• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Babylon's Fall Demo for PS4/PS5 out now

Y0ssarian

Banned

I didn't realise this game was releasing so soon (3/3/2022).

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Looks interesting, It supports single player right?
"During E3 2021, Square Enix revealed that Babylon’s Fall will be a four-player hack-and-slash RPG. It can be played solo. However, some aspects of the game, particularly dungeons, are better suited to full parties."

VN1X

Banned
Hmm weird, I actually think this latest trailer makes the game a lot more interesting/fun than from what I've seen previously.

Might actually be decent?

Y0ssarian

Banned
Hmm weird, I actually think this latest trailer makes the game a lot more interesting/fun than from what I've seen previously.

Might actually be decent?
I didn't know about the game coming soon til tonight. I'll jump on the demo tomorrow. It's PlatinumGames, should be good

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Game seems really old gen...
And it doesn't help that i hear

:messenger_musical: Spaceman... I always wanted you to go... :messenger_musical:

everytime i see that goddam title :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Now share my pain :

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Looking forward to reading some impressions!

Also Arekz just uploaded a gameplay vid as well:

I want this game to be good. Biblical-themed ARPG from Platinum Games where you form parties and run through dungeons together. It sounds really fun on paper.

But I can’t deny that video looked kind of stupid. That intro was so corny and it sounds like you’ll have those annoying twats yapping on your radio (sorry, “Gideon coffin”) the entire time. And you have these floating weapons taking up like 1/3 of the screen during exploration.

Got a bad feeling about this one. Hope it proves me wrong.

Sleepwalker

Im Out GIF

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Just an fyi for those talking about the weapons taking a bunch of screen space, I totally agree…however, there is an option to move the camera back from the character to where you don’t even notice. They still need to get rid of that though lol

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If you want a laugh, check out the price of the digital deluxe edition on the store....

Good luck fellas... you're going to need it!

llLeonhart

Gold Member
Had the digital deluxe edition preordered on PS5 for this.

Thank god the demo came out before release, Immediately after playing for about an hour I've contacted sony and requested a refund.

Gameplay is fun, everything else is awful.

But the breaking point for me was that stupid BattlePass and daily reward for login, I'm not looking for that kind of game atm.

Also, the painting effect is nausea inducing. Hopefully you can turn it off.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
"During E3 2021, Square Enix revealed that Babylon’s Fall will be a four-player hack-and-slash RPG. It can be played solo. However, some aspects of the game, particularly dungeons, are better suited to full parties."

Interesting. Can it be played offline?

Yamisan

This feels like it might be the first game they ever made and waited to release it now for some reason...

Pantz

Got the demo but couldn't log in to Square Enix account. I can on the website but not the game. Says incorrect ID/Password.
If I try to type my email for the ID it gets to gmail then if you type a . it backspaces on it's own to "gma" and won't let you type in gmail no matter what.
Wanted to give it a chance, the music sounds good. They won't let me though.

They want 70 for this im starting to not like Square Enix more & more FF16 better be a all time great FF Game or they are dead to me

Combat in this game are more fun than Horizon and Elden Ring together, also the animations are miles ahead...
Graphics isn't good, but for a guy like me who doesn't care about this, well its a win win.

BUT those things about daily loots and etc is what decide me to NOT buy this game.
Sorry Platinum, first game you won't get my money, and please be yourselves, don't try to "Westernize" your games.

Hellmaker

Combat in this game are more fun than Horizon and Elden Ring together, also the animations are miles ahead...
Graphics isn't good, but for a guy like me who doesn't care about this, well its a win win.

BUT those things about daily loots and etc is what decide me to NOT buy this game.
Sorry Platinum, first game you won't get my money, and please be yourselves, don't try to "Westernize" your games.
How can you even say that? I get it, there's personal taste and all, but don't make me laugh with remarks like that...

How can you even say that? I get it, there's personal taste and all, but don't make me laugh with remarks like that...
I don't care how much u laugh...

I gonna tell you what makes me laugh: No arguments. I just said that for me the game is more fun and the animations are better (and more fluid) imo.

You have 3 options now;

-Accept my water
-Deny my water with arguments
-Cry.

Yeah, you cried.

Top Bottom