• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco trademarks Last Recollection (new .hack collection?)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/bandai-namco-trademarks-last-recollection-in-europe-japan

Bandai Namco Entertainment has filed trademarks for “Last Recollection” in Europe and Japan.

In Europe, the trademark for “Last Recollection” was filed on April 1.

In Japan, trademarks for “Last Recollection” in English and Japanese were also trademarked on April 1, but were not published until today.

it is possible the trademark may be for a new .hack collection. Bandai Namco previously bundled the latter four .hack games as part of the collection .hack//G.U. Last Recode for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC, while the first four games are still only available on PlayStation 2. If that is the case, then a “.hack//Last Recollection” would likely include .hack//Infection, .hack//Mutation, .hack//Outbreak, and .hack//Quarantine.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
On emulator it looks okay. Nothing crazy but not horrible either.
The cutscenes were okay but actual in game models and environments aged very badly.
Screenshot-6_5_20095_09_29PM.png

Screenshot-6_5_20095_10_42PM.png

Zambatoh

At least with Last Recode they were more focused on rebalancing the games for pacing reasons and brought some closure to the story with Episode 4.

But for the original 4 games, they'd have to go pretty deep and re-do every texture and 3D model in the game and re-balance the games for pacing. The first game alone is a 20-30 hour affair on it's own.
The combat system actually doesn't need much in the way of changes. It's basically a point-and-click style arpg. The attack animations just needs to be sped up and/or automated.

Furball

The first games needs more than simple remaster, both visuals and combat did not age well at all.

But most of all PLEASE give me new .hack game…..PLEASE!
u get more SAO instead . .Hack// is lost cause series

Are those games good? I remember hearing about those games back then but never bothered playing them.
Yes , This series has good lore , story , world building , Atmosphere , soundtrack and average gameplay . Basically what you should expect from Cyberconnect 2 game .

Last edited:
Are those games good? I remember hearing about those games back then but never bothered playing them.
They're a decent B-game series with very shallow and loose combat(blocking attacks feels okay, but dodging and parrying feel like systems they didn't quite figure out yet because Devil May Cry was still new at the time). It's too easy to over-level if you do side quests and once that happens the game goes into cruise control until you fight any secret bosses.

The story isn't incredible or anything, it's serviceable and has fun moments in it. The main thing unique about this game series was that it simulated an MMO in a single player RPG, had technically 'endless' amounts of dungeons, and had a full media rollout and launched alongside an anime, manga, and novel series. Some of the lore of the MMO is cool but the deeper elements of it ends up being disconnected from the two protagonists' stories of both series. Instead it's more like if you were following the plot of RP players, but their story ends up being some life and death ordeal that spills over into real life.

u get more SAO instead . .Hack// is lost cause series
Funny enough, those SAO games almost feel like spiritual successors to Dot Hack even down to the gameplay. Their issue is that they focus way too much on character relationships, slice of life, and pointless conversations.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Have they fixed the last one on PC? I didn't see it mentioned much but for me after a later return to the game it manifested graphical glitches that appeared like weird shadows and also occasionally hanged. For such long games it wasn't worth putting up with the risk even if it was relatively rare...
hackgu_2018_12_10_06_wqeef.png

Edit: I found my own Steam forum post with more details about the issue and I guess it was worse than I remembered. Obviously I've played a gazillion games since, modern, retro, emulated, or whatever with no issues to think it's hardware based and I'm always up to date software/driver wise🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Can they give me my fucking Ace Combats from PS2 Era please? For fucks sake!
IIRC they can't do it because of the plane licenses. They can only give Ace Combat 5 as a preorder bonus for Ace Combat 7 because of the license, they cannot sell it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Oooh, so there are different sub-series in the franchise, each with their own set of characters.

Character art is pretty. I think you told me once that the dude from Evangelion worked on those.
Yup the character design was done by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and I’m personally big fan of his art.

Last edited:

Furball

Oooh, so there are different sub-series in the franchise, each with their own set of characters.

Character art is pretty. I think you told me once that the dude from Evangelion worked on those.

Yes , the Original and G.U has Evangelion artist work on . Link and later one dont have him .

Each series has different and own set of characters but they share world lore , the later entries set many year after previous series , there will some return characters but play different role . One reason why they can pull of those episodic game like this because all of those game were released pretty closed to each other , only 1-2 month apart unlike FF7 R which take 3-4 years

Last edited:

Rykan

I remember the second game being extremely difficult to find in Europe. Original copies of the entire series are probably worth a lot now.

Top Bottom