• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai announced that Elden Ring sold 17.5 million units, making it the fastest-selling multi-platform Japanese game of all time

BabyYoda

Banned
It also looks good because it's a reskin of a PS3 game on a PS5 (despite the fact it clearly began work as a PS4 title). I also prefer From's art direction anyway.
I'm sorry but that will never happen with FROM software games but I'm Okay with that because they're good at everything else. Demon souls look so good because of PlayStation involvement.

capcoms dragons dogma 2 has big shoes to fill

245.gif
Dragons Dogma 2 will be 100 times the better game no contest!Graphicly it will be 2 gens ahead and gameplay will also be way better.

It's deserved. I've never been a Souls fan in any way, but I do not exaggerate when I say Elden Ring might have perfected open world. I usually dislike open world because it's never truly open, but this was. They let you just go wild. And most of the things I disliked about Souls were made better with the open space. And the things i did like about Souls I could finally appreciate as a casual non fromsoft fan.

As a man who never cared about or liked Souls games, I think that says a lot.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I just can't see it. I don't see it having the legs to reach a total of over 40m sold. I could be totally wrong though. We'll see.

It depends on how aggressively they push it in sales and if they offer any substantial DLC, IMO. I can't help but think that Witcher 3 and Skyrim reached their lofty heights because they saw things like price decreases physically over time that felt right, and things like annual Steam and GoG sales that seemed to get lower each time.

If Bandai pulls a Nintendo and never reduces the price or offers it in sales, then sure, it will probably top out around 25m - 30m.

Needlecrash

The open world, multitude of bosses, vast environments with awesome art direction and fun combat is a definite keeper in my book.

I just got to the Mountaintops of the Giants and this place made me gasp.

HoodWinked

the number sold is call of duty numbers completely absurd.

how did this game sell this many? there is usually a ceiling to these types of games. It didn't even have the benefit of the "Souls" branding either.

Last edited:

JayK47

Glad to see that it sold well. Impressive really. I guess the souls games are nowhere near over. Many more to come no doubt.

the number sold is call of duty numbers completely absurd.

how did this game sell this many? there is usually a ceiling to these types of games. It didn't even have the benefit of the "Souls" branding either.
Combination of review scores and extreme hype on Twitch and YouTube I think. Literally every streamer was playing this for a while

Top Bottom