• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back 4 Blood |OT| Shouldn't this game be Left 4 Dead?

Kev Kev

VQdwWIK.jpg

fgtgwcuvmwi61.jpg

Fv7hoZx.jpg

l2BbIrt.jpg

Nhtgho8.jpg

NUtZ0mS.jpg

2nFGdL6.jpg

back4blood-1634142918818.jpg

fEXAor6.jpg

YxADkBd.jpg

QO8qG06.jpg

back-4-blood-give-ammo-copper-items.jpg

Back-4-Blood-best-vendor-weapons-attachments-items-upgrades-.jpg

Back-4-Blood-best-vendor-weapons-attachments-items-upgrades-1a.jpg

A8Lx8uS.jpg

dff002c33657f777743cff01c80acb4719aa54b2.gifv
EducatedJovialKillifish.webp

0zKUznW.jpg

Back_4_Blood_-_Beta.00_37_13_23.Still002.jpg

featured-back-4-blood-how-to-open-locked-doors.jpg

back-4-blood-ammo.jpg

cuV1G3c.jpg

5471520e3480d3b4c9b0fb18e881a6ef-13000000-1628293913.00_04_02_09.Still015.jpg

maP3y96.jpg

Back+4+Blood+4.gif

3dRGAaK.jpg

zLp5MT4.jpg

yseNgwF.jpg

***UPDATE***

Single player offline mode with progression has been added! Check the
December 2021 patch notes directly from Turtlerock Studios for details.
b1c86b6269c6fca878d1df27872a4f6e64664093.gifv

fEXAor6.jpg

4ZVBx00.jpg

RzJGdvj.jpg

3dRGAaK.jpg

525HxV7.jpg

sOa3op8.jpg

fEXAor6.jpg

xkf0I78.jpg

Back-4-Blood-All-Characters.jpg

py34p2p.jpg

J2g9bO9.png

qFiNBbK.jpg

GxaSUhF.jpg

WrTQgQ7.png

3HA7qT8.jpg

wZ74zCg.jpg

MHOhJ1D.png

QIjmWri.jpg

IufrtFU.jpg

k1VxEZc.png

QTp45hO.jpg

eFZ1dR9.jpg

wTX6kdp.png

moiWqIE.jpg

zbYRhj8.jpg

6v9o1Pc.png

MiMvaIi.jpg

uIhVZlr.jpg

pHW51sO.png

QqQ1RrQ.jpg

G03vDCM.jpg

vG28AUq.png

KNfheGt.jpg

I8CN8Ua.jpg

Thanks Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights , I went ahead and whipped something up this morning. I may edit or add more to this later*, but for now, that's it! Never done an OT before so it's a little vanilla, but I think it covers most of the important bits.

*Edit: I went back, did a little shopping/editing and tried to make it NeoGAF |OT| worthy, I hope it's up to snuff now! In the future I will put more time and effort into it. This became a sort of surprise OT project for me over the last few days, but I'm pretty happy with the results :D

If anyone wants to add anything just let me know and I will be happy to edit it in.

Enjoy!

UPDATES/DEVELOPER PATCH NOTES

November 2021 Update
December 2021 Update
June 2022 Update

Last edited:
Got about two hours of play last night with a few friends. We played the beta and the finished product is much more polished than the beta. Looks great and plays great on the Series X. Gonna use my four days off of work to grind it out. The card system plays a huge role in the game and I feel like starting that normal.diifficulty and building your deck through the difficulties is the way to go.

ViolentP

Been playing pretty consistently the last 2 days and it's Left 4 Dead 3 with some additions. I didn't realize how much I had missed the franchise until I started this and am looking forward to full release to get more games going.

I have heard it is not very good. They didn't capture the magic they had with Left 4 Dead.

The magic of L4D for me was playing with friends. Now that this will release, we'll see if the magic is indeed there.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Been playing pretty consistently the last 2 days and it's Left 4 Dead 3 with some additions. I didn't realize how much I had missed the franchise until I started this and am looking forward to full release to get more games going.

The magic of L4D for me was playing with friends. Now that this will release, we'll see if the magic is indeed there.
Nice to know someone has friends.

Nice to know someone has friends.
All mine died of AIDS. I'd have to play with randoms.

FYI, Xbox has a pretty handy group feature where you can post written descriptions of your group request and leave it up for people to join. I did it on the Ascent and it was actually a pretty nice experience. Straight up said I was just trying to get an achievement and had no mic, and someone jumped on that was totally helpful and we knocked it out.

Bartski

Gold Member

76/79/75

I'll check it out tonight

Last edited:

Schmick

Got to play a little during my lunch break. So really not a lot. But of what I played I liked it. And when I get to play coop with my friends I'm sure we'll all really enjoy it.

I'm actually quite excited about the implementation of AMD FSR. I have a 1070GTX so its the first time I've been able to use DLSS type tech. I had it at 1440p at high settings and it ran butter smooth. I'll have a look into the settings later and maybe try ultra.

76/79/75

I'll check it out tonight
userz1ke7.png

User ratings are as useful as ever :messenger_beaming:

It's an 80 on Opencritic, so it's gonna be a banger when played with friends. Gonna play later in the evening.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
userz1ke7.png

It's an 80 on Opencritic, so it's gonna be a banger when played with friends. Gonna play later in the evening.

I literally just read this review and came back to post it, it really stands out as bloody stupid, I mean the games not what I would call "great" but a 0/10 compared to an action platformer on anouther console.... lol

Inviusx

Problem for me is I have 2 friends on Xbox that get it as part of gamepass and my other friend an I on PS5 who need to fork out $80AUD for the game. So we just aren't going to play it.....

Aion002

Just completed the first act.

It's ok I guess. Playing on normal it felt that I always had too little ammo and that the special monsters are just not fun to fight.

However, I liked the pvp a lot.

Also, it played great on the Series S at 1080p.

I think we will both be switching to Series X in the near future and trading in our PS5s. Impossible to convince an Xbox player to come to PS5 when they have Gamepass and I cant blame them.
I have both and wouldn't have it any other way. But yeah, GP is a force of nature. I just know that once PS5 picks up then you may regret it, if you can afford both. I know that's a big investment though for sure.

Winter John

I played it with a group and had a blast. Then I tried it with randoms and it was a different story. The first match had some asshat shooting the team so I jumped out. The 2nd was some asshat blasting his music. Jumped out of that. Then I got lucky and joined a match with guys chatting on their mics and trying to do the levels. It’s a good game but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone depending on randoms

Xbox first, save a shitload of money with GP and buy a ~349 PS5 in 2023 for the cinematics or whatever. Problem solved.
Not likely to decrease in price with this crazy level of demand. Personally that's why I got the Series S. I couldn't stomach paying for two premium systems, but I'm sure the X is great if you have the money for it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
userz1ke7.png

Its really embarrassing.

mWjVVjU.jpg

Yikes.
User reviews are a joke and people on this very forum are gonna tell me the user reviews are MORE useful than the "paid shill" reviews.

Seems ok and better than the beta. Buggy though, I came across one of the Ogre style behemoth enemies and when I entered the tunnel on the 2nd or 3rd checkpoint the monster just stood there. I shot at it to reduce it to 0 health but it didn’t die and just reacted strangely.

I’ll give it a go with friends but I’ll drop it once I’ve given it a play through.

Yikes.
User reviews are a joke and people on this very forum are gonna tell me the user reviews are MORE useful than the "paid shill" reviews.
User reviews from verified owners where you can see how they got the game, their playtime as of writing the review, and whether or not they kept playing after the review, are indeed better than 'paid shill reviews'. Metacritic user reviews are none of those things, they're a public sh(i/ou)tbox.

cormack12

Gold Member
I actually wasn't sold on the beta but just spent 3 hours on it. Controls are still a bit weird on the consoles but it feels a bit better certainly.

Definitely scratches the same sort of itch but just not sure these games are going to have the same staying power as when l4d burst on the scene.

The cards will make it interesting

Kev Kev

I’m enjoying but the aiming just feels a little off on consoles. I remember feeling like this for the beta, but after a while I got used to it. Hopefully that will happen again

not sure what it is, it just doesn’t feel solid, and like there is there weird screen skip that happens once in a while, like the game just straight up drops some frames.

still not a fan of iron sights tho. I wish they would have dropped that completely

Hezekiah

Banned
It's a Game Pass one hit wonder. I just picked up a 3 months to play it!
Yeah worth playing on GamePass. Watching the Skill Up review, it does sound like there isn't a whole load of content a lot of people would want to play over and over. Also wonder if the PvP has improved.

Last edited:

splattered

I cancelled my preorder after the beta and put my money on Forza Horizon 5 Ultimate instead. Everyone kept saying it was trash and was going to bomb but looks like it's doing well so far... Maybe should have kept the preorder and bought FH5 as well haha why are people review bombing this game? It's on PlayStation 5 as well, that makes no damn sense.

Schmick

I cancelled my preorder after the beta and put my money on Forza Horizon 5 Ultimate instead. Everyone kept saying it was trash and was going to bomb but looks like it's doing well so far... Maybe should have kept the preorder and bought FH5 as well haha why are people review bombing this game? It's on PlayStation 5 as well, that makes no damn sense.
Gamepass is my saviour, sure I don't get FH5 UE with it ( I tend to purchase the UE at the end of the games life, like I did with FM7 at a bargain price). But I will at least get to play both games.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

I literally just read this review and came back to post it, it really stands out as bloody stupid, I mean the games not what I would call "great" but a 0/10 compared to an action platformer on anouther console.... lol
But PS5 is very better (!!!) How can you argue with that?

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I played it on Xbox Gamepass for PC last night. I ran into some game breaking stuttering at the beginning of the game. If you have this issue while playing, disable your mouse software.

I have a Razer Death Adder V2 and the polling rate on the mouse seems to be the issue. Disabling the Razer Cortex software fixed everything, played at 1440p 165 fps.

ok so i just played the intro mission after downloading it on my series x

the gunplay feels off somehow...is there something in the settings that is doing this or is this just how the game is going to be?

besides that, the game looks solid

Kev Kev

ok so i just played the intro mission after downloading it on my series x

the gunplay feels off somehow...is there something in the settings that is doing this or is this just how the game is going to be?

besides that, the game looks solid
no it feels weird t me too. messing with the sensitivity and "dead zones" helped a bit. im still messing around with it, but yeah something just feels off about the aiming (on consoles at least)

Top Bottom