• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ban request

ANIMAL1975

This is my ignore list
izY9Wov.jpg

That's right, I wear big boy pants!
You have a notification TGO

mods deleted my post for saying i wanted TLOUS remake on gamepass lol.
And then you patiently waited for a thread like this _ rumbling about deleted posts and injustices _ to stealth re-post it in the conversation. Brilliant!
just kidding mate if you haven't noticed it (bro fist)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
If life ever gets so bad that I create one of these threads please know that I'll be going out swinging and the overwhelming majority of my farewell post will be discussing the ending to Metal Gear Solid 2. I will die by the sword that day, brothers and sisters. Valhalla will embrace me.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Mod edit: calm down and sleep on it if you need to, PS adamsapple is meirl#384839

myMoment.gif

Some unnamed mod deleted my posts.

I wasn't insulting or trolling any specific users, just expressing frustration over the type of superficial responses that clog threads anytime there is a female protagonist that isn't appealing for whatever reasons. (I did take a dig at the anonymous mod who deleted my post in a follow up that was also deleted)

I've loved video games for 30+ years and will never stop. To some of you, I say goodbye with regret. There are definitely members here who contribute interesting, thoughtful discussion and content. There are also many trolls, some of which seem to have preferential treatment for some reason or another. I am proud to say that something like 70% of the users on my ignore list have been banned over the years. So it's been a pretty good run. Good luck everyone who is staying and good luck @EviLore trying to foster a community.

My one regret is not figuring out which banned account adamsapple adamsapple originally posted under.

Please burn my account, and to the mod who deleted my posts. Good job /s
You don't get the dynamics of modding on a big forum. There is so much content that sometimes mods might delete something that shouldn't have been removed or close a thread that shouldn't have been closed. There are so many users and so many "on the edge" discussions that there will always be some discrepancy regarding what should or should not have been done.

As a user on a big forum, you just have to accept that sometimes your stuff might get deleted or closed, it's just the nature of popular internet communities and you have to accept it.

I can tell you this, the mod team on here has a nice balance compared to other forums, it's usually either a free-for-all shitfest or extremely overbearing ban-happy overly-dramatic mods. Neogaf has managed to stay away from that, it's quite impressive.

PanzerAzel

The fact that you have an ignore list long enough to split into meaningful percentages says more about you than this topic. It's the internet. I don't ignore anyone, even if they're a stark raving idiot.

It's all in good fun.

I didn't quit or hold grudges when I got thread banned from the Chris Rock/Will Smith thread or had my mother insulted by David Jaffe. Nope.

*twitches*
Amen to that.

I never ignore anyone either, as doing so for simple disagreements is childish. Even if I vehemently disagree and find the user a prick, there’s always the possibility I may gain something from that discussion or a future one, and ignoring anyone robs me of that present and future potential. The times I’ve had my mind changed due to debates have never been pleasant exchanges, but after passions have cooled, I’m grateful for them. For the seed they planted, despite the heated nature of the time.

The only time I’d ever ignore someone is if their posts continually offered absolutely nothing of value (rife with racism, sexism/etc) and even then it’d be a hard sell because people can change.

I appreciate seeing posts like yours, as really….even though things can get heated…..it IS all in good fun.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Amen to that.

I never ignore anyone either, as doing so for simple disagreements is childish. Even if I vehemently disagree and find the user a prick, there’s always the possibility I may gain something from that discussion or a future one, and ignoring anyone robs me of that present and future potential. The times I’ve had my mind changed due to debates have never been pleasant exchanges, but after passions have cooled, I’m grateful for them. For the seed they planted, despite the heated nature of the time.

The only time I’d ever ignore someone is if their posts continually offered absolutely nothing of value (rife with racism, sexism/etc) and even then it’d be a hard sell because people can change.

I appreciate seeing posts like yours, as really….even though things can get heated…..it IS all in good fun.

Exactly! A one sided discourse is an echo chamber! We have to be free to disagree to have an actual conversation, and short of people registering specifically to troll or console war, I think every voice deserves to be heard if it's in a rational, intelligent man-wait.

Posts like mine?!

THE HELL, DAWG

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I gotta say Bo, you are by far the finest example of a GAF survivor :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Actually at some point it was kinda funny and frequent, and like 90% of my bans were from memes. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: It's like being a regular resident of jail that you start to be familiar and cops inside there start to like you. Mods after each ban...

custody-officers-april-2019.jpg

We genuinely love you! ❤️...or at least this green rat does. ❤️

Haha! Despite being solely on PS, I kinda have some good xbox fans friends around here. I love you too, mate. :messenger_winking_tongue: :lollipop_raising_hand:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Would love the full context.

Relax though. Ain’t that serious.
We were discussing character designs, how they being ugly as fuck or anime sex dolls could affect how we see and judge the game.

Nothing related to console warring, and imo everything seemed quite polite between the users, but I wasn't there the whole time so maybe things heated up, dunno.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
wut

She's gone too, bro.

It was during the Metroid Dread saga. I commented on one of his YouTube videos or whatever and said something bullet proof and clever like "you fucking suck bruh lmao," and he was like "your mom sucks," or some shit.

But it was my youtube account, so it was using my real name, which made it totally personal, and it was through those flames that my arch nemesis was tempered. Also, Jeff Grubb. Fuck him, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom