• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar - Frontier of Pandora | Announcement Trailer

brian0057

Banned
Imagine being excited by an Avatar game just because it "looks pretty". Especially one made by Ubisoft, the grand masters of prevarication.
God, a second crash can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Imagine being excited by an Avatar game just because it "looks pretty". Especially one made by Ubisoft, the grand masters of prevarication.
God, a second crash can't come soon enough.
Imagine thinking we live in a world where everyone has the same opinion.
What a stupid post.

VN1X

Banned
Really shits on the stuff from Guerrilla with Horizon Forbidden West, makes it look cross gen.
Hmm maybe because, I dunno, it is cross-gen?

Willem Dafoe Smile GIF

I hope you were being sarcastic, if so my apologies. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Hated the movie. I liked the basic premise of Humans being the invaders, but hated the cat people Navi design and how the plot was basically just Phocahontas (don’t care if that’s a “lazy” criticism, it’s accurate, and it’s annoying how people got distracted by 3D graphics too much to realize how thoroughly unoriginal and hamfistedly preachy it was).

Exploring the world in game form, however could be really interesting, so I’ll be keeping my eye on this. Not going to get to excited though because it’ll probably be just another Ubisoft “Original” cooker cutter open world slog.

Rikkori

Was that not a CGI trailer and not gameplay running inengine? Why's everyone saying it's looks incredible and some saying it doesn't look anything special... I'm fucking confused, granted heads a bit muggy from drinking a shit ton last night but still... What did I just watch?

Just rewatched on my telly instead of my phone, missed the running in engine, gotta say that looks fucking incredible with some serious visuals on display but this is ubisoft so actual game will look fuck all like that and be massively downgraded
Because most people have no clue what to look for to tell the difference, that's why when I say this is 100% possible as gameplay footage I state the reasons for it, and perhaps should've also added: on PC. Secondly, I'm guessing most of the doubters have not paid any attention to The Division 2 and how Ubisoft+Massive have handled things since the first Division's fiasco with the bullshot gameplay trailer at E3. I on the other hand have spent hundreds of hours in it and always paid close attention to its rendering tech because it's been honestly that impressive (and it helps that it's been in 4K since the start). You can see they've been upfront from the get-go with it (and keep in mind it looks a LOT sharper in-game than on youtube due to compression screwing up when foliage is on screen in action):

Reveal:

Final product:

Hell, look at this "game engine footage" trailer, it looks very very close to what the game actually looks like:

And for a comparison of E3 vs Game:

brender

Neo Member
Launched today

Very interesting dev's comments

According to this developer's technical analysis, which uses its own AIDA (Artificial Intelligence Detailed Analysis):

Global Illumination - Ray Tracing
Shading - Ray Tracing
Native 4k
Possible Mesh Shaders
Very High Resolution Texture

Highly colored images, as well as black and white images, display light sources and levels

Global Illumination - Ray Tracing

as4YEmM.jpeg

Shading - Ray Tracing

opCpO1P.jpeg

Native 4k
Possible Mesh Shaders

OV3kG9C.png

Very High Resolution Texture

dbLRMYO.jpeg

Why would I want to play as the blue alien tribesmen and fight the humans though?

I want to play with all the human toys - mechs, portal in and out of a blue flesh bot, that big ass ship with a million missles and guns etc. Let me play hack and slash with that mech's Crocodile Dundee knife already.

B brender I have zero doubt this game will push some serious tech innovation, it will be an amazing feat and a curse too. Just like any Cameron involved project.

Last edited:
Top Bottom