• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 Promises 'Years' of Updates, Acknowledges Fan Complaints

Oh Battlefield 4, you were so great. Look at you now. Fuck.
BF4 had legitimate potential but at the same time it was the game that broke the studio and ended up with a lot of folks leaving not long after it was all fixed up. 2042 no potential can be seen and the studio no longer has the talent to commit to fixing this game let alone putting out another one in current state.

EDMIX

Yeah and BF hasn't been great since then
Pretty much, for the last several titles its just be controversy after controversy. My comment is simply about support post launch.
BF4 had legitimate potential but at the same time it was the game that broke the studio and ended up with a lot of folks leaving not long after it was all fixed up. 2042 no potential can be seen and the studio no longer has the talent to commit to fixing this game let alone putting out another one in current state.

Pretty much. I don't know why people seem to ignore that.

BF4's launch was so horrid, that after those patches and updates, it doing well may have given EA some greenlight that they can just put anything out in any state and just worry about it later. BF4 is one of my favorite in the series, but its the beginning of a lot of this bad behavior, i'd say maybe BF3 started, BF4 continued etc.

I don't even know if I'd say its even a talent thing with the team as a lot of the same people that made lots of stuff in the past games are still there, but if EA is letting any designer walk in and call the shots regardless if they made a BF in the past before, it means even the best map designers are forced to make some weird wide open map based on whats being asked, so its hard to say where that disconnect is happening.

Publisher, designer, developer's individually etc or all of the above.

All i know is the next BF reveal is going to be some wiiiiiiillllld shit. They'd need to be like "a scoreboard will be here day 1 this time" lol

So I'm curious to see how this goes with Zampella overseeing the studio. If he can't do it, I believe its more so EA vs the team solely as that man has yet to put out a bad game imho. We'll see.

In battlefields 4 case the core game and gameplay was there ,it just had connectivity and bugs and stuff,if I remember right it released like 2 expansion packs in first 6 months with like 8 maps.
Fucking 2042 has 7 maps in 7 months

EDMIX

In battlefields 4 case the core game and gameplay was there ,it just had connectivity and bugs and stuff,if I remember right it released like 2 expansion packs in first 6 months with like 8 maps.
Fucking 2042 has 7 maps in 7 months

True, but to my memory they also took a lot a heat for that too. The game had issues for an entire year and EA had the nerve to charge for some map packs of a game people couldn't connect to. As much as I love BF4, that is the beginning of a lot of this.

Fans deserve better then a game they can't connect to, then charged maps afterwards and clearly they deserve better then 2042 as well. As much as I want new content, I don't want rushed maps or anything rushed as thats how we even got here.

BF4's gameplay.
Stability of BF1's launch.
BFV and 2042 free content.

They can aim for something like that or something.

True, but to my memory they also took a lot a heat for that too. The game had issues for an entire year and EA had the nerve to charge for some map packs of a game people couldn't connect to. As much as I love BF4, that is the beginning of a lot of this.

Fans deserve better then a game they can't connect to, then charged maps afterwards and clearly they deserve better then 2042 as well. As much as I want new content, I don't want rushed maps or anything rushed as thats how we even got here.

BF4's gameplay.
Stability of BF1's launch.
BFV and 2042 free content.

They can aim for something like that or something.
what free content in 2042 there is no free/paid content for 8 months.
Bf4 had connectivity issues and some lag issues it's not like u couldn't connect for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.D00p

How dispiriting must it be for the team having to clean this mess up, knowing that no matter what, it won't make any difference...

Top Bottom