• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Review Thread

Screenshot-2021-11-20-205729.png

EA probably regrets launching it on Steam.
Mostly trolls...

j0hnnix

So the bug where you join breakthrough and can't deploy has a work around, at least I haven't read if anyone has mentioned it - it's annoying. Anyways, when going into a new breakthrough match it indicates 0 players, you can cancel , switch to conquest and join then cancel and switch back to breakthrough to get into a match. Just always make sure it shows 128 players.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
So the bug where you join breakthrough and can't deploy has a work around, at least I haven't read if anyone has mentioned it - it's annoying. Anyways, when going into a new breakthrough match it indicates 0 players, you can cancel , switch to conquest and join then cancel and switch back to breakthrough to get into a match. Just always make sure it shows 128 players.
This bug happens on Conquest, too.

Quitting out back to the main menu “fixes” it.

winjer

Gold Member
Mostly trolls...
So you are saying that all those bugs, gameplay issues, UI problems, optimization problems, bad game mechanics, that so many people have been reporting and proving with screenshots and videos, are false?
Should paying costumers not have the right to the product they paid (a lot) for?
Should a company have the right to scam costumers with no consequence?

Seems to me that YOU are the troll.
Or maybe you work for EA and/or Dice.

PsyEd

I got it on PC and it is in junk state now. But on saying that dice always fixes their games at that state...heck I remember how many times BF4 crashed on me for Ps4.

Anyway I had some fun games with few of my mates...but when I say "fun"...I mean accidenal comedy moments...some bugs are at epic level...like once during and epic gun fight a team of enemies just fell/clipped through the elevator....I just couldn't stop laughing. Or the other time my jet was stuck in the air for some reason. Now I'm waiting for a video by that crowbcat guy on this.

Anyway BG DICE...I'm glad that you'll never do another Star Wars game. Let's see how long it takes you to fix 2042...hopefully not till 2042.

Soulja

The bugs in this game piss me off but none more than not being able to respawn which means I have to quit the game. Seriously dice, you guys are fucking morons.

This is the best comment I’ve seen on this thread for a long time. You are literally in the minority of those who absolutely adore the game so saying ‘mostly trolls’ is nonsense at this stage.

The games a proper joke at this point and you and a few others rush to it’s defence like the problems don’t exist. It’s so strange.
Theres a few of them in here...complete fanboy apologists. DICE couldve shit on a rock and handed it to them and theyd still be here telling people how the diarrhea smells so good tho. Dont worry about the corn and bits ....itll get better!!!

Sygma

Finally got my new pc set up and didn't run into a single bug for now, the only thing which is slightly irritating for me is the animation of the medpack when thrown away

Other than that it runs like a dream on an i5 12600k / ddr 4 at 4400 / 2080ti / windows 11, 100 - 130 fps in 1440p maxed out in Breakthrough at 128 players.

Fun fact the lowest fps in 2042 is higher than in Horizon 5

Last edited:

Phase

Finally got my new pc set up and didn't run into a single bug for now, the only thing which is slightly irritating for me is the animation of the medpack when thrown away

Other than that it runs like a dream on an i5 12600k / ddr 4 at 4400 / 2080ti / windows 11, 100 - 130 fps in 1440p maxed out in Breakthrough at 128 players.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Pretty odd running 2042 on my 5950x 3090 system at 1440p max settings I get between 110-120 ish and only around 80 fps at 4k max settings

But I do agree those frames are slightly better then Forza for me as well

So was playing this on series x today and the game dropped to like 5 fps and wouldn't go back up went to the Xbox home and even that was extremely laggy had to restart my Xbox to get things back to normal

R6Rider

Gold Member
The Condor (VTOL) is by far my favorite vehicle in the game. It's fun as a pilot blasting around objective to objective, and also fun as a gunner. The 40mm grenade launcher is super satisfying.

Almost rank 50 now, but not sure on a favorite or least favorite map yet. Manifest on Conquest is up there near the top, that's for sure.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Want to know if healing darts can kill, if you can drop a supply crate on an enemy, if Dozer’s shield can eat a rocket, or if there’s backblast in Battlefield 2042? Join us for the top things we had to test, some of it might surprise you.

Despite its flaws, I'm having lots of fun. Last night though I had all the bugs happen to me. Stuck in revive screen, missing loadout.
But I'm having a blast, especially when I have a full squad with friends.

Finally tried breakthrough and it was refreshing not being constantly raped by vehicles.

SJRB

Gold Member
So is using the medic lady an XP farm? I swear to god literally every round two out of three players use that old lady.

It's so insane how it's always glide lady or senior citizen medic lady in the top 3.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
People have figured out that it's impossible to report people as a match is ending, so they're launching racist tirades at the end of matches. Spoilers for NSFW racism

LGeCx4e.png

It's getting bad. One dude was even throwing out his ex's phone number and a link to an imgur album of her nudes

Divus

So is using the medic lady an XP farm? I swear to god literally every round two out of three players use that old lady.

It's so insane how it's always glide lady or senior citizen medic lady in the top 3.
Its either her, flying squirrel (Sundance), or armor dude (Angel) at the end of every round. After playing the gave for a couple dozen hours the only other person I might play as is Boris (turret guy). Sundance is practically OP compared to the rest of them though.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Played a few matches of Hazard Zone and it's pretty fun with a squad of friends. We always go for max drives before exfil.

Kenpachii

After playing it for a entire other day, i must say this is straight up what battlefield is. Game ran wonderful the entire time didn't had a single crash or glitch or anything ( besides reflections which tend to bug out at times with weird refletions but hardly a problem ). Everything as u expect it to be.

I feel like lots of those video's are overblown to the point they tried there hardest to search for something on the internet and compiled it. Now i dunno how the 4 days of early access has been maybe it was heavily bugged, but i play the game from its actual release date and i have had absolute zero problems for tons of matches i did in all kinds of modes today.

So yea there is that.

Last edited:
This is the best comment I’ve seen on this thread for a long time. You are literally in the minority of those who absolutely adore the game so saying ‘mostly trolls’ is nonsense at this stage.

The games a proper joke at this point and you and a few others rush to it’s defence like the problems don’t exist. It’s so strange.
I guess TLOU II had tons of problems too...

DonJorginho

Banned
40+ hours in over here on the PS5.... still loving the game overall despite it's flaws and the lack of content.

Breakthrough is definitely the future of Battlefield, nothing beats this mode when you get into a match that clicks. True balls to the wall insanity.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Looks shite;

Remember how Dunky normally makes a commentary track to make fun and drive you towards the point he is trying to make for the sake of a gag.

Notice how this video just shows trailers and release gameplay and let's you without any prompting come to your own conclusion, normally laughing along by the time the video ends by how stupid what your seeing is.

Yeah in court this is called "let the evidence speak for itself" he released this because any script he could up with would be less ridiculous or stupid than just playing the game would be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom