• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 - PS5 4K 60FPS Gameplay

rubhen925

Got into the Beta early thanks to EA play. Here's some info and impressions:

- PS5 Install size is 16.54 GB as of version 1.000.001
- game has no modes. PR mentioned it supports 4K 60FPS on PS5.... looks dynamic to me, so we need confirmation on that.
- No in game HDR settings.
- The beta only has one mode, conquest with 128 players.
- There is crossplay between consoles and pc
- you can adjust motion blur, and choose to turn of Chromatic aberration, film grain, lens distortion etc. I did.
- PS5 Dualsense haptics are used when shooting, flying, driving. Causes some resistance.
- I noticed drops in frames when multiple explosions are set off at the same time or back to back. Driving in the tank also had drops
- noticed some bugs such as players stuck on the ground while parachuting, stuck in walls. etc.
- As they mentioned earlier, you can adjust attachments on the fly using L1, but you got to grind to unlock them
- You can hold L1 and R1 to spawn vehicles on your location.

That's about it now. I'll update the thread after some sleep and playing more. What do you guys think of the beta so far? Haven't played a BF game since 4 so enjoying it a lot more than i thought.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Looks surprisilying decent. But i will think i will skip this one and opt for Halo Infinite or wait until a sale, i wodner how PCs are running the game.

So was BC2, BF3, BF4, BF1, COD MW etc. The colour palette doesn’t have anything to do with the genre.

Drab gritty aesthetics is no longer in. And it's never been something I've enjoyed personally. Glad to see them get back to vibrant looks instead of me having to tweak the digital vibrance.

Tarnpanzer

Played one round on SX. HDR looks very good out of the box, so it seems its using the calibration from the system menu of the console. Tested dynamic tonemapping and HGIG on my C9 and HGIG looks better. (In some games I think DT looks better, I always test this for every game with HDR-support)

Yup, that's a Battlefield game.

Look ok, expected more. The pop ins and the LODs are very distracting. I thought we'd get rid of those this gen... guess I was wrong.

MikeM

Played a round this morning on Series X. Runs better than I thought it would. Look good and overall, compared to Warzone its not even close. The use of the adjustable triggers on PS5 is enticing.

Portugeezer

Visuals don't look too hot, but I guess they have to account for 128 players doing crazy shit..

Hopefully an old build.

Colours look too vibrant. Also the movement animation is a step back even from BF3.

You're pretty much the reason why video games during the late-00's and early-10's looked like shit. The game is nowhere near vibrant. I play ArmA 3 on a regular basis and it has about as much color as this game.

If you want your edgy war art direction where you barely see anything than go play Battlefield 3.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

Soooooo much running. That’s what bothers me about battlefield. Then you get killed and is more Running around to find any action. Maybe I’m approaching the game wrong

Game looks gorgeous though.
you cant win the battle on your own, just focus on a small part of the map to attack/defend

you can use vehicles to got another small block if you get bored

Fake

WTH this game is so colorful? Is this a BF5 thing? I hate this saturation.

Last edited:

Thanati

Soooooo much running. That’s what bothers me about battlefield. Then you get killed and is more Running around to find any action. Maybe I’m approaching the game wrong

Game looks gorgeous though.
This.

I actually prefer the BF games to COD at times but when you die in BF, you often have to trudge so far back to the action, it can be a pain.

Bad company 2 and Battlefield 2 got it right though. There was just the right amount of map size, so it never felt like a chore.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This looks like BF4 and BF3 with lots of running and small skirmishes instead of the all out war they perfected in BF1. What a huge downgrade.

I know this is what BF players want, but there is a reason why BF1 sold better than any BF before it and since. I will never understand why DICE looked at a winning formula and decided to throw it away to appease a fanbase that just wants to play BF4 over and over again.

AMSCD

Drab gritty aesthetics is no longer in. And it's never been something I've enjoyed personally. Glad to see them get back to vibrant looks instead of me having to tweak the digital vibrance.
I, for one, celebrate the retirement of orange and blue colour grading.

rushgore

You're pretty much the reason why video games during the late-00's and early-10's looked like shit. The game is nowhere near vibrant. I play ArmA 3 on a regular basis and it has about as much color as this game.

If you want your edgy war art direction where you barely see anything than go play Battlefield 3.
No, I’m not the reason for that.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

CheeseCake

Maybe it's just me but it doesn't feel like Battlefield anymore...

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

It feels like another company taking their shot at competing against the likes of Halo, COD, Apex, etc...

Either way, looks like I'm gonna have to wait for a sale for this one.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Battlefield has a history the only time it wasn’t taken seriously was Hardline. Bad Company games were still aggressive, tactical smart shooters.

Mossybrew

Looks good OP, thanks for sharing. I doubt I'll bother with the beta because I already know I'm getting the game.

And those of you complaining about running in BF, you should give Hell Let Loose a shot. BF feels like instant action by comparison.

Top Bottom