• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart Exceeds Expectations, Revenues Increased by 36% at Focus Entertainment

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
atomic-heart-exceeds-expectations-revenues-increased-by-36-at-focus-entertainment.jpeg

Focus Entertainment, a publishing company, has issued financial reports for the 2022 financial year. And it said that its revenue surpassed its previous high of 194.1 million euros, which is 36.2 percent higher than in fiscal year 2021.

Four successful in-house projects were released during the financial year: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, A Plague Tale: Requiem, and Evil West (together with Flying Wild Hog). Mundfish's action game Atomic Heart, which was developed by the group in the last quarter of the financial year, also exceeded the group's expectations.

SnowRunner was released in April 2020, and Insurgency: Sandstorm was released in December 2018. This was all due to continued improvements in content.

Focus Entertainment purchased Railsimulator, a studio that originated from Train Simulator Classic and Train Sim World. The amount of the transaction has not been released, but the studio will continue to work within the new company.

Focus' sixth acquisition since June 2020 has included the publishing companies Deck13, Streum On Studio, Dotemu, Twelve Tenths, and Games Studio.

Focus Entertainment hopes to do even more in fiscal year 2023/24. Aliens: Dark Descent will be released in June, and Atlas Fallen will be released on August 10, 2023, along with other major titles such as Banishers: Ghost of New Eden, developed in collaboration with Don't Nodi Warhammer 40.000: Space Marine 2.

Noice Thats Nice GIF

Salz01

The game was good overall. Could have used a bit better pacing, and ditch that over world free from map. They could fix all that with Atomic Heart 2. Need me some more robo chicks….

Senua

Played for a few hours, I really liked the intro and atmosphere but between the incredibly annoying protagonist and repetitive combat/enemies... I got bored

hlm666

Plague Tale, Atomic Heart and Evil West also released on all platforms in a pretty good state. It would appear having a multiplatform release and having a bad version on any of the platforms could have an overall detrimental effect. Sill waiting for the Atomic Heart RT update Mundfish chop chop ;)

Focus Ent. has a very deep and long relationship with MS, along with Asobo (who also has a good relationship with MS). thrus far, they seem to be releasing banger after banger. If they were ever interested in selling, I'm certain MS would be the first to make an offer, and I won't doubt that they'd be willing to outbid any others who try to purchase them.

fermcr

Played Atomic Heart on Gamepass and didn't like it. Nice graphics but wasn't having fun. After a few hours I simply gave up.
Thank God I didn't purchase the game (likely would have returned it before the 2 hour mark).

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Where is the fuckin RTX. Radio silence since release when the game was massively marketed by Nvidia with it.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Focus Ent. has a very deep and long relationship with MS, along with Asobo (who also has a good relationship with MS). thrus far, they seem to be releasing banger after banger. If they were ever interested in selling, I'm certain MS would be the first to make an offer, and I won't doubt that they'd be willing to outbid any others who try to purchase them.

I wish. Focus plus Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal for probably less than one 10th the price of A/B/K would have been a much better buy for me. I wouldn't need anything outside of Xbox first Party. At least most of the time Focus games come to Game Pass Day 1 anyway.

I wish. Focus plus Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal for probably less than one 10th the price of A/B/K would have been a much better buy for me. I wouldn't need anything outside of Xbox first Party. At least most of the time Focus games come to Game Pass Day 1 anyway.
That's definitely not a bad line-up. For me, my dream team would be Remedy, Take Two Interactive, Nether Realms, Focus Ent/Asobo and the Mortal Kombat franchise, Crystal Dynamics and IO Interactive. The reasoning; MS has, for the most part, a lack of great 3rd person games, which is what I prefer; with Remedy and Rockstar, we get some great 3rd person experiences. With IO, Crystal Dynamics and Asobo/Focus we get some damn good 3rd person experiences as well, and MS would now have a great stealth IP under their helm.MS owns the Quantum Break IP, and Remedy having access to it again is perfect. Same goes for Max Payne, Rockstar and Remedy being all under the same roof. Also, the Northlight engine that Remedy uses is phenomenal. And as far as fighting games go, Nether Realms really excel at what they do, and the thought of Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct under the same umbrella would be a dream come true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom