• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Has A New Logo

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I'll say this.

The logo fits the direction the company seems to be going

simpsons-flush-gif.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've got a better design
SLvv6CF.png
10x better.

Just imagine how much money Namco spent on it. Every company changing logos probably took a year of tests, and a slew of internal and external people (marketing or ad agencies to help), and a ton of money.

Reactions: TGO

lachesis

I like old Bandai and Namcot logos from 80s. Never liked the Ban-Nam logo to begin with, nor the new one.

But.. I don't like Bandai logo from 50-70s. Those are horrifying.. like Ban and Die!! Those are very wrong designs for a children's toy company....

M4slhJ1.jpg

I think this new, more plain logo could be indicative of a new direction for Bandai Namco. I heard they will probably go into a more globalized and inclusive path and that concerns me. Hopefully I’ll be proven wrong and maybe it’s nothing, but we’ll see.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Company board-room: 'we really think this new logo tested with 3 rounds of focus groups will show much greater user retention and interest by quarter 1 of 2022.'

Gamers: 'So what games ya makin?'

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The October announcement stated that the new logo would feature the words Bandai Namco inside a magenta speech bubble, and that it would come into use starting in April 2022.

However, while sharing details on its mid-term plan (April 2022 to March 2025) with shareholders today, the publisher also revealed that the logo will now be red instead.

The thought process behind the new logo was explained again during the mid-term plan report, and much of it repeats what was said in October when the magenta logo was revealed.

“The logo’s design incorporates ‘Bandai Namco’ into a motif that brings to mind a speech bubble, called ‘fukidashi’ in Japanese,” the publisher said.

“Through this design, the logo expresses the potential of the brand to connect with people around the world through dreams, fun and inspiration and inspire them with amazing ideas.

“The speech bubble also represents Japan’s manga culture, which has become popular around the world. In this way, the logo stands for our determination to communicate and connect with fans worldwide as we strive to create entertainment unique to Bandai Namco.”

However, in October, Bandai Namco also stated: “The magenta used as the motif colour not only represents diversity, but also creates a bright and fun impression and is easy to reproduce.”

This has been replaced in the new mid-term plan with a new explanation for the decision to make the logo red.

“For the motif colour, we sent questionnaires to employees around the world to gather their thoughts about words that express images associated with the aims of the Group,” the new explanation reads.

“From among the words that were frequently mentioned, we selected candidate colours through scientific methods linking words with colours. From among these candidates, we selected a bright red colour that creates an impression that is enthusiastic, fun, active, and bold.”

The publisher gave no reason for the change from magenta to red in its report. Indeed, it makes no reference to the magenta logo at all, as if it had never happened.

bandai-namco-logo-change-1024x521.jpg

yurinka

Less bad than the other one but still horrible, an insult to the history and previous logos of both companies.
They should use a polished version of this idea, something that combines and merges their most iconic logos:

FAlTdN3VIAcCtqf.png

Last edited:

CamHostage

End of an era.

Man, there was a "Bandai Namco Era"? I guess so. Seems like I'm just old, but I'm still getting over when they were kind of wobbling about whether they're "Bandai Namco" or "Namco Bandai" or two separate subcompanies called "Bandai" and "Namco" or...

Ae6rjj6.jpg

namco_bandai_entertainment_studios_logo_by_aaronmon97_d5p5z8n-fullview.png

(I still have to correct myself from saying "Namco Bandai" sometimes when talking about Tekken or RR, by accident or otherwise...)

Last edited:

Boss Mog

The new logo is terrible but it could be made a lot better by using the colors of the existing logo; I have no clue why they went with black and pink.

Here's me taking 30 seconds in MS Paint making their new logo 1000-fold better:

QbzXj3F.png

Banned
Man, there was a "Bandai Namco Era"? I guess so. Seems like I'm just old, but I'm still getting over when they were kind of wobbling about whether they're "Bandai Namco" or "Namco Bandai" or two separate subcompanies called "Bandai" and "Namco" or...

rr7_final_box_front.jpg
75080_front.jpg

namco_bandai_entertainment_studios_logo_by_aaronmon97_d5p5z8n-fullview.png

(I still have to correct myself from saying "Namco Bandai" sometimes when talking about Tekken or RR, by accident or otherwise...)

well they were Namco Bandai in the West and Bandai Namco in Aisa... it was weird lol.

IMO they should just stick to Namco for their games and use Bandai for everything else tbh

Hoppa

Im no graphic designer but that’s a lot of negative space for a logo. They should make the text and border white/black and give it a background with whatever color they eventually land on. I’m just thinking about needing sunglasses in preparation of booting up one of their games

Kadve

Not a fan of the "name inside a circle" Design language of logos today.

Just look at Electronic Arts pre-2000 one. What was wrong with that?

Electronic_Arts_historical_logo_80s.svg

I also bet some design studio got paid 7 digits+ in order to come up with it. Money which could be been spent on actually relevant stuff.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Not a fan of the "name inside a circle" Design language of logos today.

Just look at Electronic Arts pre-2000 one. What was wrong with that?

Electronic_Arts_historical_logo_80s.svg

I also bet some design studio got paid 7 digits+ in order to come up with it. Money which could be been spent on actually relevant stuff.
That logo was great in 1982

Top Bottom