• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back 4 Blood - "Tunnels of Terror" Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

They call it the Tunnels of Terror… you’re not afraid are you?

On April 12, 2022, Back 4 Blood brings you Tunnels of Terror. Tunnels of Terror features the all-new PvE areas “Ridden Hives”, along with 2 new playable Cleaners, 7 new Legendary Weapons, 12 weapon skins, new cards, 8 premium skins, and the fearsome Warped Ridden to discover below the depths of Evansburgh. The expansion will coincide with the release of the No Hope difficulty, a free update adding an extra level of challenge for elite players.

Please note, all playable content included in the Tunnels of Terror expansion will be accessible by all players in a party as long as one player in that party has purchased the expansion.

Available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PC.

llLeonhart

Gold Member
Does anyone still play this? I can't imagine many people went beyond a week or so. This DLC looks like pretty much more of the same.

Fake

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Omali

Stopped playing this because the AI are dumb as shit and make solo'ing hard even on the easiest difficulty, and pugging was a frustrating endeavor of always getting in a lobby with at least one person who immediately goes AFK and another who just tries to sprint through the level and gets killed first. Left 4 Dead's AI was functional and Vermintide 2's I think is the most useful.

jaysius

Banned
The moment I heard this is nothing like Left 4 Dead I lost all interest.
Is this even fun? Reviews reveal its buggy and just poor execution.
Yea, I swear these developers are gaming dyslexic, it's like they didn't begin to comprehend what made L4D fun. They fuck up all the simple elements of L4D franchise and shoehorned awful bullshit like cards into Back4Blood.

MiguelItUp

The game is a husk of L4D in every sense of the word. In SO many different ways. It feels like the most shallow and passionless wannabe L4D.

I loved L4D SO much that I preordered this because I bought into the hype. After this, I don't think I'll be preordering anymore Turtle Rock titles. I completed the campaign, but MAN was it a struggle, and I had absolutely ZERO desire to replay it in anyway. Whereas with L4D 1 and 2 I replayed them SO much.

Edit: I was really looking forward to this game, and did my best to look at it as their approach to L4D, which is what they called it. But really, it felt like a shallow and passionless cash grab.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nightmare difficulty is friggin painful, especially after they half-assed the last patch and changed alarm door operation but forgot to add the card to workaround it...

We're still playing but... this needs to be good or else I sense a defection to Evil Dead is imminent.

As someone who enjoyed it and finished it on hard with friends pre nerf, i dont think ill ever return to it at least not this year. Maybe in 2 years i dunno. Depends on how much stuff they add. So far its eh.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Back 4 Blood introduced a new expansion Tunnels of Terror. This features all-new PVE areas of Ridden Hives with two new Cleaners: Sharice and Heng. There are new Legendary weapons, 12 new weapon skins, new cards, 8 premium skins, and new warped ridden to run into in the Tunnels of Terror. There's a whole new series of mutated horrors that await you in the underground of Evansburgh and each run through is different in what you may come across. With new mutation cards and new lairs to uncover, Towers of Terror brings in fresh new content for Back 4 Blood. Watch a 20 minute run through of one of the Ridden Hives here.

Bridges

Huge L4D fan here. The game is fine as it's own thing, some of the new features like the card system are actually really cool. If you come into it expecting L4D3 though, you're gonna be disappointed.

When it comes to level design, atmosphere, animation, storytelling, characters, dialogue, enemy design, enemy variety, single player content, replayability, cooperative opportunities, music, sound design, difficulty scaling, PvP modes and environmental interactivity the game is a big step backwards, but it's a fun time in co-op and there are some good memorable moments a few times throughout the campaign like defending the jukebox at the bar.

I played it through Game Pass but had planned on buying it. Admittedly I probably would be way more down on it had I dropped the money for it. Even when I was having a great time, I couldn't help but feel I'd have more fun if I just went back and replayed L4D2 again.

yamaci17

i cant take this game serious with its plastic, toy-like image quality (

lighting, textures, shading... there's something so wrong about it. i've played it, finished it two times, mind you. there was simply no satisfaction killing zombies. even their death animation looks like plastic splattering or something.

Found this game incredibly boring, only thing that can slightly save this game is a 4v4 versus campaign but they wont do it because there ignorance

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its a solid update that has freshened the game pretty good.

On the surface the changes seem a bit insubstantial but it feels quite distinctly different due to the changes in overall balancing. I like how the 6 new maps are basically buried in the pre-existing campaign because the way it works is it allows optional early exits to levels, adding additional risk/reward for your team.

If you didn't like the game before, its not going to change your mind. But if you were having fun with it, its pretty nice.

If you are primarily single-player orientated, I wouldn't recommend it still however.

Top Bottom