• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Axios] Former PlayStation worker sues gaming giant, alleges gender discrimination

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Worthless comment because you cannot rebuke his point. He makes a valid point, equality is sought in order to get the positive aspects and not the negative, that isnt equality its cherry picking what you want to improve your situation.

More or less worthless than bringing in an ongoing real world conflict into a topic that's absolutely got nothing to do with it at all ?

Should we also talk about the south african apartheid in this topic about a harassment allegation ?

Last edited:

NikuNashi

More or less worthless than bringing in an ongoing real world conflict into a topic that's absolutely got nothing to do with it at all ?

Should we also talk about the south african apartheid in this topic about a harassment allegation ?

The ongoing conflict was very relevant as the poster stated if you even read what he said. Gender equality was suddenly forgotten when it comes to life and death situations, and feminists are silent about that which proves that they do not want equality, they want it better.

adamsapple

The ongoing conflict was very relevant as the poster stated if you even read what he said. Gender equality was suddenly forgotten when it comes to life and death situations, and feminists are silent about that which proves that they do not want equality, they want it better.

Yeah, I read what the poster said, my heart goes out to the people suffering from the war but that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Shoehorning that as an argument into any perceived gender bias is a fools errand.

Not to drag it further off topic but Ukrainian women are also fighting in the war, 15% of the army is women and many civilians are also choosing to pick up arms.

But none of that has any relevance to what this topic is about.

Louay

Uncle Phil about to revalue his and MS relationship with Sony

BHDC5aN.gif

Last edited:

NikuNashi

Yeah, I read what the poster said, my heart goes out to the people suffering from the war but that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Shoehorning that as an argument into any perceived gender bias is a fools errand.

Not to drag it further off topic but Ukrainian women are also fighting in the war, 15% of the army is women and many civilians are also choosing to pick up arms.

But none of that has any relevance to what this topic is about.
'Alleged' Gender equality / inequality is exactly what this topic is about.

Underlining something and bolding it does not make you point any more relevant, just makes you look like a retard. Why is it always people who joined gaf in the last year that comment this ass gravy on topics that relate to 'the message'.

adamsapple

'Alleged' Gender equality / inequality is exactly what this topic is about.

Exactly, if you want to talk about the ongoing war in Ukraine, there's separate topics about it. This topic's about the alleged allegations that Sony are now facing, which is the next big video game company in a series now. So let's stick to the boilerplate statements please.

Underlining something and bolding it does not make you point any more relevant, just makes you look like a retard. Why is it always people who joined gaf in the last year that comment this ass gravy on topics that relate to 'the message'.

Underlining is to emphasize that whatbaoutism isn't the answer to the problem, that's deliberately muddying the discussion, something bad faith actors can do pretty well.

Good stuff looking up join date, that sure does prove whatever point you're trying to make :messenger_tears_of_joy: Wanna call me another name or two while you're at it ?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That massive discrepancy during the calibration session is impossible to ignore. Will wait to see how things play out. These stories are becoming so common I am getting aspects of each case confused with another.

NikuNashi

Exactly, if you want to talk about the ongoing war in Ukraine, there's separate topics about it. This topic's about the alleged allegations that Sony are now facing, which is the next big video game company in a series now. So let's stick to the boilerplate statements please.

Underlining is to emphasize that whatbaoutism isn't the answer to the problem, that's deliberately muddying the discussion, something bad faith actors can do pretty well.

Good stuff looking up join date, that sure does prove whatever point you're trying to make :messenger_tears_of_joy: Wanna call me another name or two while you're at it ?

It wasn't me, it was another poster, you seem confused. However the poster was discussing the gender disparity when it comes to war citing the current ukraine conflict as you well know. Gender equality is the point of this topic and the poster cited a reference to gender equality that cited the current war.

Also don't say 'let's do this and that' you don't get to suggest or control what other people discuss here, just focus on your own opinions and let other people have theirs.

kingfey

Banned
It wasn't me, it was another poster, you seem confused. However the poster was discussing the gender disparity when it comes to war citing the current ukraine conflict as you well know. Gender equality is the point of this topic and the poster cited a reference to gender equality that cited the current war.

Also don't say 'let's do this and that' you don't get to suggest or control what other people discuss here, just focus on your own opinions and let other people have theirs.
One of the main things that stops majority of women joining the army, is the sexual assault. The American military is suffering from that. And there is no guarantee protection for women.
Then there is the affect of the war prisoner, that will be inflicted on women. While some men can handle being a prisoner war, most women wont, considering the treatment they will get. If they survive, some of them will commit suicide, rather than live with those horrible memories.

adamsapple

Ok Pardon me for misquoting you since you're the one agreeing with the points the original poster made as they didn't reply to my post directly.

Regardless, this topic is about gender equality and/or perceived discrimination in an otherwise supposedly inclusive company and their work environment.

It's literally the farthest thing from an actual war in terms of discussion. Diving into the semantics of women's role in war is a whole whole whole another subject that has zero, zip, nada to do with this topic. Whataboutism really is the end of all rational discussion.

Just trying to steer the topic back.

-

Anyway, since I seem to be in the minority in this topic and the majority folks are very happy just mercilessly dismissing the accusers outright, I'm best not contributing to it anymore as it'll only lead to arguments.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
I hope they lose. This crap is getting old. If you want to work in a male dominated industry then adapt. Same goes for men in women dominated industries.

Last edited:

Closer

This thread is funny because everyone is trying to put their bias first instead of giving both sides the benefit of the doubt. Congratulations.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What the fuck ?

You're seriously saying women should just let it happen and not complain about unwelcome flirtation and sexual advances/comments at work ?

A lot of oddly dude-bro posts here just outright dismissing this, pretty fucking disappointing.
Not like you think. I know these women.
Probably someone said Joke to her…
Again. We don’t know anything

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
100% true. It goes beyond STEM too. Basically any career field that requires someone to get dirty or slave away in the summer heat or winter cold (ie. construction work, garbage man etc...) is probably 90% guys. Maybe even more depending on the occupation and job site.

But amazingly(!!!), crossing guards seem 100% women. I don't think I've ever seen a guy do it.

The fact some people want 50/50 men and women in jobs doesn't even make sense because that view focuses on male dominated jobs. But female dominated jobs are left untouched where it's probably an 80/20 ratio for women (teaching, nursing, shopping mall jobs etc....). So cant have it both way keeping the ratio high in some sectors, but want 50/50 in other sectors. There wouldnt even be enough skilled woman to fill all the roles to hit these ratios based on performance. That's why they force it in with gender quotas.
I was actually crossed by a older guy yesterday, was laughing my ass off. It was the first time ever that happened to me. Like he was protecting me with his huge stop sign lol.

Loope

"demeaning comments, unwelcome advances..."
What kind of accusations are that ?!
Of course you will have "unwelcome advances". You are a person, not a rock on the parking lot... someone going to flirt with you sooner or later.
I've not read too deep into this but I already have a mental image.
I work in a huge international company and there are always assholes. It's work.. with people. The company policy is open and I can't imagine it's different in playstation US. Most of HR managers are women too. They do not discriminate.
Depending what positions. We have many engineering positions open but most of people applying are men. It's just facts.
I have a simple view on this and also work on the STEM field with a number of women. Do your fucking work and go home, stop trying to hook up with people, keep it in your pants. It's just that simple, if you can't separate work from personal life, then i'm sorry to say you're borderline retarded (i'm not talking about you obviously).

This goes to all genders or sexuality. I don't care if you're a woman or a man or gay or straight. Just don't flirt with people on the job or make advances.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I have a simple view on this and also work on the STEM field with a number of women. Do your fucking work and go home, stop trying to hook up with people, keep it in your pants. It's just that simple, if you can't separate work from personal life, then i'm sorry to say you're borderline retarded (i'm not talking about you obviously).

This goes to all genders or sexuality. I don't care if you're a woman or a man or gay or straight. Just don't flirt with people on the job or make advances.
Even the CEO is married to one of our directors at work. Here it's quite common to have relationships in the office and no one blinks an eye. It all depends on cultural norms.

Last edited:

GymWolf

My post history can witness I'm FAR from being a Sony fanboy, but this sounds like another nothing-burger.

"A bunch of women with a victim complex bitched that 'Being woman is some tough shit and men suck'. Everybody panic!
Yeah it kinda sounds like that.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical of these lawsuits. Certainly seems like women have realised there's money in these hills. Group together a few shitty interpersonal experiences with co-workers, the fact that some men are getting promoted above you, start a lawsuit, and then cash in when the massive corporation pays you to go away. Rinse, repeat.

SeraphJan

You also forgot to mentioned, Ukraine authority is banning all males citizen ranging from 18-60 from withdrawing their own money in bank, and also banning them from leaving the country. While women have the choice to escape and with supports. But the news only portray women as the victim, those majority of innocent males citizen are not the concern. Choose to fight and forced to fight are completely different things, imaging a 60 years guy that never had any training in combat was sent to the frontline.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
70 vs 4 might seem too much of a discrepancy, but what they don't tell you is that it is mandatory for Sony employees to score at least 3 three pointers in 5 tries, or to juggle a soccer (god forgive me) ball at least ten times without dropping it in order to get promoted...

SeraphJan

The take away: Male worker should start complaining more and make everything appear to be gender discrimination against the male gender.

The kid that cries the loudest gets the candy.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

This is not so simple.
Plenty of people meet in work and become a happy couple.

Loope

This is not so simple.
Plenty of people meet in work and become a happy couple.
Of course, it's only my opinion and the rules i follow, I've seen also plenty of people engage with each other on a team and things go bad. Then they basically destroyed all the team with their shit from personal life, it came to a point it was unbearable to work with both together and one had to leave.
I don't really get why people feel they should make advances on the workplace. If you feel there's something there, just say once and stop bothering people with your crap. At my former workplace a dude tried for months, what the hell is that? Same happened with a woman, except the guy straight up told her to leave him alone.

Helghan

I'm skeptical of these lawsuits. Certainly seems like women have realised there's money in these hills. Group together a few shitty interpersonal experiences with co-workers, the fact that some men are getting promoted above you, start a lawsuit, and then cash in when the massive corporation pays you to go away. Rinse, repeat.
They are pretty specific, and some things are indeed over the line. But Sony should be given the time to answer on a case by case basis on what they did to help these women in those situations.

Dr.Morris79

Jut hire men. Problem solved.
I actually agree with this. The shit my wife comes out with when she talks about her 'female' run office within the NHS is utterly fucking crazy...

Just realise that sometimes when your family members operation is cancelled, maybe even ON THE DAY... is purely because Sally was off on the day it needed to be 'properly booked' as she had period cramps. And the female managers are utterly incompetent and have zero clue whats going on..

Too on the nose? Tough shit, this actually happens (y)

This is even before you get into bitchy office politics and time off due to women being 'off' due to bitchy office politics

'It's stressfull, dont forget'

And no, i'm not sexist. It's just a reality.

Mhmm... 15% only? Seems like a clear case of gender discrimination right here :messenger_confused:

Quick, someone make a tweet about it!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
One of the main things that stops majority of women joining the army, is the sexual assault. The American military is suffering from that. And there is no guarantee protection for women.
Then there is the affect of the war prisoner, that will be inflicted on women. While some men can handle being a prisoner war, most women wont, considering the treatment they will get. If they survive, some of them will commit suicide, rather than live with those horrible memories.
Wow. What a take on military enrolment.

And here I thought the reason why military jobs (especially front line gunslingers) is due to it being a more physically intensive macho man role. While most women prefer more passive, less strenuous, and less dirty jobs, which also dont include guns.

kingfey

Banned
Wow. What a take on military enrolment.

And here I thought the reason why military jobs (especially front line gunslingers) is due to it being a more physically intensive macho man role. While most women prefer more passive, less strenuous, and less dirty jobs, which also dont include guns.
All these are just stereotypes. Not to mention, the feminist movements discredits women's involvement in the army.

Also women do dirty jobs. This is just 1st world country view. Outside of 1st world countries, most women do dirty jobs. They don't care about those shits.

1st world countries do live in blissful life.

Top Bottom