• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banned from ResetEra for wanting to play Hogwarts Legacy

Have you ever been banned from ResetEra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Remember a penis is not male genetalia.
Seinfeld What GIF by HULU

Larxia

I don’t get it - are they suggesting that men CAN give birth?
The whole reason they all decided to hate on JK rowling and blacklist her is only because she said biological women and trans women aren't the same, and trans can't have children. She's not even against trans, she only stated an obvious reality, men can't get pregnant even if they decide to "become women", but that's already too much for them to accept.

Unknown?

I got banned more times in 1 year in the purple asylum, than on GAF in 15 years.

My account there is still active but i stoped posting and visiting that place since the Cyberpunk launch, when they banned any conversation about the game, or anyone that showed interest in the game.
The console version of the game was having alot of issues at launch and was impossible to discuss and get any information about the game there. Was the moment i realized that was not really a gaming forum.
I blocked it at my router. Lol

PanzerAzel

Every single day there is walking on eggshells and then stressing out if what you just posted would get you banned.
It’s a complete failure of a forum, because if you read one user’s opinion, you’ve essentially read them all. It’s a bore, and I don’t know what they’re so afraid of.

They’re just intolerable, infantile groupthink cunts with massive chips on their shoulders looking for any excuse to ban people while virtue signaling, while enforcing an environment where they don’t have to bother defending their position, only censoring those who don’t agree with it.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Anyone ever tried saying ResetEra in the mirror 5 times? Just wondering if the rumors are true. I'm too scared to try 😳

Yea man, fucking regret it. Some blue and pink coloured short hair woman appeared screaming, no words just screeching, it whiped out its cosmetic cock and came right at me. I threw a straight right jab and knocked the cunt out with a bad left hook. To my horror though, they kept coming many at a time and they overcame me, fucked my arse raw, now days my gf has to rub it down with savlon and sudacrem to keep the soreness at bay.

Kerotan

Yeah I got the perma. I drove the Nintendo fruit loops in the Japanese sales thread bananas. They tried so hard to get rid of me but couldn't. Eventually I got bored so just got myself banned. Can't actually remember for what anymore.

laynelane

So has the idea of elves and leprechauns, but that doesn't make them any more real than the idea that a man can give birth.

Yes, I agree with that. I remember seeing magazine covers of "man is pregnant" at the time - and then reading the context. However, some are confused about why people are saying men can give birth. This is why and how it's been for a long time now.

PanzerAzel

lol that is such a creepy picture.

I have to say though, I genuinely don’t understand if that person was banned for saying that men can’t give birth?
It’s not what’s said, it’s the lens they view it through.

Even the most genuine of inquiry about trans issues will bring a ban, because to them, everything is a dog whistle for bigotry, is stated with nefarious intent, and even if truly innocent in nature, still propagates and reinforces harmful stereotypes or some such ridiculous shit.

CuNi

I first voted "didn't get banned and never will be on Reee" but actually changed it to "never was but maybe will".
Because since all the J. K. Rowling talks, I'm honestly interested in just seeing how many alt accounts I can create and spam my support for that game.

Unknown?

No need for saying sorry. I was passing along information and drawing attention to how a statement like "men give birth" comes to originate. Perhaps this implied belief or support on my part, but that is not accurate.
Oops, I was just commenting on the article you posted not meaning to say it was anything related to you.

Needlecrash

Is that why she's getting so much hate?? I can't even.
The whole reason they all decided to hate on JK rowling and blacklist her is only because she said biological women and trans women aren't the same, and trans can't have children. She's not even against trans, she only stated an obvious reality, men can't get pregnant even if they decide to "become women", but that's already too much for them to accept.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Lol I once commented something on some souls gamer girl twitch stream and got perma banned instantly.
Judge, jurdy and execution. Often for free. Internet is less forgiving than real life murderers sentences

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I don’t get it - are they suggesting that men CAN give birth?

Trans-men sure. The person in that photo almost surely knows that. Just like the OP they went looking for a fight and got one.

. . .note, this isn't to say that RE, or ANY forum for that matter, doesn't have nonsense. Simply that when going to a place that believes X, and loudly proclaiming not-X, you shouldn't be stunned by the outcome.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Lol I got banned my first day.

Someone made a post like “As a gay gamer, am I entitled to have the same # of gay romance options as straight ones in RPGs? I’m going to say yes.”

All the responses were like “oh, oh yes, OF COURSE you are! How could any reasonable person say otherwise!!!”

I just said something like “I hope someday we can engineer a perfect society where 50% of people are gay so you can have the romance options you are entitled to in real life!!” and that was that. Totally worth it.

LavosBit

Neo Member
I lurk the game forum from time to time because it’s a good resource to know when certain pre-orders go live, but I don’t feel like I’m missing anything by not being a member there. It seems like more of a circular firing squad than a community to me.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
They've had that posture for awhile now and you seem to have been aware of that and went poking the bear anyway. So you essentially proved that water was wet. Congrats?

Yes, I "poked the bear" by saying I want to play a video game. On absolutely no forum should someone be banned because they want to play a Harry Potter game. But by all means, please continue to be a ResetEra apologist.

Shakka43

I requested my account to be closed. Never got any warnings or anything as I kept my attention strictly on gaming. Once "social justice" started taking over every single little topic I knew it was time to get the fuck out.

avin

They seem to have made an impressively deep impression on you lot. I can't figure out if the whining here is justified without checking it out, so I guess someday I probably will.

avin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom