• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 Bans Will Be Permanent Across All Platforms And Without Warning

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The game will make use of the same Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) software used in Apex Legends and Star Wars Squadrons to identify cheaters and ban them permanently.

“Due to cross-play functionality, when a cheater is sanctioned it will cause them to be instantly disconnected mid-match and permanently banned across all platforms,” the blog reads.

“As before, we still have the ability to apply IP and hardware bans if necessary. To keep our community a fair place, we have a no tolerance rule in place. There are no warnings and no suspensions when it comes to cheating. If you don’t play by the rules, you’re out.”

DICE states that EAC won’t be the only tool implemented to prevent cheating, and that more will be added going forwards. “Ensuring Fair Play and combating modern cheating solutions is an ongoing commitment that doesn’t end at launch,” it says.

“While not always visible to you as a player, this means that post launch we’ll continue to invest in developing internal capabilities and technologies that augment 3rd party anti-cheat solutions, provide multiple layers of defense, and ensure our games are fair and fun for everyone.”

The blog also claims that reporting a player is now faster than in previous Battlefield games, and involves simply selecting the player from the Player and Squad List or Social Menu, choosing ‘Report’ and selecting the reason for the report (with the ability to add a comment if necessary).

Following feedback that players didn’t know what happened after reporting someone, DICE has now pledged to tell the player in-game that it received their report, and will then email the player to let them know if action was taken.

Other features included to help players enjoy the game safely include:

• the ability to block or unblock players in-game, ensuring they can’t message or voice chat with you
  • an in-game text profanity filter
  • the option to mute in-game test or chat (either individuals, or all players or chat)
  • several other admin tools in Battlefield Portal including the ability to apply persistent bans across Community Experiences created
DICE has also created a Battlefield Community Charter designed to promote fair and safe play. It asks players to treat others as they would like to be treated, keep things fair, share appropriate content and keep things honourable.

“We take our commitment to Positive & Fair play seriously, and won’t tolerate bad actors on the Battlefield,” the studio says. “As a community, we play the objective, together.”

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.thegamer.com/battlefield-2042-bans-permanent-without-warning/

Cheaters won't prosper in Battlefield 2042.

leo-di-caprio-django.gif

DICE has detailed its cheating policy for Battlefield 2042, revealing that reports will be faster and that the game will hold a no-tolerance policy for cheating.

This policy update comes courtesy of a new blog post from DICE on the Battlefield 2042 site, titled "Battlefield's Commitment To Positive Play", which details the rules of reporting and the consequences for those who are found cheating.

DICE also indicates some of the things players are able to do to ensure they're having a good experience, such as blocking and unblocking players, profanity filters, muting players, and being able to report anyone from within the game itself. As before, we still have the ability to apply IP and hardware bans if necessary. To keep our community a fair place, we have a no tolerance rule in place. There are no warnings and no suspensions when it comes to cheating. If you don’t play by the rules, you’re out.

Speaking of blocking, DICE promises that the system will be a lot faster in Battlefield 2042. Players can report others whilst in-game and will actually inform players whether the report is acted on by DICE.

The blog also reveals that Battlefield 2042 will be using Easy-Anti Cheat (EAC) as its cheating detection system. It says, "EAC already has a proven track record in identifying cheaters, such as within Apex Legends and STAR WARS™: Squadrons. It is also proven to be effective in ensuring your privacy, and security". Being banned from Battlefield 2042 won't be an easy fix either, as players will be "instantly disconnected mid-match and permanently banned across all platforms".

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Until they ban the wrong guy and the whole system goes haywire the next day.

Also cheaters don't use there main accounts, they use alt accounts so it doesn't effect them even remotely.

What needs to happen is that if people mass report a guy somebody has to come in and ban his ass straight away. They need moderators in servers that are active always for the first year or so. Or create servers for a premium price where moderators are in so u know people get culled fast.

lils

well, at least they're not using punkbuster anymore, i had a lot of problems with that in BF4.

but... aren't cheaters just not gonna link their accounts across platforms then? or are they letting you play on any platform with one copy of the game?

Until they ban the wrong guy and the whole system goes haywire the next day.

Also cheaters don't use there main accounts, they use alt accounts so it doesn't effect them even remotely.

What needs to happen is that if people mass report a guy somebody has to come in and ban his ass straight away. They need moderators in servers that are active always for the first year or so. Or create servers for a premium price where moderators are in so u know people get culled fast.
Ban every account using the same ip.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Doubt Reaction GIF

Dice has to have one of the worst anti cheat reputations of any major multiplayer Dev in existence.

Their "fix" for cheating in BFV was community servers which lead to 90% of games being ran by badmins who would ban you if you had even the tiniest of crinkles on your frontal lobe.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'll be playing PlayStation only lobbies with no crossplay. The premier way to play online shooters. Warzone is so good this way.

What's this like? I deliberately chose PS5 for BF because I dunno, I tried Div2 on Xbox and the matchmaking and community seemed dead compared to PS5, and I got the same on ProClubs. The multiplayer bases are much bigger on PS5 (from my anecdotal experience in games I play), and I want to make sure if I do turn off crossplay I have a big enough pool of players to match with.

cormack12

Gold Member
Doubt Reaction GIF

Dice has to have one of the worst anti cheat reputations of any major multiplayer Dev in existence.

Their "fix" for cheating in BFV was community servers which lead to 90% of games being ran by badmins who would ban you if you had even the tiniest of crinkles on your frontal lobe.

The good old days of not trying to dominate a clan member who owned the server before you got booted.

Gold Member
terrible idea because IPs change like people have said. IP bans are a joke and hardware-ID bans are unacceptably intrusive and still easy to circumvent. just ban the account and be done with it, if they want to buy the game again to cheat then just catch them again
Yeah I agree with you here, MAC address or some other hardware ID can be spoofed too, probably just best to ban the account and any product keys associated with it.

Mithos

Yeah I agree with you here, MAC address or some other hardware ID can be spoofed too, probably just best to ban the account and any product keys associated with it.
Yeah, my Zenfone 8 uses randomized MAC address, whenever it connects to a router (apparently a feature in Android 10+).

Three

terrible idea because IPs change like people have said. IP bans are a joke and hardware-ID bans are unacceptably intrusive and still easy to circumvent. just ban the account and be done with it, if they want to buy the game again to cheat then just catch them again
If it's the account couldn't they just sign in with a new account?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You should have to register your mobile number or something. I dunno exactly, but there must be someway to make this more difficult for cheaters.

Last edited:

zombrex

IP's are not always a static thing.
The IP you have today someone else can have tomorrow (or even the same day if you renew the IP manually).

Banning everyone that use the same IP is disaster waiting to happen.
Just shows how little they have thought this out.
Absolutely terrible policy. In many countries dynamic IP is the norm.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Cheating is on the rise on consoles though. Turning crossplay off won't fix it.
Trying to avoid cheating is the only reason I play shooters on console but you are 100% that its on the rise in consoles and most people don't even believe it.

What's even more sad, as I have said many times, I discussed this topic with Ybarra while he was still at Xbox and he said they totally knew when people would use these devices but would leave the punishment up to game devs and Xbox as a whole would never take a stand on those devices.

I guess Sony feels the same way as I know many kids using them on PS4 only because that Strike Pack doesnt work yet with PS5 though they say its coming

Boss Mog

Cheaters are too clever, I got zero faith in any anticheat. Thankfully though I'll be shutting off crossplay, fuck pc players.
If it's like Apex, they'll pretty much force you to enable it. If you disable it in Apex you can't find any players. Any players on the same system as you will be prioritized into crosspaly. Honestly there's just as much cheating if not more on consoles these days because of stuff like Cronus Zen, which I think Sony and MS should ban the accounts and systems of those who use them.

Boss Mog

Hey, that would cost them money! Are you crazy?
Exactly and let's make it very clear that saving money is the only reason publishers are advocating for cross-play, they don't give a shit about helping people with different platforms play together, they just see it as an opportunity to save money by consolidating their servers. That's why they push it so aggressively.

Last edited:

Miles708

Would it work to make an official "hacker-friendly" zone, and say something like "you can do all your hacking here".
People who want to break the game would have a place to do so.

JoeBudden

lmao this is going to go great considering how the apex sub reddit is full of people complaining about getting banned for no reason

BlackTron

Would it work to make an official "hacker-friendly" zone, and say something like "you can do all your hacking here".

Without a decent, well-intending player to frustrate, these people have no reason to cheat.

It's pretty sad when the last way you have to feel good about yourself is beating people in online games by cheating. It's just embarrassingly pathetic.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If only people who buy hacks were like that.
They want to fuck with legit players....alot of hackers will actually quit if another hacker is on the opposite team because they know they suck and their confidence gets shot to shit even imagining playing on a "level" playing field.

Make a hacker friendly zone and youll see hack buyers never use it cuz they know they will get wrecked in it.

Top Bottom