• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 Beta PS5 - XSS - XSX - PC Comparison (ElAnalistaDeBits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Summary: Higher resolution on PS5. Better frame rate on XSX.

FYX5Srp.jpg

mDq7X1K.jpg

- The PC version runs on Ultra with an RTX 3080.
- PS5 has an average resolution (very slightly) higher than Xbox Series X.
- PC has a greater draw distance, although with little advantage. PS5 and Series X seem the same setting in this section. In S Series it is slightly lower.
- Series S has a somewhat lower quality of textures, but acceptable. On PC they are somewhat superior and practically identical on PS5/SeriesX.
As a curiosity, the Xbox version has a different orientation in the terrain textures with respect to PS5/PC.
- Unlike Battlefield V, the PC version of Battlefield 2042 does not have Ray Traced reflections.
- Some reflections on PS5 and PC have trouble displaying correctly. In any case, the reflections on Xbox Series S/X have higher quality than on PS5.
- The framerate has slight drops on all 3 consoles, but they are a bit more abundant on PS5
- There is less foliage in Series S. The other versions seem to use a very similar amount of vegetation, but since they are distributed differently, it is difficult to draw conclusions.

Last edited:
I'd say the reflections on XBox seem bugged while PS5 ones look actually similar to PC. But all of them look equally bad and unrealistic (compared to RT).

XSX is only pushing 2x more resolution (with similar framerate) than XSS here. it's really odd.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I'd say the reflections on XBox seem bugged while PS5 ones look actually similar to PC. But all of them look equally bad and unrealistic (compared to RT).

XSX is only pushing 2x more resolution (with similar framerate) than XSS here. it's really odd.
It's actually more like 2.5x more pixels on average. Very comparable to the 3x tflops difference between the two consoles.

XSX is also pushing better foliage and draw distance which is typically a big hit on the GPU.

Between this and Far Cry 6 the Series S doesn't look too bad and both are 1440p/60.

They should just drop the ceiling for res though on PS5 IMO to lock it to 60.

About the framerate, I don't know. I think he mostly compared different scenes. On PS5 he gets very close to the exploding stuff (and creates some) where most of the drops happens, while on XSX, well he mostly stays hidden on the roof and far from the exploding stuff.

While when can actually compare the scene (when he comes back to the water after being killed) the min framerate is actually lower on XSX (52fps) and PS5 drops only to 55fps. So that's when comparing a similar scene.

It's actually more like 2.5x more pixels on average. Very comparable to the 3x tflops difference between the two consoles.

XSX is also pushing better foliage and draw distance which is typically a big hit on the GPU.
No it's almost exactly 2x (1800/1264)**2. But as you said probably explained by better draw distance. But still. XSX has 2.5x more bandwidth than XSS and usually we see 3x better res on XSX (even with better effects on XSX) so those 2x are definitely an anomaly. But it's only a Beta and not much footage yet so things could change once we get more data.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

- Some reflections on PS5 and PC have trouble displaying correctly. In any case, the reflections on Xbox Series S/X have higher quality than on PS5.
Where? It's the Xbox versions that aren't displaying correctly and needs to be fixed.

Look at the blocky black and white parts near the waters edge.
Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Is there some shitty sharpening filter in all versions?

Is this guys videos allowed on here again?

Where? It's the Xbox versions that aren't displaying correctly and needs to be fixed.

Look at the blocky black and white parts near the waters edge.
Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Is there some shitty sharpening filter in all versions?

Is this guys videos allowed on here again?

Nice catch. Indeed reflections have a problem on Xbox. Looks some kind of aliasing artefacts not seen on either PC or PS5. Those also seem to indicate a bigger resolution difference between XSS and XSX. More than 2x and more like 2.5x based on those artefacts.

I'd say if those are reconstruction artefacts on Xbox, PS5 is doing reconstruction much better than XSX (with the same final resolution).

Kangx

Here this picture demonstrate much better reflection on the ps5 and pc.
It is his video. Wtf is wrong with this guy.
Not be backsit modding. I say close the thread. Thus guy is a fraud.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Here this picture demonstrate much better reflection on the ps5 and pc.
It is his video. Wtf is wrong with this guy.
Not be backsit modding. I say close the thread. Thus guy is a fraud.

zMk9pWP.jpg
That is Far Cry 6 🤔

I was really confused at first with the graphic change until realize it was another game.

Last edited:

Kangx

That is Far Cry 6 🤔

I was really confused what first with the graphic change until realize it was another game.
Lol, I see this on Twitter. My bad then. But my point still stands. The reflection does look better on the ps5 and pc.

AnotherOne

Looks like xsx inherited the xss lower setting for reflections which could be patched.[FarCry6]
Nz4e2Kq.gif

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Game looks great across the board - but I'll take a hit in "fidelity" to get more of that sweet performance - Like 1440p/120fps.

SlimySnake

Game looks great across the board - but I'll take a hit in "fidelity" to get more of that sweet performance - Like 1440p/120fps.
i wasnt able to get 120 fps on PC (rtx 2080) at 1440p. It hovered around 77 fps at max settings with lots and lots of drops. I suppose at medium i can hit 120 fps but the game would look last gen at that point.

Guess Halo Infinite has confirmed itself as the best looking shooter of the year

the way they marketed and showed this game off was super deceptive

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
i wasnt able to get 120 fps on PC (rtx 2080) at 1440p. It hovered around 77 fps at max settings with lots and lots of drops. I suppose at medium i can hit 120 fps but the game would look last gen at that point.
As always optimizing for the consoles creates better results, so high and few mid settings to gain 120hz should not be a problem.

Justin9mm

Playing on PS5 last night.. It looked ok to good, graphics basic but I guess good enough / good resolution. Frame rate was mostly fine and didn't notice many dips, just a few micro stutters here and there. I don't know how much people's online connections play a part but I do have very good high speed internet connection.

Sounds like the performance experience is worse on PC being frequent frame drops compared to console.

The game itself is ok, this game type and map requires more luck then skill. I tend to not like this type of chaotic game mode. Spawning was terrible, right in front of enemies and killing someone was not very rewarding experience. I've cancelled my pre order because I was looking for some sort of evolution on the formula but I didn't find it that exciting or rewarding. For an online only experience, I decided not to pay day 1 retail for it. I'd rather put my time into Halo Infinite and some other games.

Last edited:

hlm666

why does this game have no RTX but BFV does again?

or will it have ray tracing at launch
It has DLSS which is a feature of RTX branded products. Not all nvidia sponsored games labelled with RTX have RT features, some just have DLSS. Death Stranding is one of the other major ones but there are some others and it goes right back to DLSS 1 with that Final Fantasy game.

edit: and as for why it doesn't dice probably have data showing no one used it in multiplayer and seeing this has no single player just didn't bother.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom