• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BattleBit Remastered

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

gif1.gif

gif2.gif

gif3.gif

Last edited:

Smokken

Banned
Last time I checked they only have random playtests now and then, unless it's actually in open beta now? Downloaded it last year, have yet to actually play one match.

GHG

Gold Member
I don't understand how three gigachads can make a game like this and blow up while Sony is spending tens of millions of dollars (at least) on garbage like FairGame$

like just make another MAG you fuckers

I love seeing stuff like this.

Surprise surprise the 3 guys who actually play games and are passionate about the industry understand what gamers want unlike a bunch of corporate suits who pretend to play games.

I think I’m the only person who doesn’t really care for it, but I applaud the developers for making a game that focuses on being a game rather than a store front like most of its ilk.

To me it feels like a mix of mostly Battlefield a bit of CoD and a milsim but parts of it don’t gel together well for me. I also don’t like the graphics and I completely appreciate that it’s a design choice to focus on gameplay and to ensure as many people can play as possible.

RagnarokIV

I think I’m the only person who doesn’t really care for it, but I applaud the developers for making a game that focuses on being a game rather than a store front like most of its ilk.

To me it feels like a mix of mostly Battlefield a bit of CoD and a milsim but parts of it don’t gel together well for me. I also don’t like the graphics and I completely appreciate that it’s a design choice to focus on gameplay and to ensure as many people can play as possible.
Yeah... Graphics are the only thing putting me off.

If you're on the fence. Buy this game it's incredible. No glitches, bugs or lag (got slight lag yesterday but switched servers and was fine) and the gameplay feels like Battlefield 3 with some mechanics from Squad.

It's simply the best Battlefield game since BF4.

I don't understand how three gigachads can make a game like this and blow up while Sony is spending tens of millions of dollars (at least) on garbage like FairGame$

like just make another MAG you fuckers
Sony is literally fucking blowing it.

MAG, Resistance, Killzone, SOCOM.

They could be dominationg with shooters. Imagine any of these running in Decima engine. I would jerk it!

I just wish I could have 2010 - 2013 Sony back with new graphics. Sick, unique multiplayer titles and single player games.

Someone said this plays like battlefield.
Does that mean the maps are extremely large?
Yes most of the maps are large and feature helicopters and multiple tanks and transport vehicles.

You also can't spawn on flags that you've captured until they are 100% cleared of enemies which really incentivizes defending positions.

I do think they could position the flags better as there is a ton of empty space on the edges of the maps. But they could always fix the future.

10/10 Battlefield like game though. Puts DICE to shame.

Guilty_AI

If you're on the fence. Buy this game it's incredible. No glitches, bugs or lag (got slight lag yesterday but switched servers and was fine) and the gameplay feels like Battlefield 3 with some mechanics from Squad.

It's simply the best Battlefield game since BF4.
how is it in terms of destructible scenarios?

how is it in terms of destructible scenarios?
Oh my lord man the destruction is insane!

I actually really like the way they did it. There is a visual difference between walls that you can destroy (cinderblocks) and solid ones that you cant.

If you take down 90% of the cinderblock walls in the building, it will actually collapse like Bad Company 2.

Additionally, you can also collapse massive radio towers, windmills and even a enormous nuclear reactor on the one map.

If full destruction is what you've been wanting, this game does it better than any other.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I got it yesterday, it's quite nice, but not much more. The maps are way too small. You constantly die from grenades and rpgs without ever seeing them. The minimap is missing and it doesn't help orientation. There don't seem to be many vehicles. You only see them from time to time.

stickkidsam

Played a bit of this last night and was having a good laugh with the people playing. Half the players were role playing hard; one dude was sobbing as he cried “MEDIC” lol Very fun and chill atmosphere.

The gameplay is solid too. The game controls well with a plethora of mechanics. It’s actually nuts how many small things you can do. I don’t remember the last game I played that let you combine your half empty mags.

Overall it all runs well and has a lot of variety to keep things interesting. Gotta play it more to get a better feel for it. Oh and fuck the teammate dots. You see all teammates at all times so the horizon is constantly peppered with blue dots. Otherwise the UI is pretty clean.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Love seeing people getting banned live for cheating but makes me sad this many people are in fact already cheating

Have to admit I don't feel I have run into an obvious cheater though

R6Rider

Gold Member
Would consider playing on console. No interest with playing anything online on PC.

Have heard the progression system is terrible though. Also concerns on how the game at times is arcadey, but for some things is mil-sim. Pick one.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Would consider playing on console. No interest with playing anything online on PC.

Have heard the progression system is terrible though.
I could see this game exploding on console and progression can be slow but if someone plays medic and drops their med kits AND hangs around objectives and revives and heals people you get insane XP

Protip for Medics bind your drag and revive to the same key and get people out of danger while reviving them

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I wasn't very impressed in the first half hour. There were scattered blue dots everywhere on the screen and low-quality sound effects, which bothered me more than the graphics. However, I actually quite enjoyed the gameplay despite the initial drawbacks. My two-hour trial is still ongoing.

Lasha

Have heard the progression system is terrible though. Also concerns on how the game at times is arcadey, but for some things is mil-sim. Pick one.

It's just battlefield. Guns and gadgets are unlocked by levelling. Attachments are unlocked with kills. The gameplay is like older battlefield which was arcade-like with some realism. It's much more fun than later battlefield games.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I played for another 30 minutes and I really enjoyed the gunplay. I didn't quite enjoy the chaos of the 256-player map, but I had a great time in the 32vs32 map (rush mode). I think this will be the online FPS game I'll be playing these days. However, I would appreciate it if they could improve the sound effects a bit (I don't have many complaints about the graphics). Good job guys! It's truly incredible that this game was made by just three people using the Unity engine.

GymWolf

Oh my lord man the destruction is insane!

I actually really like the way they did it. There is a visual difference between walls that you can destroy (cinderblocks) and solid ones that you cant.

If you take down 90% of the cinderblock walls in the building, it will actually collapse like Bad Company 2.

Additionally, you can also collapse massive radio towers, windmills and even a enormous nuclear reactor on the one map.

If full destruction is what you've been wanting, this game does it better than any other.
I think teardown has more complex destruction but it is not multy fps.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It's great.... but lord i hate the character models
everything else about the game visually is fine, if a bit below what i'd like. But those block people running around like it's minecraft turns me off

still one of the best multiplayer shooters of this year though. EA wishes they could make something this good

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
No way this game has lasting appeal. This has Splitgate style performance written all over it. Hot for a month or two, then it'll steadily crash.

Will be checking in on those player pop numbers in 3 months and 6 months to update my algorithm . I've been wrong before.

Still happy for the 3 developers seeing such success.

Spyxos

Gold Member
No way this game has lasting appeal. This has Splitgate style performance written all over it. Hot for a month or two, then it'll steadily crash.

Will be checking in on those player pop numbers in 3 months and 6 months to update my algorithm . I've been wrong before.

Until there is a new Battlefield, people are unlikely to leave it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Even if I only would play it a month or two I have already well gotten my moneys worth

Would love to see it come to console and they might do that if indeed the numbers fall off.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Even if I only would play it a month or two I have already well gotten my moneys worth

Would love to see it come to console and they might do that if indeed the numbers fall off.

Yeah, I don't think every multiplayer game needs to offer 1,000+ hours of engagement. This game is a huge success considering who made it and people seem to be enjoying it. I do love seeing a game look like that and watching the market not give a sh*t because visuals don't really matter in multiplayer. Warms my heart.

Still, I'm obsessed with what creates those 1,000+ hour juggernauts so I like keeping an eye on games like this.

tr1p1ex

i bought this asap after a few minutes of a video.

I'm not even going to say I'm a big fan of everything about the game, but this game demonstrates the benefits of not being a slave to graphics in a most dramatic way.

Last edited:

Divus

You honestly forget about the graphics pretty quick after playing it. The game is a blast. Haven’t had this much fun since Battlefield 3. Honestly other than the visuals it’s better than any Battlefield game released.

Put 90+ hours into the beta and early release and still loving it and far from tired of it. Well worth $15.

Top Bottom