• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audio experts: Don't have sound anymore when selecting Bitsream (Dolby) PS4

RCU005

I changed the setting to Bitstream (Dolby) instead of Linear PCM on the PS4 because got a better sound when playing Final Fantasy VII Remake. The game has an issue with the audio where it sounds like it's configured to be surround sound, but since I have the PS4 connected to just the TV, the voices got drowned by the music and SFX sounds. When changing the setting to bitstream helped a lot, and made it sound as normal as possible.

However, I just turned on my PS4 right now, and there is no sound. Didn't move anything, and I was playing in the morning with no issues. I somehow deducted it was that, and yes, when I changed to Linear PCM it had sound again.

Is there a reason why? The TV has sound and everything on the TV is normal. It's just the PS4 that suddenly stop working like that.

On the other hand, is Bitstream (recommended at all)? Am I wrong assuming that it's reserved for people that have home theaters that can only output Dolby (or DTS)?

Thanks for the help! Great day!

Fake

If you're using the TV speakers, those settings need to match up. If you put PCM linear, your TV speaker option need to be set PCM linear as well. Bitstream in the same way.

Change between the dolby digital compression method. RF or line. I guess RF force regular stereo mode while line use dolby version.

Last edited:

RCU005

Is the sound coming from the built-in speakers on the TV?

Suddenly there’s no sound coming from the TV speakers. It used to until this morning. It only has sound when changing to Linear PCM

If you're using the TV speakers, those settings need to match up. If you put PCM linear, your TV speaker option need to be set PCM linear as well. Bitstream in the same way.

Change between the dolby digital compression method. RF or line. I guess RF force regular stereo mode while line use dolby version.

My TV has an option for Dolby Audio and that’s the one I have been using. Still no sound anymore. Only with the PS4.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

I had different problems with Dolby/PCM PS4 settings leading me to ultimately using optical to get 5.1 Dolby surround sound from my soundbar instead of just stereo.

Top Bottom