• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Bet - will Starfield launch H1 2023?

Avatar bet - Does Starfield launch H1 2023?

• Total voters

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So, here we are.

Another Avatar bet.

Will Starfield launch, bugs and all in the first half of 2023 as Microsoft has promised?

Avatars still need to be decided, and I think you have to wear your Avatar with pride for atleast a month. Personally, I think it should be for 6 months from 1st of July until the end of the year.

What do you think?

Let's do this, I'll risk it. And vote yes that it will launch in H1.

Inspired by MidGenRefresh MidGenRefresh thx bro.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean I'm 50/50 on this... but decided to roll with them just pushing it out anyway...

Probably means il be wearing an avatar for a long time though...

mansoor1980

do not underestimate the power of todd howard

RepentantSlowErin-max-1mb.gif

this will be his MASTERPIECE and haters will be owned

Not voting cause I love my avatar.

But it's a bit of a no brainer. It's gonna be H2.

They are releasing only Redfall before fate of Acti-blizz deal is decided. Not seeing them taking any chances.

If it was coming out in the next 4 months I'm sure we'd know about it already. I think there was 5 months between Fallout 4 reveal and release.

I'm just going to tell myself it'll be October-November. If it comes sooner then great.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
H1 is a weird bet to make when it could be literally July 1st and that's H2.

I'd bet it's delayed slightly to, say, Autumn. Fall for the murricans.

j.k.2021

Banned
It will launch with bugs regardless.It's impossible to launch a massive rpg like this with complex systems without bugs.People need to stop comparing it with linear games.

Umbasaborne

Banned
No, it has been almost assuredly delayed to
This holiday. They know people will be pissed so they are waiting for the right time to say it to soften the blow. They probably want to
Show gameplay again then announce a firm
Holiday date this november, and announce any collectors editions they have as well

emivita

I'm risking and voting no. Starfield is gonna be their holiday game. And Hellblade is 2024.

With Zelda and FFXVI stealing the scene, I don't think a H1 release is a wise choice.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If it launches I'm gonna play it, bugs and all.
Same here as I cannot wait to get my hands on it no matter how buggy it will likely be.

Just my 2 cents but if it was coming in the next 3-4 months with how much Phil loves to talk he would be tweeting weekly he was playing it and loving it and can't wait to share it with all of us

Maybe the PR green machine kicks in full force very soon but things are too quiet right now.

93xfan

Banned
2nd half. Willing to never watch another stupid Avatar movie if I’m wrong (same if I’m right).

Avatar: The Last Airbender is another story though.

Are people forgetting they said Starfield is after Redfall? So unless Starfield launched in June it would HAVE to launch in H2.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
H1 is a weird bet to make when it could be literally July 1st and that's H2.

I'd bet it's delayed slightly to, say, Autumn. Fall for the murricans.
Well its not coming out on Saturday or Sunday.
So if it comes out July 3rd thats very clearly H2.
If it comes out June 30th thats H1

So there is a very very clear divide between H1 and H2.

You say you are willing to bet, well then put your avatar where your keyboard is.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

You say you are willing to bet, well then put your avatar where your keyboard is.

Yeah they have until end of June. If its first week July that's still a H2 date and I'll wear my avatar with pride.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

But that's what I'm saying, it's so close that it's not a very interesting bet to me. It's like betting on a coin flip. God of War bet was better because it had a minimum of a 1.5 month buffer and realistically if it was delayed it wouldn't be until January.

Give me odds on "Starfield to release after August" and I might take it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
But that's what I'm saying, it's so close that it's not a very interesting bet to me. It's like betting on a coin flip. God of War bet was better because it had a minimum of a 1.5 month buffer and realistically if it was delayed it wouldn't be until January.

Give me odds on "Starfield to release after August" and I might take it.
What the hell are you talking about man?

Whats the difference between saying "before or after July 1st" and saying "before or after August 1st"???

Well what if it releases July 31st theres only one day between July and August.
Its like betting on a coin flip...yada yada yada.

We can do that over and over for pretty much any month, quarter or half.

Top Bottom