• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2: Special Forces screens.

Andy787

Banned
929149_20050714_screen001.jpg

929149_20050714_screen002.jpg

929149_20050714_screen003.jpg

929149_20050714_screen004.jpg

929149_20050714_screen005.jpg

Jesus. I fucking love BF2, but damn, this is quick. :p

Ferrio

Banned
I fucking called it. Lets make an expansion pack before we fix the existing issues.

FUCK YOU DICE FOR SCREWING ME ONCE MORE.

Well back to the norm, FUCK DICE!

siege

Banned
This was in the works long before the game shipped. I can almost bet that another expansion is in the planning stages already.

Gotta love EA.

Ferrio said:
I fucking called it. Lets make an expansion pack before we fix the existing issues.

FUCK YOU DICE FOR SCREWING ME ONCE MORE.

Well back to the norm, FUCK DICE!

Dice Canada (of BF:Vietnam infamy) is the team working on the expansion pack, no need to rag on our cruel but fair Swedish overlords. At least until the next patch.

Andy787

Banned
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Dice Canada (of BF:Vietnam infamy) is the team working on the expansion pack, no need to rag on our cruel but fair Swedish overlords. At least until the next patch.
Damn, no wonder. It looks like it's using the fucking BF Vietnam engine. :p

Yeah, my hopes aint too high for this one. Half assed Ghost Recon aint gonna do it for most BF fans I reckon. If they just rolled out a bunch of new maps and bolted on some new game modes to the originals it would be fine and dandy. As long as they kept it far away from Canada that is. Canada breaks things.

Hooker

Don't buy it then. Seeing how almost no server was running Road to Rome or Secret Weapons, I don't think you'll be missing out on much when you don't happen to purchase this. (I'm not, that's for sure!)

ToxicAdam

Look at all the time they spent on new textures and models ... oh wait ... they are the same ones from the current game!

The more I read about the expansion, the less excited I get. I would like to see an infantry based expansion. With beefier weapons, a few more classes, and more variety in the light vehicles. Throw in a few game modes that force more linear combat (similar to DoD).

DEO3

As much as I love the BF series, I find thier infantry combat to have always been utter crap (though BF2 is a lot better in this regard). The point to the series has always been its use of vehicles, and thier paper/rock/scissors gameplay they offer. Unless they're making changes to th mechanics and feel of infantry combat, an expansion focusing pretty much solely on infantry combat sounds like a bad idea.

But then again, I am a bit biased (Q3, RtCW, ET, etc.) as to just what infantry combat should feel like, coming from years of competing in games that used the old Quake engine (Q3A, RtCW, ET, CoD, etc.) - so I'm probably the odd man out on this one, and most others will have a great tme playing it.

Does anyone else find it odd that they're adding almost as many new armies as they are maps, you'll be playing a different army for each map for the most part, and there's no room at all for the old armies. Kind of strange.

Deg

Banned
Looks like you can play as British forces.

I look forward to it. Unfortunately i will buy every expansion :p

Mr Gump

Banned
Rabid Wolverine said:
Go EA.

Milk the shit out of your franchises.

Fix up your fucking original product first.
In regards to fixing shit, the new 5.7 catalyst drivers handle texture swapping and general use of the video ram much better than the 5.6s for me. I now am able to put viewing distance on 100% and it loads much less than when i had it on 80% with the 5.6s.

Ati for the save.

I don't think I'm going to get this...I loved BF1942...I like Battlefield Vietnam...And I really like Battlefield 2, but I can't get addicted to it like I did BF1942. I don't know why.

Chrono

Banned
I was excited at this first but now I don't know. Reading the thread about this at the www.TotalBF2.com forums gave me a bad feeling.

Is this going to be just infantry in small maps? That's just way too different than BF2. They said 64 players though so we'll see.

What I want is just more maps, including night ones. New armies would've been great too. Imagine a Russia vs. US map in snowy Alaska... and maybe a night attack map on a huge army base in Alaska. That just sounds so much more appealing to me than special forces and ziplines.

When will we begin to see gameplay videos of this expansion anyway?

Eric P

s this going to be just infantry in small maps? That's just way too different than BF2. They said 64 players though so we'll see.

the interview mentioned new vehicles and new base weapons, so i think we're going to see some open spaces.

Top Bottom