• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back 4 Blood party leaders with DLC can share it with sqaud members for the play session

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.back4blood.com/en-gb/news/weve-got-your-back

IN PVE, IF YOUR PARTY LEADER OWNS A PAID CONTENT DROP, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THAT CONTENT WITH THEM — INCLUDING MAPS, GAMEPLAY AND CAMPAIGN.​

No separation. No exclusion. No split. Now, you might be thinking, “It’s cool you aren’t splitting the community, Turtle Rock, but if you’re selling content drops, how will PvP not be pay-to-win?”

IN PVP, EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT BACK 4 BLOOD CAN GET ACCESS TO ALL ADDITIONAL PVP CONTENT, EVEN WITHOUT PURCHASING CONTENT DROPS. PLAYERS WHO DON’T BUY THE CONTENT DROPS CAN EARN NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS AND RIDDEN IN PVP, FOR FREE, THROUGH PROGRESSION. ADDITIONALLY, ALL PVP PLAYERS HAVE ACCESS TO THE SAME CARDS AT THE START OF EACH MATCH, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THOSE PLAYERS HAVE PURCHASED CONTENT DROPS OR NOT.​

We hope this answers some of your questions about what we’re doing to make sure there is no pay-to-win or community separation. Right now we’re still fully focused on getting Back 4 Blood out the door, and we’ll provide more information on post-launch content later on.

Its only good if the content is worth purchasing. This a full priced game, it better come with a lot of maps and not just some 4 levels and everything else paid. Still at least those with friends cand split their cash to one dude and they all can play I guess.

Rossco EZ

i have three early access codes if anyone is wanting to play, pm me if you’d like one :lollipop_raising_hand:

all codes are gone now.

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Fucking awesome. Super hyped. Looks like Crossplay will be enabled too -- I wonder if it'll do cross-progression too. I have Gamepass (so day 1 on xbox) -- but I also kinda wanna play on my PC/Laptop too.

Cannot wait to be done with done with work and play a few rounds.

Needlecrash

Fucking awesome. Super hyped. Looks like Crossplay will be enabled too -- I wonder if it'll do cross-progression too. I have Gamepass (so day 1 on xbox) -- but I also kinda wanna play on my PC/Laptop too.

Cannot wait to be done with done with work and play a few rounds.
It's gonna be on game pass?? SWEET!

jigglet

Banned
LMFAO I love how they try to frame this as a good thing. Pretty much every major franchise has moved away from DLC-exclusive maps now, including the bloodsucker COD franchise. The real irony of course is the backlash from their last game Evolve is likely what convinced Ubisoft to and Acti to make all DLC cosmetic-only in R6 Siege and Overwatch, which came out shortly after. I distinctly remember the interview with Ubi after Evolve came out and how they tried their best to distance their plans from the mess that was Evolve. I think Evolve was actually one of the biggest inflection points in the industry, their bullshit is what actually motivated some real change.

It shocks me after the Evolve backlash no lessons were learned. GG Turtlerock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom