• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 Bans Will Be Permanent Across All Platforms And Without Warning

Good news. Now I'm just gonna see how the beta is on both Series X and Ps5 before I decide which console to ultimately go with.

GreatnessRD

The best anti cheat system is private servers with admin, like on the BF4 and older games.
For all the money these companies pull in through cosmetic bullshit, that shouldn't be the case. It's very sad that people gotta put up their own money to make the user experience better. But we as consumers settle for less and like it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
IP and hardware bans.

What if someone sells their banned system? The new owner tries to play the same game and they are banned right away?

Banned
Ban every account using the same ip.

a lot of ISPs use dynamic IPs that change every few weeks. IP bans would therefore ban innocent players.
Sony had this issue on PSN for a long time, and I know someone who had to call Sony 3 times within a single year because his IP was banned.
and their customer support was so useless that the second and third time he had to educate them about this issue because they had no idea what's going on

Last edited:

Kerotan

What's this like? I deliberately chose PS5 for BF because I dunno, I tried Div2 on Xbox and the matchmaking and community seemed dead compared to PS5, and I got the same on ProClubs. The multiplayer bases are much bigger on PS5 (from my anecdotal experience in games I play), and I want to make sure if I do turn off crossplay I have a big enough pool of players to match with.
PlayStation obviously has much bigger player bases because sales dwarf the Xbox. But the real issue is xbox forces cross play on some games whereas Sony have the pro players policy and insist we have the option to turn it off.

I've played probably 5k matches of warzone and sure there will be cheaters using those strike packs but the guns are such lasers I can't even tell who has and doesn't have them.

But the odd occasion we try crossplay on we die to a god level hacker. It's just no fun and I feel so sorry for xbox players. I would have given up on warzone long ago if I was forced into that.

Rocket League is the only game I regular enable cross play. I'm champ rank so the chances of a cheater reaching my rank before a ban is slim. I've over 20k matches played and never once have I been suspicious of a pc player. The exact opposite to warzone.

Banned
PlayStation obviously has much bigger player bases because sales dwarf the Xbox. But the real issue is xbox forces cross play on some games whereas Sony have the pro players policy and insist we have the option to turn it off.

you can literally turn off crossplay in the Xbox system settings...having no in game option is only an issue on the side of developers not due to Microsoft.
Splitgate has an in game option on every system. it's 100% a developer issue.

Last edited:

Kerotan

you can literally turn off crossplay in the Xbox system settings...having no in game option is only an issue on the side of developers not due to Microsoft.
Splitgate has an in game option on every system. it's 100% a developer issue.
Why would they enable it on PlayStation but not xbox? And good luck filling up xbox only lobbies at night when the option is hidden on a system level.

Melon Husk

it can't be worse than punkbuster... right?
It is worse in one respect, but it's connected to dedicated servers. Back in the good old days, PunkBuster was an optional component that dedicated server owners could toggle on/off (official servers had it on). There is no option now. Natural consequence of online games being services that you do not own.

edit:

GaaS: You buy a ticket to an amusement park with cameras and underpaid security staff.
Park makes money off of concessions (cosmetics).

Last edited:

Banned
Why would they enable it on PlayStation but not xbox? And good luck filling up xbox only lobbies at night when the option is hidden on a system level.
most likely because some idiot at the dev team thought it would have a playerbase that's too small... but that's stupid of course

[Sigma]

Ban them. Ban em all across platforms D.I.C.E. I want bans all across the board.
fifth-element.gif

Kerotan

most likely because some idiot at the dev team thought it would have a playerbase that's too small... but that's stupid of course
Well lobbies are not full on playstation only late at night and it's the main platform for COD. I'd imagine xbox would just be dead for those hours late at night and they wouldn't get any going.

Hezekiah

Banned
The amount of cheating in BF5 is annoying, but how long till they screw it up?

Also, wonder if they're gonna ban teabaggers 😁.

lils

Not really. If you buy a game on the account and you are banned can't you just create another account on the same console and use your purchases? I'm pretty sure you can.
oh, i was talking about pc. i don't know how consoles work, i assume they can ban the disc or whatever it is that you use

post-S

Most of the cheaters are on PS4 using those auto aim controllers.
They don’t make the game unplayable though.
It only takes 1 aimbot flying around the map to make the game unplayable for everyone on the server.
And if the last 2 BF is any indication, we’ll see at least one of those in every other match on PC.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never understood why devs even need anti-cheat trackers really in any shooter.

All the servers have to do is analyze the data it tracks and see which gamers have 80% shot accuracy, kill streaks of 50 every game, KD of 50:1, and wins every game. And for games where you call in kill streaks, if someone is calling in helicopters and dogs when a game starts, cant the game track that something isn't right when someone with zero kills is calling in killstreaks when the match begins?

I don't care if it's the best on earth. Nobody playing the game regular can have insane stats. So just flag those profiles.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Never understood why devs even need anti-cheat trackers really in any shooter.

All the servers have to do is analyze the data it tracks and see which gamers have 80% shot accuracy, kill streaks of 50 every game, KD of 50:1, and wins every game. And for games where you call in kill streaks, if someone is calling in helicopters and dogs when a game starts, cant the game track that something isn't right when someone with zero kills is calling in killstreaks when the match begins?

I don't care if it's the best on earth. Nobody playing the game regular can have insane stats. So just flag those profiles.
It's the same shit with keyboard and mouse users on console games like Siege.

Just detect the players that are only moving in 8 directions and without any gradual movement speed changes like an analog stick can do. There's two easy solutions right there. Games can track ridiculous things including trophies, so these types of things should be basic as hell.

Kagey K

Banned

Just detect the players that are only moving in 8 directions and without any gradual movement speed changes like an analog stick can do. There's two easy solutions right there. Games can track ridiculous things including trophies, so these types of things should be basic as hell.
Shit like XIM adapters fuck up the algorithm. It makes the game think you have a controller while playing KB/M so you get the aim assist on top of using a mouse.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

The worst of all were COD games way back during 360 (I dont know if it was the same on PS3 and PC). Youd get so many cheaters with messed up stats on leaderboards with Negative(!) -14823734 wins and kills taking up the top 50,000 spots and Activision never did anything about it.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The worst of all were COD games way back during 360 (I dont know if it was the same on PS3 and PC). Youd get so many cheaters with messed up stats on leaderboards with Negative(!) -14823734 wins and kills taking up the top 50,000 spots and Activision never did anything about it.
Back when I used to play Tiger Woods on 360, people were pulling thier Left/Right sensors out of their LS on their controller so they would never hook or slice a ball.

People are willing to do whatever it takes to get a competitive edge, even on something as casual as Video Golf.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Back when I used to play Tiger Woods on 360, people were pulling thier Left/Right sensors out of their LS on their controller so they would never hook or slice a ball.

People are willing to do whatever it takes to get a competitive edge, even on something as casual as Video Golf.
Holy shit. I thought cheaters stuck to downloading aimbots, see through walls shit and things like that. Who the fuck takes apart controllers? lol

Kerotan

There are plenty of Xbox only players playing the games at all hours of the day……

Im going to assume you’ve never actually tried and have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm talking lobbies with cross play off. Especially in regions like Europe.

dano1

A Sheep
What would be even better is just put all the cheaters in there own servers and let them go at it. I would love to listen to that live😂😂

dano1

A Sheep
Would it work to make an official "hacker-friendly" zone, and say something like "you can do all your hacking here".
People who want to break the game would have a place to do so.

If they can’t be top dog every time that’s no fun for them unfortunately.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How about they program their game so it can't be cheated in? Maybe that's impossible, but it seems like it shouldn't be.

Anyway, cheaters are scum, but I kind of feel EA should also reimburse you for the game if you're permabanned. I mean, you have a useless product then right? If it doesn't have single player, which I believe this game doesn't.

MiguelItUp

That's fine with me, as long as they actually pinpoint the correct people. Too many random folks got their accounts hacked on COD and were banned for months even though they did nothing wrong.

Top Bottom