• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers Assembling on Gamepass Sept 30

K' Dash

I hope MS charged SE for the space and bandwidth the POS is consuming.

With that said, I'll try the campaign, but the second I feel the game is a grind fest I'll uninstall it.

saintjules

I guess we need a title change.

Scarlet Nexus
Avengers
Mighty Goose
AI Somnium Files
Astoria Ascending

on Gamepass Sept 30th. That's honestly crazy to me. Sorry to sound excited, but it's just shocking to me still. I'll definitely play Scarlet Nexus now.

Whoa, Scarlet Nexus is there? Dang. I bought it on PS5, though I didn't open it yet 🤔

Kagey K

Banned
I guess we need a title change.

Scarlet Nexus
Avengers
Mighty Goose
AI Somnium Files
Astoria Ascending

on Gamepass Sept 30th. That's honestly crazy to me. Sorry to sound excited, but it's just shocking to me still. I'll definitely play Scarlet Nexus now.
That's a lot of hours required to get through all those plus whatever they decide to drop in Oct.

They just don't let off the gas anymore.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I haven't touched this game since release but i remember being massively disappointed in it. Did they finally make it not tedious and boring? Because if it's still a mediocre button masher with similar looking robot enemies then I guess there's still nothing for me here...

LOL just finished downloading the 140 gigs, went to start the game and now I have to download a 46 gig patch. It isn’t a problem for me but I definitely feel sorry for anyone with the same bad timing having slow internet or a data cap.

Last edited:
Here’s a tip: if you haven’t played this before: change ’multi-tap interact style’ (🤯), under gameplay, in the settings, and set it to ‘hold‘. That way it sets it to complete the button mashing segments by holding the button instead of mashing it and you can save yourself wrecking a controller.
is that for the team takedown type of things?

is that for the team takedown type of things?
For anything requiring button mashing.

To explain: basically the button prompts that pops up where you have to mash the button to fill the circle around it; that setting makes it so you just have to hold down the button instead of just mashing the button as fast as you can.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This game may or may not be good, I'm happy I get to try it on gp. The trailers all really turned me off to it as they never really showed the game......

thatJohann

This campaign is so fucking good. Also it looks incredible on Series X using Dolby Vision / 60fps performance mode. Stunning.

4-EFB2-DC8-8836-467-D-8-AC1-986-EDFE74-E59.png

Last edited:
How fucking long do I have to play as Kamala? People that aren't into comics aren't gonna be excited to play as a character they never heard of.

How fucking long do I have to play as Kamala? People that aren't into comics aren't gonna be excited to play as a character they never heard of.
don't worry u won't be forced to play as her after awhile. Then u can ignore using her for most of the game. Im into comics...but i had never heard of her. And to me the game did a great job of introducing her. She's slightly cringey...but its tolerable. Imo the direction they took was a smart entryway into this world. And had i not played this game i wouldn't care about the upcoming Ms Marvel Disney+ series whatsoever.
Maybe im on an island here but i actually found her fun to play as also. She's very Kratos-like.

Avengers is 132gb?? Why?
blame xbox. 97 on PS5. At launch on last gen it was only like 60gb

I've heard the campaign is actually ok so this might be worth a download to check that out.

Also after all the drama with the Spider Man exclusivity I find it funny that this ends up on Gamepass and there's still no indication of when Spider Man will release lol

It very much is. I've just gotten done with the first major hulk section after the initial opening, and let me tell you this game's campaign story is fucking good. Combat is also surprisingly good. Play on nothing less than the hard difficulty. It's really damn rewarding. I'm actually grateful the main story doesn't seem to be anywhere near as bad as all the crapping on this game has gotten would have implied. It's legitimately well acted, it has heart, it has that sense of adventure and mystery, it's so perfectly comic book. They got a lot right with this game. I need to go further in, but so far I'm loving it.

tsumake

It very much is. I've just gotten done with the first major hulk section after the initial opening, and let me tell you this game's campaign story is fucking good. Combat is also surprisingly good. Play on nothing less than the hard difficulty. It's really damn rewarding. I'm actually grateful the main story doesn't seem to be anywhere near as bad as all the crapping on this game has gotten would have implied. It's legitimately well acted, it has heart, it has that sense of adventure and mystery, it's so perfectly comic book. They got a lot right with this game. I need to go further in, but so far I'm loving it.

If by “heart” you mean inoffensive pablum like most MCU fare, sure. The performances are delivered well enough. Having Kamala nerd out like a ‘90s teen caricature gets really tiresome and makes her even more one dimensional. But hey, it has heart. 🥰

twilo99

I would try it if they put it up in the cloud... zero chance I'm downloading 130gb

gamepass problems I guess

Kagey K

Banned
Most people's problems weren't with the campaign, it was mostly endgame related as there was no point to grind gear, when there was no raids or worthwhile content to put that gear to use in.
If by “heart” you mean inoffensive pablum like most MCU fare, sure. The performances are delivered well enough. Having Kamala nerd out like a ‘90s teen caricature gets really tiresome and makes her even more one dimensional. But hey, it has heart. 🥰
That's how she is in the comics too. She's a giant fan that got powers from the mist and gets to meet her heroes.

I personally like her comics and feel like they did her justice in the campaign. Especially since she could squish most of her heroes.

tsumake

Most people's problems weren't with the campaign, it was mostly endgame related as there was no point to grind gear, when there was no raids or worthwhile content to put that gear to use in.

That's how she is in the comics too. She's a giant fan that got powers from the mist and gets to meet her heroes.

I personally like her comics and feel like they did her justice in the campaign. Especially since she could squish most of her heroes.

So they were being faithful? Even better.

elliot5

I would try it if they put it up in the cloud... zero chance I'm downloading 130gb

gamepass problems I guess
It is in the cloud... On mobile. Idk what's up with the caching or something on the browser/Xbox app. Doesn't want to appear there

Kagey K

Banned
So they were being faithful? Even better.
Except she gets to be an Avenger in the comics and gets distraught at the infighting and politics between Cap and Iron Man so she goes off and creates her own group called the Champions with Miles Morales.

I was hoping to see that explored in add on chapters for the game, but either it wasn't in the cards or Sony handcuffed it

Last edited:

tsumake

Except she gets to be an Avenger in the comics and gets distraught at the infighting and politics between Cap and Iron Man so she goes off and creates her own group called the Champions with Miles Morales.

I was hoping to see that explored in add on chapters for the game, but either it wasn't in the cards or Sony handcuffed it

Oh my god! I don’t care.

twilo99

It is in the cloud... On mobile. Idk what's up with the caching or something on the browser/Xbox app. Doesn't want to appear there

Oh, well hopefully its a matter of time then!

edit. Its on the website now!

Last edited:
Can I somehow transfer my Steam-Free-Weekend-Save over to the Gamepass-Version? I'd like to play the rest of SP, but don't want to start completely over...

kuncol02

Banned
This campaign is so fucking good. Also it looks incredible on Series X using Dolby Vision / 60fps performance mode. Stunning.

4-EFB2-DC8-8836-467-D-8-AC1-986-EDFE74-E59.png
It is. And slapping enemies with giant hands as Ms Marvel is strangely satisfying.
Shame that they decided to make that game stupid gaas (gaas parts are terrible and are dragging whole game down) instead of normal game with coop campaign.

ManaByte

In addition to adding it to GamePass and Cloud, they've now made it a Play Anywhere title.

So if you own it on Xbox you also own the PC version as well and the achievements are synced.

manfestival

Did some Coop with some buddies. The gameplay feels interesting at first but then it gets really boring and repetitive. I might do the campaign but not too sure if my friends are even going to bother playing it beyond the like 3 hours we already put into the game. My friend put the game on hardest difficulty on our first run of the game period and we breezed through it. Then there were some things we needed to complete at normal difficulty which proved to be a joke by the time we got to it.

The graphics are nice at max settings and not too demanding on my GPU while going from 90-110 fps.

Top Bottom