• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 |OT| - Squad Up, Gear Up, and Join the Fight.

TwinB242

Patch changes are quite good, gunplay feels a lot more consistent. 20mm cannons on the little bird feel practically useless after the nerf though, maybe im a vehicle whore but thats one change im not too thrilled about.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Battlefield 2042 facts:

You will die in less than 30 seconds usually.
Angel will get killed before his crate hits the ground.
There is always someone behind. Behind you or the guy you just killed.
You will never have the right tool for the job. An enemy tank is right beside you unaware of your presence? Well, too bad you have an AA launcher instead of C5.
9 times out of 10 you'll get killed with a headshot by a PC player with any weapon from any distance.
9 times out of 10 if a teammate does not attempt to revive you, it's a Sundance.
Haha exactly.

I watch a video and get pumped up and then go try it and everything on this list happens.

Also can you disable cross play

I've played and loved every battlefield , but here's my problem with this one
It's just not fun 128 players is absolutely opposite of more players = more fun .
The maps are meh , the gunplay is average ,maybe I'm getting old but there is absolutely nothing exciting about this game

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
It's just not fun 128 players is absolutely opposite of more players = more fun .
The maps are meh , the gunplay is average ,maybe I'm getting old but there is absolutely nothing exciting about this game

I gotta agree. BF2, 3, 4 and the Bad Company games were just so goddamn good. This is just really meh to me.

The maps are so goddamn huge now that unless you happen to spawn into a building or something the gunfights all kick off at very long range. Which basically means Snipers and DMRs just rule the day. ARs kick so fucking hard you cant realistically engage at the distance needed for these fights. I can use an AR for half the match and have like 5 kills. Then I switch to a Sniper or DMR and Ill get 7 kills in 60 seconds, its ridiculous. I mean on top of bad map design, they should add some more aggressive bullet drop or something. These snipers are fucking lasers.

Maybe they addressed it in the patch today I haven't it played yet, its just frustrating.

Map design too is just meh to me. Not one has me excited when I see its being loading up, which is a shame for a series that has a history of some seriously awesome maps.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Also, the forced profanity filter pisses me off way more than it should for some reason lol, which I know is weird since I dont even talk shit or type out trash talk or anything.

I acknowledge that in terms of gameplay it really doesn't make a shit, its just something about overlord DICE coming in to play mommy and daddy to tell me as an adult that I need to be policed from scary words. Like just fuck off.

Last edited:
128 players is too much. It's too chaotic. It's like every map is operation metro, but with vehicles.

SJRB

Gold Member
Battlefield 2042 facts:

You will die in less than 30 seconds usually.
Angel will get killed before his crate hits the ground.
There is always someone behind. Behind you or the guy you just killed.
You will never have the right tool for the job. An enemy tank is right beside you unaware of your presence? Well, too bad you have an AA launcher instead of C5.
9 times out of 10 you'll get killed with a headshot by a PC player with any weapon from any distance.
9 times out of 10 if a teammate does not attempt to revive you, it's a Sundance.

I know it's easy to say but you can't let stupid shit like this get to you or you're gonna have a bad time.

9/10 times my deaths are stupid or unfair and yeah you always carry the wrong equipment for a particular moment and yeah nobody revives so teamplay is at an all time low, but I just shrug it off and move on. Game becomes unbearable if all of this annoys you because it happens ALL the time.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I agree with the 128 players feels bad thing. I would like the 64 player modes from last gen to make it into the game. 128 just does nothing good for the series. Would rather have a better looking, better running 64 player game.

Last edited:
I know it's easy to say but you can't let stupid shit like this get to you or you're gonna have a bad time.

9/10 times my deaths are stupid or unfair and yeah you always carry the wrong equipment for a particular moment and yeah nobody revives so teamplay is at an all time low, but I just shrug it off and move on. Game becomes unbearable if all of this annoys you because it happens ALL the time.
But I am having fun. I just wrote about things that happen.

Yeah man, I think I may have overreacted. It's all cool bro. Have fun.
FTFY

Gamerguy84

I've always hated snipers in any game.

This game is sniper heaven though. I don't think it's as much fun but I'm working on unlocking ATM.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I gotta agree. BF2, 3, 4 and the Bad Company games were just so goddamn good. This is just really meh to me.

The maps are so goddamn huge now that unless you happen to spawn into a building or something the gunfights all kick off at very long range. Which basically means Snipers and DMRs just rule the day. ARs kick so fucking hard you cant realistically engage at the distance needed for these fights. I can use an AR for half the match and have like 5 kills. Then I switch to a Sniper or DMR and Ill get 7 kills in 60 seconds, its ridiculous. I mean on top of bad map design, they should add some more aggressive bullet drop or something. These snipers are fucking lasers.

Maybe they addressed it in the patch today I haven't it played yet, its just frustrating.

Map design too is just meh to me. Not one has me excited when I see its being loading up, which is a shame for a series that has a history of some seriously awesome maps.
I've always hated snipers in any game.

This game is sniper heaven though. I don't think it's as much fun but I'm working on unlocking ATM.
BF games have always been sniper heavy. Huge maps, huge open spaces and lines of sight. At least in COD, the maps arent as big, dont have a lot of open lanes, and ARs are decently accurate at range to counter.

Got into online gaming a lot during the 360 days and at the time I was playing Gears and COD. A mix of people using different weapons. Then try BFBC and BFBC2 and 1943 and half the teams are standing on a cliff or in a bush sniping all match.

Apparently I'm the odd one out but I'm loving the game.

Been a fan of Battlefield games since the very first one (BF2 still my favourite) but 2042 is great fun.
Still has some issues that DICE have said they are working on but last couple of updates have been good.

I'm level 31 I think now and enjoying the game

BF games have always been sniper heavy. Huge maps, huge open spaces and lines of sight. At least in COD, the maps arent as big, dont have a lot of open lanes, and ARs are decently accurate at range to counter.

Got into online gaming a lot during the 360 days and at the time I was playing Gears and COD. A mix of people using different weapons. Then try BFBC and BFBC2 and 1943 and half the teams are standing on a cliff or in a bush sniping all match.
Yeah but his point about the maps being so large it causes more long range gunfights than ever before still stands

Haha exactly.

I watch a video and get pumped up and then go try it and everything on this list happens.

Also can you disable cross play
Good luck finding matches if you disable cross play. I tried that and couldn't find a single Portal lobby that was filled with more than 20 players. By them enabling cross play by default Dice has screwed over console players big time. This is a total scam the way developers are implementing cross play. Console gamers should be furious about this because now we have to choose between unfair match ups or not being able to find matches. It's total BS

JackFrags responding to the subreddit and Forbes article that called both him and Westie out for being silent on BF2042's issues:

he's right but hes also kinda being disingenuous about the matter.

I've been saying this for a while now but Jack Frags is the biggest Dice/EA shill on YouTube. He always gets his info and videos up before anyone else. Wonder why that is? They're also always positive. He is on their payroll. Westie too of course is similar to Jack frags. Western doesn't bother me as much for some reason.

gave this game another solid shot last night with the last of my EA Play trial and its just not great. The guns make no sense. A submachine gun with a scope seems better at mid range than the assault rifles. There is a crazy amount of spray and burst firing doesnt seem to do much if anything for accuracy. The operator system seems shittier and shittier the more I play, the maps feel kind of aimless (for lack of a better word). Also is Portal dead already? I turned off crossplay (dont want to play with PC players) and there is almost nobody in Portal servers. I only found two that had decent populations and they were only shitty rule TDM games.

There is fun to be had still (graphics are nice, the game seems to run pretty solidly on PS5 and the guns feel snappy) but I've been going back to BF4 and its such a better game that its really staggering to see how DICE has gone down hill ever since.

For those holding out hope that DICE will fix this game, I really hope they do. As it stands though, if this game didn't have Battlefield on the tin I would guess it was some kind of knock off from a different studio.
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CROSS PLAY IS ON BY DEFAULT! Console people getting royally fucked by this. Either play a match against PC players with vastly better aiming or don't find matches. This issue should be a larger topic but as always games media is silent, gamers are too stupid to realize how unfair this is, and the people who do have no voice with which to affect any change.

Gamerguy84

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CROSS PLAY IS ON BY DEFAULT! Console people getting royally fucked by this. Either play a match against PC players with vastly better aiming or don't find matches. This issue should be a larger topic but as always games media is silent, gamers are too stupid to realize how unfair this is, and the people who do have no voice with which to affect any change.
I've been playing conquest for a while and cross play is off. Finding matches immediately.

Might be because it's Thanksgiving, or might be conquest but I'm going to leave it off and see what happens.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Good luck finding matches if you disable cross play. I tried that and couldn't find a single Portal lobby that was filled with more than 20 players. By them enabling cross play by default Dice has screwed over console players big time. This is a total scam the way developers are implementing cross play. Console gamers should be furious about this because now we have to choose between unfair match ups or not being able to find matches. It's total BS
Good luck? I've had cross play off since November 13th with no issues finding a match for any mode.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Got 23 kills with a tank, solo, in one run. That included three helicopters, two hovercraft, and a tank. No badge or anything. What was I noted for in the end game rundown? My four parachute kills from near the start of the match. Heh.

Kenpachii

693333ac181ad286b5e9f2b9c162e985.png

For some reason a few guns can't be golden, that last one that is selected was a pain to level. but i got them all pretty much maxed at this point.

JoeBudden

Jack demonstrating the hit registration problem in the same spot as the attachment farming exploit while playing as Angel lol. I guess it's no secret now.

Last edited:

EDMIX

128 players is too much. It's too chaotic. It's like every map is operation metro, but with vehicles.
Imaging thinking such a thing is some warning to a gamer, be like "too much players, too chaotic" lol Fuck are they suppose to do? Less players, more boring...how the fuck do we know that if they did that you wouldn't just say "32 players is too little, not chaotic enough, I miss the old Battlefield days with chaos and BF movements broz" So I'll take the chaos over the complaints of something boring any fucking day of the week, fuck you think war is? A breeze?
Then try BFBC and BFBC2 and 1943 and half the teams are standing on a cliff or in a bush sniping all match.

lol BF has been that way for a long time, but even when BF3 and BF4 made smaller maps to allow for different styles, they were just attacked for being Call Of Duty clones and not real "BF" etc, I think 2042 does a great job of addressing this with the maps as you have wide open areas for sniping, you have smaller areas where the building can't be destroyed for infantry, you have Portal for even smaller map types etc. I think over the games they have done a great job having many styles.

GOL was just OP in BFBC2 lol, but I took advantage to the fullest lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Jack demonstrating the hit registration problem in the same spot as the attachment farming exploit while playing as Angel lol. I guess it's no secret now.

Shit hit registration. Looks like too much stuff on screen and an enemy being far away is a deadly combo. Hit registration of enemies up close didnt seem too bad at all.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

He is the server on that so would think lag is out of the question especially with bots. This happens ingame for me too. Not often but enough to notice.

Battlefield has no offline mode, its all online u are always connected with dice. ( before people say wow no offline mode, yes no offline mode because it amkes it easier for friend to connect towards those games if they wanna join, but also is the absolute best anti piracy measurement on PC )

What u see here is simple, his bullets do not register because there is delay happening or drops happening which can be a result of all of this.

1) His connection towards his ISP is shit
2) He uses internet such as satellite and wifi which often has drops in data which means desync as u see happening there.
3) His IPS could have issue's with connections towards the Dice servers
4) Server of dice could have issue's at that time. ( angry joe early access )
5) Could have a vpn running that also interferes.
6) Could be doing other things on the background like sending OBS NDI signal over his network that records the footage towards another PC that kills his network connection at way high bitrate or has a slow network adapter / cable intefearance, mixed network hardware issue's etc etc etc.
7) Simple software issue's on his PC.

As dice has servers all over the world and i sit on the amsterdam server most likely as my MS is super low in games always i have no issue's. So the game is perfectly fine on this registration of hits.

So either one of those 6 things could be his issue. as we don't know what connection he got and provided zero to no information about his connection and stats of what it does at that point. Its video is kinda useless.

And yes some internet IPS connections can be absolutely trash, for example a friend of mine lives in the US west coast and his connection towards the west coast servers in any game with his IPS = more MS and drops then i have from amsterdam towards the west coast of the US from gazillion miles away. He uses a VPN just to connect towards a another state to get rid of there dog shit connection drops.

Last edited:

Yeah agreed, I'm just not enjoying it, the increased player count just means you cannot go on a run at all and barely have time to sort yourself out.

I really dislike it and I was a huge bf2 and bf3 player.

Imaging thinking such a thing is some warning to a gamer, be like "too much players, too chaotic" lol Fuck are they suppose to do? Less players, more boring...how the fuck do we know that if they did that you wouldn't just say "32 players is too little, not chaotic enough, I miss the old Battlefield days with chaos and BF movements broz" So I'll take the chaos over the complaints of something boring any fucking day of the week, fuck you think war is? A breeze?

128 players is fucking chaotic though, your constantly getting shot in the back over and over. Theres just no flow to the game.

I think modern warfare 2019 spoiled gunplay for me , in that game the kills and hits had impact to them , like a certain oomph to it , Where as this feels like every other shooter

I'm sure the hardcore gamers will scoff and judge me but I'm sorry I need a carrot dangling in front of me. That carrot takes on different forms for different people but for me when it comes to these multiplayer fps type games that carrot is the dopamine hits from getting xp, unlocking weapons, leveling up etc. I don't enjoy playing for the sake of playing. I need to be working towards something.

Top Bottom