• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 heading to Xbox Game Pass - game already has "Game Pass" badge in Xbox Store

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Xbox-Game-Pass-Battlefield-2042-1024x464.jpg.webp

That's a diverse lineup there pal, what does interest out of interest?

It’s probably more about what doesn’t interest me. I have zero interest in soccer (FIFA). I don’t play multiplayer games (Battlefield). I also find myself disappointed with most indie titles. Once in a while one comes along that I enjoy, but I don’t get excited for them because that’s rare. Most of them seem to fall into categories that do not interest me: pixel art, roguelike, puzzles, punishing gameplay (Souls type), etc. I enjoy AAA RPGs, shooters, action adventure, racing games, story driven games, etc.

I’m somewhat interested in Sniper Elite 5 but do wonder if that series is heavy on the simulation of sniping? If it’s a bit more on the casual side in that sense I might enjoy it.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I won't waste my game profile with unlocking bf2042 on it. It would be embarrassing if people could see I played it.

I'd take Rouge Legacy 2 over all those combined.
Your loss. Bf2042 is trash but sniper elite is a pretty dope series, and its on game pass day one.

Theres a million rogue lite games on gamepass already
BOMBA confirmed
Did you live under a rock? It was BOMBA within the first month after release.

Last edited:

DinoD

Game is da BOMBA. Its 9 dollaroos on Amazon AU.

Edit: and I still didnt want to buy it.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
If anything, the game will be exposed to wider audience who will get to see how bad it is before DICE fixes it and implements MTX. The game is about to die for the second time.

Sybrix

As bad as the game is, putting it on Gamepass is the best move they could make at the moment.

All the bad press regarding player numbers will go.

I havent played since update 4.0, apparently there are vast improvements, ill probably give it ago when it hits Gamepass.

Sadly these days, with any AAA game now, you have to wait at least 1 year after release before they are in a playable state and worth the money.

reksveks

Surprise a public company can do it in such a blasé fashion
Its all about shareholder power and focus. Xbox is only 8% of MS rev, definitely less of their operating income and their other divisions are going great so shareholders don't ask too much about xbox.

They might do if/when ABK closes.

GHG

Gold Member
Bro do you even play games

Yeh, not what the rest of you do though apparently.

I'd much rather put another 200 hours in to Elden Ring or start digging through my backlog before touching any of those games listed (I've already had my fill of Fifa 2022 and Yomi still has a lot to prove), but that's just me. If other people think those games are worth their time then you do you.

Yo yomi trek looks 🔥

Incredible artstyle but the extended gameplay from a few weeks ago put it firmly in the "wait and see" category for me.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Why would they put those games separate in Gamepass when they have their own service in Gamepass? It looks more like part of EA play then Gamepass.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Why would they put those games separate in Gamepass when they have their own service in Gamepass? It looks more like part of EA play then Gamepass.
It just probably inaccurate, the EA Play is part of GamePass.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This piece of crap actually devalues Gamepass. It's pretty remarkable how badly EA has missed the mark when it comes to their flagship franchises.

Of course, if I am being honest only the Mass Effect trilogy and Jedi Fallen Order have been the only good games that have come from EA in the last 5 years. I've heard Titanfall 2 is good.

Other than that, EA is a pathetic waste of a publisher.

Top Bottom