• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Backlog Talk & Specific Recommendations

Y0ssarian

Banned
Hello, this is my first thread on Neogaf.

So I stole this idea from reddit. (I don't particularly like Reddit and want to migrate here)

Want to talk about your backlog? Not sure what to play next? Need to narrow down a list of games to play? Looking for a specific recommendations in a genre?

Share your issue here and let the community help you decide!' I'll go first.

I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn right now (love it) and I'd like to play a shorter action game next. Which of these should I play -

- inFamous Second Son
- The Last of Us Remastered
- MediEvil
- Ratchet & Clank (2016)

Cheers

Last edited:
I go through my backlog based on the length of time it will take me to beat a game and I don't buy new games or start new games until everything is done. So I save the longer games for last.

Suggestions:
  • inFamous Second Son has a decent story but I hated the gameplay and didn't enjoy it.
  • The PS5 version of TLOU is coming this year so maybe wait on that edition if you have or plan to get a PS5
  • Never played MediEvil
  • I would go with playing Ratchet & Clank (2016) next

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I have so many games I've purchased super cheap in sales that I need to play. Ace Combat 7, Contrast, Counterspy, Days Gone, Oddworld Soulstorm, Star Wars Squadrons...

It seems I like to buy games more than play them.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Thanks for the recs. I've decided once I wrap up Horizon I'll start Last of Us and Ratchet & Clack - they're both fairly short games.

kalecsan

Banned
This is my hell...

2EWHduL.png

dzLmvzq.png

But I'm happy because I started 2021 with 130 games or so.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I've beaten The Last of Us Remastered & Ratchet & Clank (2016). Is inFamous Second Son worth playing through? I just got the neon powers and I'm kinda not enjoying it. I wouldn't mind knocking it and First Light off my list

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Been pouring a lot of time into Project Zomboid but, since that's a game without any kind of ending, I wouldn't mind playing something else at the same time.

Some of the games in ny backlog I'm thinking about playing now are... Resonance of Fate, Ender Lilies and Binary Domain. You guys played any of those?

I've beaten The Last of Us Remastered & Ratchet & Clank (2016). Is inFamous Second Son worth playing through? I just got the neon powers and I'm kinda not enjoying it. I wouldn't mind knocking it and First Light off my list
Two games out already? Good job OP.

I didn't liked inFamous either. Visually it's very cool but the gameplay was kinda boring to me. No shame in knocking them out if you aren't having fun, since it's all about that. What would you be playing next?

Y0ssarian

Banned
Been pouring a lot of time into Project Zomboid but, since that's a game without any kind of ending, I wouldn't mind playing something else at the same time.

Some of the games in ny backlog I'm thinking about playing now are... Resonance of Fate, Ender Lilies and Binary Domain. You guys played any of those?

Two games out already? Good job OP.

I didn't liked inFamous either. Visually it's very cool but the gameplay was kinda boring to me. No shame in knocking them out if you aren't having fun, since it's all about that. What would you be playing next?
I played some of Resonance of Fate. The game struck me as pretty difficult with an interesting battle system. I was a bit confused at the beginning of the game as how to progress. It seemed cool though.

I'm finding Second Son boring as well. Also the story is pretty bad. It's a shame because I liked inFamous 1 on PS3. I would be playing Uncharted 4 instead

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I played some of Resonance of Fate. The game struck me as pretty difficult with an interesting battle system. I was a bit confused at the beginning of the game as how to progress. It seemed cool though.

I'm finding Second Son boring as well. Also the story is pretty bad. It's a shame because I liked inFamous 1 on PS3. I would be playing Uncharted 4 instead
I'm all in for cool and original battle systems, guess I'll go with Resonance of Fate then. :)

Yeah you really should be playing Uncharted 4! Game's kinda like a movie tho, specially those first few hours, but once things get going it's a really fun experience.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I'm all in for cool and original battle systems, guess I'll go with Resonance of Fate then. :)

Yeah you really should be playing Uncharted 4! Game's kinda like a movie tho, specially those first few hours, but once things get going it's a really fun experience.
I remember liking the characters of Resonance of Fate as well. Good luck!

Sweet. Ima drop the infamous games and start uncharted 4! Thank you

Top Bottom