• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Battlefield Portal Official Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Play Battlefield™ 2042 starting October 22, 2021

Discover Battlefield Portal – an all-new, community-driven platform where players will be able to change the rules of war by creating, sharing and discovering unexpected battles from Battlefield’s iconic past, present, and future.

Battlefield 2042 is a first-person shooter that marks the return to the iconic all-out warfare of the franchise. Adapt and overcome in a near-future world transformed by disorder. Squad up and bring a cutting-edge arsenal into dynamically-changing battlegrounds supporting 128 players*, unprecedented scale, and epic destruction.

Battlefield Ti GIF by NVIDIA GeForce

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'm confused u can make maps in this too ? Or just rules of different game modes ?
You cannot make maps or change maps. You can fully customize the game modes, weapons, vehicles, soldiers, etc. They also showed the ability to use a logic system of some sorts that the devs use themselves.

You cannot make maps or change maps. You can fully customize the game modes, weapons, vehicles, soldiers, etc. They also showed the ability to use a logic system of some sorts that the devs use themselves.
I see , still fun enough but a map editor would've been a killblow to every other game

MiguelItUp

As someone that's been there since the series' birth, I'm so incredibly excited about this. Really, really, really cool idea. I look forward to seeing what else is going to be in this game.

I was kind of bummed we didn't see more legit gameplay, but they gotta save something for Gamescom. October can't come sooner!

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Jackfrags mentions that co-op stuff is possible, or at least a certain number of players vs a shit load of AI. Also its possible to just recreate 1942, bf2, and bf3 mops and even feel as you can turn just about everything on and off and set your own TTK.

Last edited:

TheAssist

Wow this is more customization than ever before. This actually does sound like what a lot of fans wanted. Even more extreme, but I am all for it. Honestly I am surprised. I didnt expect any of this and now I am actually really excited for BF 2042.

I mean this is literally the shit we did back in the day with BF2 on LAN parties. 4 players vs 60 AI swarms. Shit was amazing and somehow more fun and less scripted than L4D back in the day.

Yeah. I'm surprised that I am surprised and that I like what I say. The more serious modes are still there, but recently I found the more niche modes in BF more fun and this is as niche as it gets. I hope they can grow a good community around it

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
BTW, all "maps" you host are free and happen on dedicated servers. Pretty damn cool of DICE/EA. Truth is this Battlefield Portal is just a "Host your own Server" thing with a ton of bells and whistles. You can just host 2042 maps with your own rules for example (you can have more than one map on a server). I am sure they will limit the amount of servers any one person can "Create".

Last edited:

bigsnack

I’m sure they are going to release way more of the old school maps as time passes. I bet by the middle of the games lifecycle, all of the BCBC2 favorites will be on there, and folks will just create their own faithful remake.
This tool is going to provide endless fun for the folks that buy the game!

tr1p1ex

looks cool. but ...we'll see how it turns out.

because I also see it as a gimmick.

knowing the player base, everyone is going to want to play on the side with fewer players in the modern vs ww2 type of matchups. because it means more kills. ARe you people really going to want to go WW2 to get slaughtered by a heli? And the player base plays for kills way more than anything else.

but it depends on how it is handled.

also kind of confusing if you are joining matches as to what the rules are I would think. it will be good if people can run static servers that don't change. But if servers are constantly going up or down....

I would kind of rather or have also liked to see them feature this stuff so this stuff gets played and gets a lot of players. And then rotate in and out on a schedule.

AT least it's interesting though. So can't wait to see if the execution on this idea pans out.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Would be cool to see them bring older weapons into the main multiplayer as well

Ok i wanan make a Rambo mode...6 players with nightvision and just a knife.....vs 64 players with full loadout but no way to see in the darkest map possible

the one thing portal seems to be missing....map maker/customizer

Last edited:
Top Bottom