• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back 4 Blood post-launch content support has ended

Draugoth

Gold Member
B4B-Content_02-02-23-1024x576.jpg

After three expansions, Back 4 Blood post-launch content support has come to an end as developer Turtle Rock Studios shifts its focus towards its next project, the studio said in a message published today:

“Turtle Rock Studios is actually pretty small for a studio making AAA games,” the message reads. “We don’t have quite enough folks to continue working on Back 4 Blood content while we spin up another game—yes, another game! Given this, it’s time for us to put our heads down, get back in the lab, and get to work on the next big thing.”
Get the full message below:

Greetings, Cleaners!
What an amazing year 2022 was for us. First off, we wanted to thank all of you for making Back 4 Blood what it is today. With three expansions—“Tunnels of Terror,” “Children of the Worm,” and “River of Blood”—we’ve traveled on a fantastic adventure together beyond the walls of Fort Hope. This phase of our war against the Ridden now comes to a close.
Turtle Rock Studios is actually pretty small for a studio making AAA games. We don’t have quite enough folks to continue working on Back 4 Blood content while we spin up another game—yes, another game! Given this, it’s time for us to put our heads down, get back in the lab, and get to work on the next big thing.
Intrepid Cleaners, this is not a goodbye.
Back 4 Blood will continue to operate, of course. In fact, Back 4 Blood is currently offered on PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium tiers and available as part of Xbox Game Pass. You’ll also still find us hanging out in the subreddit and on Discord, as well as our official Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and website because we love interacting with you and talking about our games.
While we may be a bit quieter in the short-term, we promise that we’ll be Back, bigger, bolder and better than ever!
With much love and gratitude,
Turtle Rock Studios

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I enjoyed the game for what it was, but I'd like them to try something new; maybe not entirely out of this co-op genre, but they have to stop chasing past glory: fans aren't going to let them and their previous effort was clearly lightning in a bottle.

Kacho

Gold Member
Damn that was fast. This and Darktide face planted hard. Devs should try other experiences for a change. Don't think many people are clamoring for another L4D clone.

This game was actually fun, just needed some polish. Biggest problem I had was the mission structure. For example, one mission will have around 5 levels while another one will have close to 10 (been a while since I played).

dorkimoe

Like I said in the redfall thread. These coop shooters need to die. I booted this game up like 4 days after launch and couldn’t actually play the levels in order because everyone had already flown threw the first 3 levels. I had to keep replaying the first mission because nobody was on the one I needed.

Ribi

That feeling when Evolve is getting longer support than b4b.

Guess that means we'll never get a proper versus mode

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
World War Z just released the free current gen upgrade. Haven't tried it yet but I think they added content too.

The problem I have with War Z is that the grind is absolutelly excruciating and balancing is very questionable.

geary

The game had support for couple of years. If they dont release new content, its dead game, if they release why dont they focus on next project….WTF gamers want.

ACESHIGH

Banned
This is what I don't get from devs and publishers. L4D2 has everything this game offers but better graphics. Is the better game, can run on a toaster and is dirt cheap. Why would you buy Back 4 Blood in droves? These guys need to start seeing old releases as competition and come up with new ideas.

There are games that as soon as you see them, you know that they are bound to fail. This is one of them. Sadly I think the same thing will happen to Redfall. There are certain genres that are saturated and its getting tough as nails to compete. Look at all those F2P games that last 6 months to a year.

Fake

What people say?

'The future is now old man.'

I wish Valve put L4D2 into consoles again.

gothmog

Gold Member
Can't wait to see how they fuck up the next game. Their game design is decent, but they always put some layer of crap on top of it that turns off a large portion of their player base.

bender

What time is it?
Probably the nature of funding but Turtle Rock always seems too focused on monetization of content roadmaps rather than the quality of the base game.

Top Bottom