• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Bet - will Starfield launch H1 2023?

Avatar bet - Does Starfield launch H1 2023?

• Total voters

Kirkio

September 21 GIF by Earth, Wind & Fire
The 21st of September? I could live with that, probably looking forward to starfield more than spiderman 2

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What the hell are you talking about man?

Whats the difference between saying "before or after July 1st" and saying "before or after August 1st"???

Well what if it releases July 31st theres only one day between July and August.
Its like betting on a coin flip...yada yada yada.

We can do that over and over for pretty much any month, quarter or half.

Because in June 2022 Microsoft themselves said it was "coming in the next 12 months". I assumed that was the entire point of the bet, i.e. will it be delayed or not, and if it was July 1st it would technically be "delayed", but not exactly given they didn't actually give a firm date yet. People would be "losing" a bet by days, September onwards felt more substantial to me.

Doesn't matter, I don't feel confident one way or the other with this thing, it's never going to release in a good state anyway.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Because in June 2022 Microsoft themselves said it was "coming in the next 12 months". I assumed that was the entire point of the bet, i.e. will it be delayed or not, and if it was July 1st it would technically be "delayed", but not exactly given they didn't actually give a firm date yet. People would be "losing" a bet by days, September onwards felt more substantial to me.
aLjqOl6.jpg

Ezekiel_

Banned
I see nothing to gain from this, so not betting, but I think it's second half of 2023, probably November for a full year delay, as per their tradition.

Umbasaborne

Banned
No, it has been almost assuredly delayed to
This holiday. They know people will be pissed so they are waiting for the right time to say it to soften the blow. They probably want to
Show gameplay again then announce a firm
Holiday date this november, and announce any collectors editions they have as well
Well i was right, but wrong about november (could still get another push). It was really idiotic of them to try to commit this game for the first 6 months of this year, what an asinine decision

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I guess your beautiful picture comes from a lost bet?
Yeah it does, lol.

After that Ragnarok avatar bet thread I said I wasn't doing any more. It got kinda weird. Some ppl legit having semi meltdowns before and after the launch announcement.

Seems most here picked right.

GHG

Gold Member
Don’t you have different avatars? Otherwise you aren’t going to be able to distinguish people

There aren't that many of us, there were less avatars to go around proportionally for the god of war avatar bet last year.

Fredrik

So are you telling me that out of... 70 people... there's not one picture of a naked Tod or something?
Errr okay Jim Ryan for president it is! Changing it asap!! 😳

Edit: seriously though, the avatar should highlight the thing we bet against, it getting a second delay. Todd lying, again, Phil crying, Starfield release date getting slashed twice, or something like that. I don’t understand this one. But maybe that’s the point?

Last edited:

Fredrik

Sorry misread... damn.

Yo can you guys give some variety like this please? There's like 70 of you, the God of War avatars where great.

S0mth33.jpg
Nice but that makes no sense either, he needs to cry or something, he missed the release target, twice

Top Bottom