• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audio lag on Xbox Series X - it’s seriously annoying!

anthony2690

Banned
This is TV not the console issue, Sony TVs are notorious for this kind of problems
I know, as mentioned I came into here expecting this to be about audio being delayed on Xbox DVR, but the thread is about someone having delayed audio instead.

I have a Samsung Qled Q80T, I have zero issues with audio whilst gaming.

But I have audio issues with my DVR clips sadly.

NinjaBoiX

Not my business? You’re the one coming in not telling us about your Frankenstein setup and letting people guess what could be wrong with it.

You’re upset that someone told you the truth about your jank setup.
Frankenstein set up? It’s a console connected directly to the TV, it literally couldn’t be more straight forward. So I supplement the tinny on board speakers with an auxiliary set, what an absolute lunatic eh?

I took offence to your judgmental tone about a TV of all things, as if some yardstick of sophistication.

Weird flex bro.

jaysius

Banned
Frankenstein set up? It’s a console connected directly to the TV, it literally couldn’t be more straight forward. So I supplement the tinny on board speakers with an auxiliary set, what an absolute lunatic eh?

I took offence to your judgmental tone about a TV of all things, as if some yardstick of sophistication.

Weird flex bro.
Any post processing from your tv will create a delay, like reality creation, mpeg denoise , film mode, live Color… basically you might need to turn off all those settings, this will also reduce input lag.

Justin9mm

I'd definitely say it's some issue with xbox audio settings, maybe go through audio/setup settings on Xbox again, it must be something there causing the lag. If PlayStation works fine then it's probably not the TV audio settings.

I assume you have it physically setup fine but hard to troubleshoot online if what's wrong isn't obvious. Good luck OP.

NinjaBoiX

UPDATE: I set the HDMI pass through to “yes” and that seemed to solve it. Even though it’s not “passing through” anything…🤷🏼‍♂️

It also still comes up with “DTS Surround” at the top of the screen on start-up, even though I have the Xbox set to Stereo. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Whatever, the audio isn’t lagging anymore so happy days! Thanks for your help guys. ✌🏼

Kyo

Don't know about the Series X, but this was the reason for me to get rid if my Xbox One X. Had it plugged straight into the TV via HDMI and the audio was always out of sync with the video. Unbearable.

Top Bottom