• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Babylon's Fall Demo for PS4/PS5 out now

Hellmaker

I don't care how much u laugh...

I gonna tell you what makes me laugh: No arguments. I just said that for me the game is more fun and the animations are better (and more fluid) imo.

You have 3 options now;

-Accept my water
-Deny my water with arguments
-Cry.

Yeah, you cried.
I feel like you are going to cry if you decide to buy this game.
The animations are not fluid, they are clunky and feel unfinished.
The combat is basic, the enemies are boring cliche monsters.
The chosen art style is bad, the game looks washed out with bad textures (perhaps with intent).
And those floating wepons behind your back? Just no comment.
Voice acting sounds low budget, everything feels low budget, but the price for the game is 70eur. I mean I like a janky so called bad games many times, but this is on another level of lame. Just my opinion please don't feel insulted because of it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
How can you even say that? I get it, there's personal taste and all, but don't make me laugh with remarks like that...souls and
My guess is his much more in to fast action combat similar to DMC or Bayonetta rather than slower ones like Souls and Monster Hunter games.

wvnative

I can't even try it because I have no idea how to log in to the square enix account. It was automatic for me in their other games like the avengers. so I did the password reset option. But the e-mail didn't contain the authorization code it said it would, just links to manage my account on the website, which requires the login info I don't have.

Firefox has automatically logged me in to the website on my PC, but I can't do anything. It asks for a birthday, but says it's invalid. I have no idea if this is the same account I use in their other games or not. Would make a new one but worried that might create more issues.

What a mess of an account system.

Boss Mog

How can you even say that? I get it, there's personal taste and all, but don't make me laugh with remarks like that...
I can't speak for this game because i haven't tried it but I definitely prefer the combat in Nier Automata or Bayonetta to that of HFW or Elden Ring. i just prefer the super fast, fluid and responsive combat.

Astral Dog

i have almost zero interest on this game, but i wonder how the combat will turn out, Platinum Games are godly when it comes to action controls. releasing this just between Elden Ring and Final Fantasy Origins is a very strange move by Square Enix, both developers are desperate for another FFXIV like hit.

And i mean, Babylon's Fall doesn't 'look' like either a Square Enix game or Platinum's

Last edited:

Aion002

I can't even try it because I have no idea how to log in to the square enix account. It was automatic for me in their other games like the avengers. so I did the password reset option. But the e-mail didn't contain the authorization code it said it would, just links to manage my account on the website, which requires the login info I don't have.

Firefox has automatically logged me in to the website on my PC, but I can't do anything. It asks for a birthday, but says it's invalid. I have no idea if this is the same account I use in their other games or not. Would make a new one but worried that might create more issues.

What a mess of an account system.
Wow... That's good to know, thanks!

Any interest that I had on this game just disappeared.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Hellmaker

My guess is his much more in to fast action combat similar to DMC or Bayonetta rather than slower ones like Souls and Monster Hunter games.
I wouldn't say anything for comparing gameplay, but quality?
I can't speak for this game because i haven't tried it but I definitely prefer the combat in Nier Automata or Bayonetta to that of HFW or Elden Ring. i just prefer the super fast, fluid and responsive combat.
I get that I am aiming at the quality of this game...

Y0ssarian

Banned
I actually kinda like it bros. The combat is fun. The tutorial looks like absolute dogshit. Stick with the game until you get actual quests.

I actually kinda like it bros. The combat is fun. The tutorial looks like absolute dogshit. Stick with the game until you get actual quests.

I'm hoping, against all odds, that the full game turns out to be good. The complaints I see here remind me of the complaints about the original Nier...messy graphics/art style, basic combat, subpar animations, low budget feel, etc. Yet, despite all of the criticisms, somehow someway, Nier had enough behind the rough exterior to hook an audience large enough to bank an amazing, best selling sequel.

That's why Platinum had been silent about this for a while. This game is so bland for their standards, even gameplay and monster's design, which are generally their song suit. Hard pass boys, this game should never have seen the light of day the way it's shipping.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I'm hoping, against all odds, that the full game turns out to be good. The complaints I see here remind me of the complaints about the original Nier...messy graphics/art style, basic combat, subpar animations, low budget feel, etc. Yet, despite all of the criticisms, somehow someway, Nier had enough behind the rough exterior to hook an audience large enough to bank an amazing, best selling sequel.
Nier is a fair comparison

I feel like you are going to cry if you decide to buy this game.
The animations are not fluid, they are clunky and feel unfinished.
The combat is basic, the enemies are boring cliche monsters.
The chosen art style is bad, the game looks washed out with bad textures (perhaps with intent).
And those floating wepons behind your back? Just no comment.
Voice acting sounds low budget, everything feels low budget, but the price for the game is 70eur. I mean I like a janky so called bad games many times, but this is on another level of lame. Just my opinion please don't feel insulted because of it.

Floating weapons is design. Same as the super horse jumping in ER. No comment also.

Animations unfinished ? Wow and still more fluid than ER! Imagine finished! And yes the game graphics isn't good, i said that.

But that's fine, you was triggered about my post...

sazzy

Tried to play the demo.

Game asked me to login to my Square Enix account. Didn't think I had one.

Tried to create a new one. Game said email already in use.

Password reset.

Make up new password.

Game says enter security answer to reset password.

All of this while on a PS5 controller.

Deleted and never looking back.

Hellmaker

Floating weapons is design. Same as the super horse jumping in ER. No comment also.

Animations unfinished ? Wow and still more fluid than ER! Imagine finished! And yes the game graphics isn't good, i said that.

But that's fine, you was triggered about my post...
I wasn't trigerred, it just scrambled my brain how you can compare it to games that are leagues ahead.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think you guys are being overly harsh. The game is horribly overpriced and is not going to do well, BUT, having watched the video there are a bunch of things I quite like about it. The oil-painting look is at least an interesting idea stylistically, and one that might stand up better on an actual screen as I suspect YT compression is not doing it any favours. On the other hand all the UI stuff and the transitions are really nice, and slickly implemented. Visually it doesn't seem that bad for a PS4 title, especially one that presumably is also targetting 60fps, well... mostly >30fps anyway!

The floaty weapons do look kinda goofy but, in the context of a multiplayer online game I can see the benefit of being able to see your team-mates loadout at a glance, especially as I seem to recall a big part of the idea is that you need a properly balanced party to do well.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Couldn't even play it, fucking Square Enix account shit.

Edit: I do have a SE account but it wouldn't log me in and I've requested a password reset which I'm still waiting on 😳

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member
If you had trouble logging in like me, you need a "Square-Enix Account" (Used for FFXIV and now Babylon's Fall), this is different from a "Square-Enix Members Account"

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
I think you guys are being overly harsh.
Correct. Probably haven't even played it.

I beat the first four missions today. I chose the first faction available, the quick dps class. The game is fun and the demo is actually a fairly decent size. I've tested weapons and I strongly prefer the sword, with the bow I got from the 4th mission boss on L2 and a hammer on R2. I liked the mission variety eg. The stage with wind blowing you along. And the scenery past the tutorial is great. One thing that is kind of disappointing is the story, I'll still take it over Anthem's though!

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It just baffles me that they'd try such a high price-point. I mean $15-$20 and it'd have have a chance, and no doubt they could pull more back with mtx and expansions.

As it stands, fucking hell, talk about been sent out to die... Price and release timing are just horrible. I genuinely feel bad for the guys working on it because they have to know that most people are not going to give it a chance.

What a garbage game lol.

season 1 friends GIF

Good definition of blind people hyped just because of metacritic. Majority not even played the game.

The other game is like: let me call this "masterpiece" to validate my new toy!

I know, you know, we know how the things work... ;)

Last edited:
Tried to play the demo.

Game asked me to login to my Square Enix account. Didn't think I had one.

Tried to create a new one. Game said email already in use.

Password reset.

Make up new password.

Game says enter security answer to reset password.

All of this while on a PS5 controller.

Deleted and never looking back.
Same. Couldn't even try the game.

HarryKS

Their verification code does not even work for the account check.

Who in their right mind thought this was a sensible decision?

Mr.ODST

Ok tried it for 4 hours yesterday.

- Gameplay is okayish just another diablo / destiny clone
- Why do the weapons that float from your b ack take up 1/3 of the screen its seriously putting me off
- Graphics are Aids
- Rince Repeat Gameplay

100% dead in the first 2 months

Labolas

- Why do the weapons that float from your b ack take up 1/3 of the screen its seriously putting me off
- Graphics are Aids
- Rince Repeat Gameplay

Lol how is this a destiny and daiblo clone? What a weird ass comparison.

VN1X

Banned

- Graphics are Aids
- Rince Repeat Gameplay

"Graphics are Aids" Truly remarkable insight.

The fuck has become of NeoGAF...

I knew the dead silence from Platinum didn't inspire confidence. They were literally clueless about what to do with this game, and they have the audacity to tell us that they want to branch out to new genres and not only be known for their action games portfolio... Idk about that chief.

Top Bottom