptation of other contents (such as anime)
  3. Ports/remasters of past titles (such as Dragon’s Crown Pro)
  4. Remakes of past titles (such as Etrian Odyssey Untold, Catherine: Full Body)
  5. Spinoff of a classic title (such as Persona 4: Dancing All Night)
  6. Major numbered title development for classic series (such as Shin Megami Tensei V)
  7. Development on a completely new title
Q63: For those who would support the development of a completely new title from Atlus, share your thoughts on the following (Would definitely play/Depends on content but would play/Wouldn’t think about playing or no interest/I don’t know)
  1. A completely new title by Studio Zero
  2. A completely new title by the Etrian Odyssey team (not a Etrian Odyssey title)
  3. A completely new title by the Persona team (not a Persona title)
  4. A completely new title by Vanillaware
  5. A completely new title by the Shin Megami Tensei team (not a Shin Megami Tensei title)
Q64: Should a main-numbered title be released for the series below, which device you’d like like for it (PS4/PS VR/PS Vita/Switch/Smartphone/PC/Other)
  1. Persona series
  2. Etrian Odyssey series
  3. Shin Megami Tensei series

[Bonus] Q66: This is the final question. Do you believe in the existence of the “Phantom Thieves of Hearts”? Please select the choice that applies best
  1. Phantom Thieves? What’s that?
  2. There’s no way that’s possible loool
  3. Not even grade schoolers would believe that
  4. The whole “Heart” thing is lame
  5. I think it’d be cool
  6. I believe in you, Phantom Thieves!
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/26/atlus-asks-games-want-see-platforms-annual-survey/

Last edited:

TannerDemoz

Everything on Switch – no way am I putting in the hours required for their games sat in front of the couch when my girlfriend needs the TV too!

Fassace

Neo Member
I would love remakes of Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga and Persona 3 for either PS4 or PC. A Persona action RPG sounds great as well!
Damn, now they've got me dreaming.

Battlechili

Banned
I can't wait to tell them how much I want games on PC and then hear crickets chirping!
In all seriousness though, this gives me a bit of hope. Someday, hopefully, Atlus will do PC releases of their games.

Also I'd really love to see a Devil Survivor Remake. I know Overclocked is a thing, but I wanna see Yasuda's artwork in HD.

FireCloud

What would an Atus remake on PSVR even look like? Third person isometric view...might be interesting.

Never thought I'd buy Persona 3 a fourth time...but who knows?

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
I can't really get into most JRPGs despite my best efforts. There are so few that I actually like, and even fewer that I think are REALLY good. I think I'm broken or something...

Geki-D

Banned
"(PS4/PS VR/PS Vita/Switch/Smartphone/PC/Other)"
They couldn't bother to type Xbox one?
Japanese dev.
kid20rc1z.gif

I guess it also explains why the Vita is on there, I bet a western kid that age would ask "What's a Vita?"

cireza

Banned
I hope that Atlus will give one or two games a try on Xbox One/PC.

I don't see why a game like Dragon's Crown would have not found some decent sales on Xbox and PC. Catherine was released on 360, I wonder if it sold well ?

Last edited:

Omegatron

Neo Member
I feel that a lot of games that Atlus makes and publishes seems to fit the handheld style really well, so I would love for their games to land on Switch at some point.

A quick few minutes of gameplay here and there, before turning the system off or putting it into sleep mode when it's time to get back to work/school.

Also the fact that you can squeeze a few extra minutes of game time in places where you couldn't on a regular home console, would make the long and sometimes boring opening parts of games like the later persona games, feel more bearable to a lot of people.

Quotes like: "It only takes 10+ hours before the game truly opens up!" will be an easier pill to swallow if you don't have to spend those 10+ hours only when you're locked away at home.

Which is probably why plenty of people prefer the Vita version of Persona 4, since it allows you to squeeze more time into the game per day than you could on the PS2 version. Unless you never left the house of course, at which point it becomes big screen vs small screen.

As for games I'd like to see in the future... How about a SMT Musou game? I do like the Musou games and I feel like you could make an interesting mechanic or two based on the source material.

As much as I like Atlus it's very telling than they posted this survey in Japan only :)

As for re releases my wishlist is:
- Persona 3 complete edition - which would join Portable and FES content
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions

And Persona strategy game (I assume sRPG since it's Japanise survey) would be very interesting to have bigger scale fights.

As long as they hit at least one of PS4/PC/Switch i'll be fine :)

One of the greatest games ever made imo. I would be worried about how the remake would turn out though, as much as I love what we already have.

Yeah you're right a full on remake may be worrisome, there's no need to change anything about the game. Now that I think about it, I'd love to see it and the Digital Devil Saga games packaged and remastered with better texture and shit. Maybe do the same with the Raidou games and release a third one. Atlus could pull a Capcom and just release stuff again in the laziest way possible and I'd still be there day one.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I want a Remake of Persona 3 and Bring Persona 4 Golden to PS4 and other Systems.

By the Way Hi friends of Neogaf. Im new =)!

Valdega

Putting the Persona games on Steam seems like a no-brainer. Not sure what Atlus is thinking. Other Japanese publishers have been putting JRPGs on Steam for years.

Last edited:

DryvBy

P5 on PC with 60 fps if possible along with a revamped final area, also some why to regain sp.

There hasn't been a Persona or Yakuza game yet on PC. I don't think this will happen. And if it does, don't count on 60 fps.

Bl@de

Persona 4 Remaster with some updates to gameplay and graphics on PS4/PC
Persona 6 and other new RPGs on PC

Everything on PC for infinite BC purposes but who am I kidding, they only released the survey to Japan and they don't care about PC. FeelsBadMan

Avalon304

Persona 3 FES remaster on PS4 (with the Female Main Character from Portable) Update the sstems to use the systems form Persona 5.

Persona 4 Golden remaster on PS4. Update the systems to use the systems from Persona 5.

That would be all I want.

DiscoJer

This is always one of the weird things about Sega. They've been publishing on PC since the 1990s (partly under the old SegaSoft line) and constantly flirt with it, but never go full bore, either Sega themselves or in this case, their subsidiaries.

Zeblatoul

Neophyte
I would love a Persona 5 Golden on Switch. I loved playing Persona4G on Vita and found the QOL improvements and the shorter nomad sessions to improve my experience with the game.

I would also be curious about a Persona Online with all students being players (and maybe teachers too ?). A Persona Tactics would quench my thirst for TRPG but I'm not sure what the series would add beyond the Persona Skin & maybe Demon's recruitment system

Persona Online RPG sounds like a fantastic idea, with the world being really well fit for it. Other than that, Persona 2 remake. And Persona games for PC and Switch (and Vita).

I
I would love remakes of Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga and Persona 3 for either PS4 or PC. A Persona action RPG sounds great as well!
Damn, now they've got me dreaming.

I don't know about Persona action RPG, but I'd take a remake of Devil Summoner 1 and 2 on PS4 as well.

Corrik

Wow... They don't even list Xbox One as an option besides "Other". Welp. So much for any of their games ever coming to X1.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I feel that a lot of games that Atlus makes and publishes seems to fit the handheld style really well, so I would love for their games to land on Switch at some point.

A quick few minutes of gameplay here and there, before turning the system off or putting it into sleep mode when it's time to get back to work/school.

Also the fact that you can squeeze a few extra minutes of game time in places where you couldn't on a regular home console, would make the long and sometimes boring opening parts of games like the later persona games, feel more bearable to a lot of people.

Quotes like: "It only takes 10+ hours before the game truly opens up!" will be an easier pill to swallow if you don't have to spend those 10+ hours only when you're locked away at home.

Which is probably why plenty of people prefer the Vita version of Persona 4, since it allows you to squeeze more time into the game per day than you could on the PS2 version. Unless you never left the house of course, at which point it becomes big screen vs small screen.

As for games I'd like to see in the future... How about a SMT Musou game? I do like the Musou games and I feel like you could make an interesting mechanic or two based on the source material.
Not really, I had P4G for months and never got too into it until Playstation Tv came out and I sunk hours into it then.
Got P3F and did the same, some people may like the portable nature but actually prevented me getting into a game series I now love.

Top Bottom