• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Babylon's Fall is releasing one day before Gran Turismo 7, do you care about it?

What do you think?

• Will buy

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Will not buy

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • Depends on critical reception

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Needs 80+ on meta to even consider

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • I suspect the biggest flop of 2022

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Releasing close to Elden Ring, Horizon and GT7 is gonna wreck it's chances

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • I think it might surprise some people

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters

Bragr

Banned
In an ironic twisted terrible sort of way, it's almost fitting that Babylon's Fall is most likely about to get drowned out by Horizon, Elden Ring, and Gran Turismo.

After Nier: Automata in 2017, the 2018 reveal of Babylon's Fall hinted at the next big PlatinumGames title. After 3 years in development hell, the game re-emerged as a co-op service-as-a-game hack and slasher that frankly looks.....not great.

It's directed by the guy who directed Metal Gear Revengeance and is supposed to be the next great Platinum title, yet it looks like it might be the game that destroy the company. It has the worst possible release date you can have, might be the worst release date of the entire year for any game. It comes off as a desperate attempt from Platinum to raise some cash from the GAAS model rather than the next great Platinum single-player action-adventure.

Is anyone here planning to buy?

babylonsfall_3496893b.jpg

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
AREKZZGAMING had a video showcasing the game with no commentary; I'm convinced it was because he didn't want to shit all over it.

I'm not opposed to GaaS games (LET IT DIE is fantastically GaaS'd up), but this just does not look good.

tommib

Don’t know what this is and don’t care. It’s missing that as an option.

More like Babylon FAIL!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Looking at some gameplay footage, it's a visually incoherent mess. The giant floating weapons take up non-trivial screen real estate and I immediately don't care about what's happening as the player slashes the room full of identical damage sponge enemies.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Never heard of it, but it doesn't exactly compete with Gt7, given they are two different genres.

I'm not interested in GT7. But this is also coming out very close to FF: Stranger in Paradise, and I think I'm going to have to get that game. Can't leave Team Ninja out there without having their back.

What little I've seen of Babylon's Fall honestly looks like it will play similarly to FFXVI. Another DMC-ish game with some weird magical weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if it's fine. But the visual style is not great, and the GAAS genre is not something I want to gamble on. I could see myself picking this up when it hits Balon's Wonderworld pricing.

Bragr

Banned
Never heard of it, but it doesn't exactly compete with Gt7, given they are two different genres.
Yeah, but it will barely be covered or streamed as everyone will be occupied with other games. And people usually don't buy 4-5 big new games a month, meaning a game like this will be pushed aside by every possible metric.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yeah, but it will barely be covered or streamed as everyone will be occupied with other games. And people usually don't buy 4-5 big new games a month, meaning a game like this will be pushed aside by every possible metric.
Probably wouldn't have been covered properly anyway.

Arthimura

I'm going to wait for some trusted reviews.

But I'm going to be busy playing Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7 when this game launches.

And after some weeks there will be Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins, which I really enjoyed by playing the demo and it looks much better than Babylon's Fall.

I'm going to wait for some trusted reviews.

But I'm going to be busy playing Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7 when this game launches.

And after some weeks there will be Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins, which I really enjoyed by playing the demo and it looks much better than Babylon's Fall.
And Kirby.

Esca

Talk about sending your game out to die. Way to many games coming out these two months that I can bother with this. Maybe if it had good word of mouth ill look into it.
Horizon, elden ring, gt7, and tiny Tina will keep me busy for some time.

bender

What time is it?
i always get this confused with the Square/Enix Dark Souls game. Maybe I should work on getting it confused with God Fall. I love that there is a $99.99 Digital Deluxe version of this.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Game looks horrible and Platinum is clearly trying to sell themselves to the highest bidder.

In the best case scenario this game might be one of those thats surprisingly fun, so I def. check out the demo. It looks like a budget game thats fully priced, Square being Square.

There's a demo on February 25th. I will try that and then see if I get the game. I feel sad for Platinum really 😔
Nice, I'll try that. They need something to win people over.

I don't think the game will be as much of a disaster as people expect. It'll just be medicore, going up against multiple superior games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m not getting both of them because I’m not in to live service game or racing simulation.

Buggy Loop

Imagine if Square Enix was disappointed by Guardian of the galaxy sales… this might be the game that breaks Platinum games and they become some hobo in the streets offering blow jobs for a dollar. What a downfall they’ve had.

Quezacolt

I dont care about either.
one is a live service game, and the other has online drm for the campaign (you can only save if there's online connection)

Fbh

Even as a fan of Platinum it always looked pretty bad, then when they announced it's a GaaS they killed what little interest I might have had in the game.
Hearing people like Ben Moore from Easy Allies (who usually loves Platinum and everything japan) calling the beta a "literal 2/10" didn't help either.

Reallink

The beta was structurally a reimagined PSO with strong combat for the genre and a very addictive loot dopamine drip. My concern is what percentage of the game the beta represented, and how varied the environments/enemies/character progression (weapons, abilities, spells, etc...) will be in the full retail package. The graphics on PS5 were serviceable and typical mid-tier Japanese fare. They removed most of the blurry water painting filter in the OP's image and it looks pretty close to Monster Hunter World.

Last edited:
Top Bottom