• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Babylon's Fall has surpassed Godfall for the worst reviewed PlayStation 5 exclusive so far.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Babylon's Fall has surpassed Godfall for the worst reviewed PlayStation 5 exclusive so far.

Babylon's Fall situation is sad, the game barely hit 2000 concurrent players on Steam (only 675 now), that's why the game was released days ago, with a high price, pushing players away even further.

A few days ago, the game received its official ratings and was literally put to shame. As of this writing, Babylon's Fall has a Metascore of 41 and a User Score of 2.4. On Opencritic the situation is the same.

In the wake of these criticisms, Babylon's Fall became the lowest-rated console exclusive of all time, taking the place of Godfall, another PS5 console exclusive that failed beautifully. Several reviews of the game report that it was born 'dead'. With this huge failure, it's only a matter of time before the game becomes free-to-play or comes to a subscription service.

068480.png

The good thing is sony doesn’t rely on these games to sell their consoles. They did absolutely no marketing for this game, it wasn’t in any SoP or Blog postings.

Its been Sifu, Elden Ring, GT7, and Horizon on the playstation new feed for the past month

They were probably aware the game is a rotten jar of cock muck

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I dont know how a studio manages to make such a shitty game. Like do you not see its shit before its released? Platnium should be abolished. They have no clue what quality is.

Last edited:

Doom85

And there is people suggesting Platinum should be acquired by someone else... Do they even have more hits than misses and cancelled projects?

Sales or reception wise? Reception wise, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Wonderful 101, Astral Chain, Metal Gear Rising, Madworld, Vanquish, and Transformers. Honestly, Korra should be there as well, people were way to harsh towards a game that was sold as a cheaper title yet people acted like it was a full $60 game.

But I swear I’m alone on Gaf in not wanting Platinum to burn. I think they make great titles, but I swear the Scalebound cancellation (oh no, Microsoft who just showed how deep their pockets are lost a TINY amount of money, dear god!) and now this have made people break out the torches and pitchforks insanely fast. Geezus, I didn’t call for all of Capcom to burn just because they made Resident Evil 6. Even great teams/companies have a few fuck-ups.

What's with Square and these wierd low budget garbo games?

Quiet Man
Left Alive
Balan Wonderland

Now this
I'm glad they try AA games honestly.

Even this game would probably have a small audience if it wasn't a GAAS game with a SQEX account log-in. Just make an action game.

Strangers in Paradise will hopefully review better. One of the main things I wanted is to see Team Ninja branch out and work on other publishers' IP.

Indeed, but the market can't feed so many GAAS.
Competing in a saturated segment of the market, is an almost sure way to lose.
Same thing happened to MMOs. Everyone rushes to try it out, and then most of them fail. Move on to the next shiny object.

Astral Dog

Sales or reception wise? Reception wise, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Wonderful 101, Astral Chain, Metal Gear Rising, Madworld, Vanquish, and Transformers. Honestly, Korra should be there as well, people were way to harsh towards a game that was sold as a cheaper title yet people acted like it was a full $60 game.

But I swear I’m alone on Gaf in not wanting Platinum to burn. I think they make great titles, but I swear the Scalebound cancellation (oh no, Microsoft who just showed how deep their pockets are lost a TINY amount of money, dear god!) and now this have made people break out the torches and pitchforks insanely fast. Geezus, I didn’t call for all of Capcom to burn just because they made Resident Evil 6. Even great teams/companies have a few fuck-ups.
Platinum's quality depends entirely on what kind of design they are making (and sometimes their resources allowed) like you said Square, Capcom, SEGA have fucked up as well. Babylon's Fall was always a big question mark, but every game Kamiya has been involved is quality, as well as most of their traditional action games.

Platinum places their brand on everything they can. Its not the company brand thats valuable, But anything Nier, Bayonetta or Astral Chain should be safely assumed to turn out good

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Indeed, but the market can't feed so many GAAS.
Competing in a saturated segment of the market, is an almost sure way to lose.

If the product is good people will play it. LOST ARK just released into that market and is doing pretty well. Babylon's Fall has the misfortune of being: full priced, under-advertised and, from user reviews, offering a pretty boring gameplay loop in the first few hours. GaaS or not, you aren't going to be successful with those headwinds.

winjer

Gold Member
If the product is good people will play it. LOST ARK just released into that market and is doing pretty well. Babylon's Fall has the misfortune of being: full priced, under-advertised and, from user reviews, offering a pretty boring gameplay loop in the first few hours. GaaS or not, you aren't going to be successful with those headwinds.

True. But it' either a great game or it fails.
And it also needs a good pr campaign.

For every gaas that succeedes there is going to be a handful that fails.

Top Bottom