• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batllefield 2042 Pricing revealed

SSfox

Finally a FPS war game, it's so rare to see those kind of games... i missed those...

26739-colombo-series-tv-international-multi-media.gif

Ok so 70$ price tag has officially started.

I mean Returnal was but if BF2042 does this and succeeds, which they will, probably entire industry will follow suit.
Patient gamers for the win

NBA 2K21 and COD Cold War already managed. So, yeah, sooner or later it will happen

Banjo64

cumsessed
$70 on next gen just as expected... but will we see the same amount of vitriol and negative articles like we do now towards certain major company when eventually every publisher jumps on board?
Not many people on NeoGAF care for EA but a lot of people on NeoGAF care for Sony’s games. Have I solved the puzzle for you?

HTK

Banned
Day 1. I've spent over 1000hrs in BF4, I spend a lot of time in mp games so for me I'll eat the cost only if it's a good game that I'll spend time in.

Urban

The Question that i ask myself is: Do people even want to pay 70-120$/€ for a MP only game?

I mean the success from warzone killed the "fullpriced mp only games" right?

For me personally i wont spend so much money on a mp only game.

MiguelItUp

I'll most likely be getting the Ultimate for PC!

......from a place that will surely charge less, lmao.

The Question that i ask myself is: Do people even want to pay 70-120$/€ for a MP only game?

I mean the success from warzone killed the "fullpriced mp only games" right?

For me personally i wont spend so much money on a mp only game.
It's funny because that was everyone's reaction with 1942 when it was launching. But at the time, the concern wasn't as vocal because the game looked insane at the time.

People also kind of reacted the same way with Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament as well, etc. You get the idea.

It may not be for everyone, sure. But there will be plenty of folks that certainly don't mind it. I feel like the worst part about all of this is the fact that AAA game prices have increased so much. The idea of paying $100+ for a single digital game with extra digital content is pretty wild to me.

Last edited:

Raekwon26

We know of 4 game modes so far. Conquest and Breakthrough (All out war), Hazard zone (no specifics yet other than it is squad based and not a Battle royal), and Dice LAs mode that is supposed to be a love letter to battlefield fans. EA said they will discuss other modes at a later date.

BF doesn't need a single player, and hazard zone may be co-op.

Also each map is massive and split into sectors with at least 2 to 3 sectors per map, so more like 14 - 21 maps in total.

Do a little research maybe?
Hmmm, I hope they show that mode soon.

Derktron

Banned
It's a big turn-off with the pricing with the Xbox being $70 and PS5 being $60. Something doesn't add up

Upgrade to Next gen if you bought the current gen version?
Might be a cheap way again to get $10 copies like COD last year.

(only works on Xbox)

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Battlefield 2042 is available now for pre-order and is set to launch on retail and digital storefronts on October 22 for $59.99 on Xbox® One, PlayStation®4, and PC, and $69.99 on Xbox® Series X and S and PlayStation®5. EA Play members get a 10-hour trial starting Oct 15, 2021. EA Play members and players who pre-order will receive early access to the Open Beta**. Players who pre-order have three different editions to choose from, including the Battlefield 2042 Gold Edition for $89.99 on PC and $99.99 on console, or the Battlefield 2042 Ultimate Edition for $109.99 on PC or $119.99 on console

GamePass collaboration

Y su nieve de que sabor?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Hmmm, I hope they show that mode soon.
EA Play in July is the reveal of that mode. I honestly have no idea what it is. We only know it isn't a BR and is a love letter to battlefield fans. Conquest and Breakthrough are already covered soo...

My ideas:
1. Map editor
2. Rush with its own maps specifically designed for it.
3. Rush with old maps from BC1/BC2 remade for BF 2042.

I honestly can't think of anything else.

So wait it's better to buy the Xbox One version to get the next-gen version?
It depends. If you can buy the upgrade for $10, yes. Because it's a full version and not a special upgrade version that only works with the base game, you can gift the upgrade to yourself. You're getting a code for the next gen version.

So 3 versions for $90
Or you just refund the base after and have 2 next gen versions for $20.
I did that with COD last year.

Might not work this time, tho if MS fixxed something.

Last edited:

Urban

I'll most likely be getting the Ultimate for PC!

......from a place that will surely charge less, lmao.

It's funny because that was everyone's reaction with 1942 when it was launching. But at the time, the concern wasn't as vocal because the game looked insane at the time.

People also kind of reacted the same way with Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament as well, etc. You get the idea.

It may not be for everyone, sure. But there will be plenty of folks that certainly don't mind it. I feel like the worst part about all of this is the fact that AAA game prices have increased so much. The idea of paying $100+ for a single digital game with extra digital content is pretty wild to me.
u know there is thing called f2p now?

times are changin

Rat Rage

70€ ?

Animated-Lure-Robotics-Lure-Swimbait-Fishing-Lure.gif

C'mon gamers, take a bite, take a bite...

A 70€ dollar price tag is good for you and the gaming industry!

679fd1582d8d8dc3bb839ce4d49247e1.gif

Last edited:

th4tguy

There is nothing wrong with how this game is being released, if it was free to play.
Charging $70 for what is being released?.... I just can't. Please don't buy this.

Yoda

A cross gen game w/current gen pricing when you buy a version which'll be essentially running on an emulator?

MiguelItUp

u know there is thing called f2p now?

times are changin
Yes, but but that doesn't mean every game needs to or should be F2P.

Games that are meant to be F2P are developed in a way (or should be) that caters to being F2P. Battlefield 2042 was clearly never meant to be F2P which is why it's priced as a standard AAA title.

Though, there appears to be a F2P component we just haven't heard about yet.

Last edited:

skit_data

I like how everyone is acting like Sony did $70 games first when the truth is... all big publishers do it, the only reason we haven’t seen Xbox do it is *drumroll* they haven’t published any games.

Urban

Yes, but but that doesn't mean every game needs to or should be F2P.

Games that are meant to be F2P are developed in a way (or should be) that caters to being F2P. Battlefield 2042 was clearly never meant to be F2P which is why it's priced as a standard AAA title.

Though, there appears to be a F2P component we just haven't heard about yet.
Im not saying that every game needs to be F2P. But the Market has changed and MP Only Premium price games. There are now AAA franchises like CoD with F2P games.
Which game was the last full priced mp only shooter(im not that of a shooter guy. serious question)?

MiguelItUp

Im not saying that every game needs to be F2P. But the Market has changed and MP Only Premium price games. There are now AAA franchises like CoD with F2P games.
Which game was the last full priced mp only shooter(im not that of a shooter guy. serious question)?
I hear ya. I think it's just all a matter of how it's handled, you know? Will it be super successful? Not sure, I guess time will tell.

I believe Black Ops 4 was the last one, and it still did pretty well cause COD.

Wait, I'm fired. I think Rainbow Six: Siege, actually. Well, there's also Overwatch too. So, yeah, there's been a few, my bad, lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom