• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Review Thread

[
So do you understand why people would be upset now? By continually releasing broken games?
This one aint broken...its straight up unfinished. That worse. I can accept balancing issues and glitches. Especially when trying new things. (Maybe they shoulve beta tested more) But this game needs another 4 to 6 months in the oven.

vdopey

I got some PSN gift cards from shopto 14% off ended up buying this last week and boy do I regret it.

It just unfortunately sucks, aiming and shooting just feels off I cant tell who the enemy is I don't have a clue what is going on I spawn a few seconds later I die, I couldn't seem to find a score board either. I played vanguard open beta thought it sucked so skipped it and I was playing that pretty much this whole free weekend, I am probably going to end up buying it.

Booted into this absolutely hated it, why do they insist on having like a half an hour un-skippable intro (same bullshit with battlefield v) they dump you into this beginner intro map I was firing the guns and it just played like ass, shot like ass aiming was off gun felt shit everything felt shit. Got into an actual match played for 5 minutes couldn't be bothered logged out booted into vanguard (which actually was surprisingly good - the open beta did it no justice) the gun-play just feels off the whole game it looks pretty but that's about it there is just something off about it. I also tried going into the other zone thing no idea what that is all about - I mean the whole game is just menu after menu after menu of options these portal things no idea what that is all about, its just too much shit and it isn't fun.

JoeBudden

So do you understand why people would be upset now? By continually releasing broken games?

Most people are just being over dramatic. Yeah there's a million issues with the game, and it's clearly lacking content, but it's still fun to me at the end of the day. None of the individual issues with the game are as serious as Returnals crashes earlier this year, there's just A LOT of bugs and issues.

This game definitely isn't worthy of the "worst user reviewed game on Steam" title, especially when BF4 had an objectively worse launch. It's clear it's just trolls dog piling.

Last edited:

JoeBudden

I got some PSN gift cards from shopto 14% off ended up buying this last week and boy do I regret it.

It just unfortunately sucks, aiming and shooting just feels off I cant tell who the enemy is I don't have a clue what is going on I spawn a few seconds later I die, I couldn't seem to find a score board either. I played vanguard open beta thought it sucked so skipped it and I was playing that pretty much this whole free weekend, I am probably going to end up buying it.

Booted into this absolutely hated it, why do they insist on having like a half an hour un-skippable intro (same bullshit with battlefield v) they dump you into this beginner intro map I was firing the guns and it just played like ass, shot like ass aiming was off gun felt shit everything felt shit. Got into an actual match played for 5 minutes couldn't be bothered logged out booted into vanguard (which actually was surprisingly good - the open beta did it no justice) the gun-play just feels off the whole game it looks pretty but that's about it there is just something off about it. I also tried going into the other zone thing no idea what that is all about - I mean the whole game is just menu after menu after menu of options these portal things no idea what that is all about, its just too much shit and it isn't fun.

Default aim settings are really bad. Make sure you kill your deadzones in the controller tuning settings and turn on uniform aiming.

Most people are just being over dramatic. Yeah there's a million issues with the game, and it's clearly lacking content, but it's still fun to me at the end of the day. None of the individual issues with the game are as serious as Returnals crashes earlier this year, there's just A LOT of bugs and issues.

This game definitely isn't worthy of the "worst user reviewed game on Steam" title, especially when BF4 had an objectively worse launch. It's clear it's just trolls dog piling.
Or maybe DICE ate up all the spotlight and hype and rushed to get that holiday release and severely underdelivered. You know its nonsense when people keep bringin up Battlefield 4 launch from like 9 years ago. DICE has released how many online shooters since BF4? Star wars Battlefront, BF1, Battlefront 2, BF V. 4 major shooters since BF 4 and they cant get the basics down. It might not deserve worst reviewed game on steam but DICE deserves the heat.

JoeBudden

Or maybe DICE ate up all the spotlight and hype and rushed to get that holiday release and severely underdelivered. You know its nonsense when people keep bringin up Battlefield 4 launch from like 9 years ago. DICE has released how many online shooters since BF4? Star wars Battlefront, BF1, Battlefront 2, BF V. 4 major shooters since BF 4 and they cant get the basics down. It might not deserve worst reviewed game on steam but DICE deserves the heat.

Its definitely a rushed product but I really don't understand what you expect us to do about it in this thread with you guys constantly bitching about the game lol.

The best thing for you guys to do is not give DICE any money and just move on with your lives. Spending days in this thread complaining and antagonizing people who are having fun with the game is just some loser ass shit.

Its definitely a rushed product but I really don't understand what you expect us to do about it in this thread with you guys constantly bitching about the game lol.

The best thing for you guys to do is not give DICE any money and just move on with your lives. Spending days in this thread complaining and antagonizing people who are having fun with the game is just some loser ass shit.
My man...this is for a FORUM for discussion. And this ISNT the Battlefield 2042 OT. Were disscussing why the game got bad reviews. You seem to be the one taking it personal with a victim complex. Thats some real loser ass shit.

THEAP99

Banned

"It sucks but it's fun who cares" is SUCH a cop-out excuse for unfinished junk and I am so sick and tired of it. DEMAND BETTER

JoeBudden

My man...this is for a FORUM for discussion. And this ISNT the Battlefield 2042 OT. Were disscussing why the game got bad reviews. You seem to be the one taking it personal with a victim complex. Thats some real loser ass shit.

Victim complex? The guy who was picking a fight with me ended up announcing hes now ignoring me lmao.

There's no discussion with some of these guys. Its just a miserable circle jerk. I already said the game is unfinished, has a million issues, lacking content, DICE always drops broken games, etc, but they mad at me cause I'm still having fun with it lol.

[
Victim complex? The guy who was picking a fight with me ended up announcing hes now ignoring me lmao.

There's no discussion with some of these guys. Its just a miserable circle jerk. I already said the game is unfinished, has a million issues, lacking content, DICE always drops broken games, etc, but they mad at me cause I'm still having fun with it lol.
You got me there...I aint about ruining anyones fun with video games. Thats what this is all about. Im just giving perspective. Have fun

EDMIX

Or maybe DICE ate up all the spotlight and hype and rushed to get that holiday release
The game was already delayed to avoid launch of PS5 and Series X, for all we know if it came out last year it would be without Portal mode or Hazard etc similar to how you see Halo launching with MP first and then SP and then Co-op etc, secondly that is up to EA, DICE has nothing to actually do with that.
DICE has released how many online shooters since BF4? Star wars Battlefront, BF1, Battlefront 2, BF V. 4 major shooters since BF 4 and they cant get the basics down. I

Maybe that should tell you such a concept isn't basic. None of us here have just put out some massive IP for 2 decades and in charge of some 800 man team while making an engine lol. I mean...how many times does it need to happen like this where it gets patched and updated over time for you to get its not a copy and paste thing? It would be like me crying after ever Windows OS release like "why so many patches, why so many bugs, ahhhh another update, MS has put out how many Operating Systems since 95? 98? Windows ME? lol and day can't get da bAsiCz dOwNz"

At some point sir, it should be clear the thing being talked about doesn't really sound basic, if no team really has some masterful copy and paste thing where all issues are avoided at launch of a roll out of a MP title. Their workflow of patch, update, balance over time imho is to be expected at this point.

"It sucks but it's fun who cares" is SUCH a cop-out excuse

nah, if they are having fun, I see no reason to force this "excuse" thing, they don't need to explain having fun to you or anyone else. Fuck are you going to do about it? smh.

You demand, picket, boycott, protest, cry, put up a petition and fight to good fight sir. Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated, but you choose to do that, others can still have fun with this game while you are dong all that lol I'd argue the overreaction and fake outrage hurts real fucking criticisms, be like "WHO TOLD YOU HAVE FUN?" lol

For fuck sake, you telling me now having fun with the game will have users attack other users, yet you are shocked that people don't fucking take some of these things seriously? How could they? Someone having fun is triggering you as if they need to make some ultimate sacrifice for the greater good. Watch us find out you are running for Gaming Governor and this is part of your platform. Be like "Fun....but who cares? I care...., I put morals, values and faith over FUN any day, demand better, I pledge to have NO FUN until this is resolved vote THEAP99 2021" This is a video game sir, if they are having fun, that isn't an excuse, that is the purpose of the game. I'm sure they want those issues fixed, but that doesn't mean they will just avoid the game cause you do or something.

I don't know what to tell you man, you going to be sick and tired of lots of people having free will, it sounds like a silly thing to get upset by. Be mad that the game was put out in this state, not that someone had fun with a video game....thats just....maybe too ridiculous and unnecessary

EDMIX

This is one of the biggest reasons why many BF fans will ignore lots of reviews btw. Its not even that they are not factoring them, its that they'll vote with what they see here. You can tell them 100x that its like this or that, but when they see shit like this, the want in on that fun, will worry about patches and updates later. For better or worse, this still holds a lot of weight. So I think users thinking they can um...guilt people into not having fun or giving them a list of things they read off of reddit, doesn't mean shit when they see stuff like this.

Last edited:

JoeBudden

This is one of the biggest reasons why many BF fans will ignore lots of reviews btw. Its not even that they are not factoring them, its that they'll vote with what they see here. You can tell them 100x that its like this or that, but when they see shit like this, the want in on that fun, will worry about patches and updates later. For better or worse, this still holds a lot of weight. So I think users thinking they can um...guilt people into not having fun or giving them a list of things they read off of reddit, doesn't mean shit when they see stuff like this.

Most BF fans ignore the reviews because we've been here so many times at launch and ended up with one of the best multiplayer experiences out, several months later. Yeah it's shitty and unacceptable, but it is what it is. You just don't get Battlefield anywhere else.

Like, if I'm going to protest this game and DICE, what the fuck is the alternative to this lol:

BiotypE

Neo Member
I never post here, mostly lurk but I gotta say this game is not battlefield. I have 1000s of hours into BF BC2 and BF 2/3/4/5.
Anyone playing on console is at a huge disadvantage in BF 2042. Your playing against PC players M/K without a functional auto-aim. Portal would be awesome if you could exclude M/K players and there would be enough players in the lobbies. Sadly, without crossplay turned on there are no populated portal games to join. So your pretty much forced to hop on servers with PC players without auto-aim which is extremely frustrating.

As other have posted, all of the maps are vehicle heavy, not a lot of opportunit

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
A friend linked this to me a little bit ago.

This is beyond broken:

There is no reason why that lock on should persist that long, let alone persist after swapping loadouts.

And yet people are still desperately trying to lick them EA boots.

Glad I never bought this rubbish. Was clear from the trial it was a shit show.

BiotypE

Neo Member
I never post here. This game has me riled up.

The biggest problem with this game is the pacing is way off. It just does not feel like a BF game, it feels like COD made love to a poor mans version of BF and this is what we got. Aside from bullets not hitting what your aiming at, which pretty important in the FPS genre, the maps are not infantry based at all. If your not in a vehicle you might as well just pack it in or camp inside a building at one of the capture point the entire game.

My biggest complaint outside of the millions of bugs is that console players are at an extreme disadvantage. Auto-aim is broken and turning cross play off so you can be competitive, is almost a non-option if you want to play any of the custom games in portal or the BFbc2 or 3 dev content. Nobody is in the lobbies with cross play off. So, you are forced to play against KB/M players with no auto-aim and no console option to use a KB/M on console. It is infuriating to the point I'm about to uninstall this turd and check back in a year.

If you enjoy getting your ass spanked by PC players, this is the game for you. If you like venturing outside in this game and don't mind getting shot from 100 different directions, this game is for you. If you don't like squad play or the ability to communicate, this game is for you. If you like that what your aiming at can't be hit because of bloom, this game is for you. What it currently is not, is a good BF game. Dice has produced a few of the best games in my long life of gaming but they keep breaking what does not need to be fixed. Instead of refining the game it's like they started from scratch and lost along the way, what made this franchise so great. You can't flank, everyone is using sensory grenades or using a class that lights enemies up on the map. There is no strategy when playing this game. Technically, it has decent bones. Everything else is just a mess. It's almost like a different team made this game.

I think that even if they patch this game and fix most of the bugs, it still won't be a BF game. Yeah, it's just a game...but I was hoping I would get thousands of hours of enjoyment out of it as I have in past iterations. Instead, it's just a broken game that tries too hard to be something it isn't and completely broke what attracted people to this franchise in the first place. Perhaps tastes have changed and this is what people wanted...but this ain't no BF game, its something else entirely.

EDMIX

I never post here, mostly lurk but I gotta say this game is not battlefield. I have 1000s of hours into BF BC2 and BF 2/3/4/5.
Anyone playing on console is at a huge disadvantage in BF 2042. Your playing against PC players M/K without a functional auto-aim. Portal would be awesome if you could exclude M/K players and there would be enough players in the lobbies. Sadly, without crossplay turned on there are no populated portal games to join. So your pretty much forced to hop on servers with PC players without auto-aim which is extremely frustrating.

As other have posted, all of the maps are vehicle heavy, not a lot of opportunit
I never post here. This game has me riled up.

The biggest problem with this game is the pacing is way off. It just does not feel like a BF game, it feels like COD made love to a poor mans version of BF and this is what we got. Aside from bullets not hitting what your aiming at, which pretty important in the FPS genre, the maps are not infantry based at all. If your not in a vehicle you might as well just pack it in or camp inside a building at one of the capture point the entire game.

My biggest complaint outside of the millions of bugs is that console players are at an extreme disadvantage. Auto-aim is broken and turning cross play off so you can be competitive, is almost a non-option if you want to play any of the custom games in portal or the BFbc2 or 3 dev content. Nobody is in the lobbies with cross play off. So, you are forced to play against KB/M players with no auto-aim and no console option to use a KB/M on console. It is infuriating to the point I'm about to uninstall this turd and check back in a year.

If you enjoy getting your ass spanked by PC players, this is the game for you. If you like venturing outside in this game and don't mind getting shot from 100 different directions, this game is for you. If you don't like squad play or the ability to communicate, this game is for you. If you like that what your aiming at can't be hit because of bloom, this game is for you. What it currently is not, is a good BF game. Dice has produced a few of the best games in my long life of gaming but they keep breaking what does not need to be fixed. Instead of refining the game it's like they started from scratch and lost along the way, what made this franchise so great. You can't flank, everyone is using sensory grenades or using a class that lights enemies up on the map. There is no strategy when playing this game. Technically, it has decent bones. Everything else is just a mess. It's almost like a different team made this game.

I think that even if they patch this game and fix most of the bugs, it still won't be a BF game. Yeah, it's just a game...but I was hoping I would get thousands of hours of enjoyment out of it as I have in past iterations. Instead, it's just a broken game that tries too hard to be something it isn't and completely broke what attracted people to this franchise in the first place. Perhaps tastes have changed and this is what people wanted...but this ain't no BF game, its something else entirely.

1942 combat is clearly not the same as Battlefield 2 and clearly that is not the same as 2142 and clearly that is not the same as bad company with the inclusion of a single player mode in removing prone along with other changes....

So my friend I also have thousands of hours in the battlefield Series in the only consistent thing I could argue is that there is no consistency in regards to specific mechanics or even movement or gadgets in fact I would argue one of the things the series is known for is even drastically changing those things instead of just trying to live off of some copy and paste design.

So to tell us this "derr not a Battlefield game" has become the funniest meme because that's the same comment pretty much used for every single Battlefield.

Even looking back the how bad company series was received when it first released a bunch of backlash on not releasing a PC version of the first game even more backlash for a single-player story along with no prone arguing "clearly this is not Battlefield" only for in hindsight for the games to be praised years later...

So as someone that's followed a lot of this closely thru the generations, I don't really know if I could just tell you off of one day how something is going to be received because using this logic none of those fucking games you listed should have even been liked in the first place based on a bunch of "outrage" over this and that. So when you say something like this is not Battlefield consider the battlefield you are talkin about have been claimed to not be Battlefield as well so at this point who really fucking cares?

The more the series changes the more this becomes a joke and it's very difficult to try to pretend there ever was this exact mechanic or movement that was a default to the series not even a fucking time period is a default for this series lol

The only thing we could say that is "Battlefield" is some sort of squad-based team set up with vehicular Combat on large Maps....

It is the only constant in the entire series.

For all you know, 4 years later some other BF comes out and someone states "I never post here, but Battlefield Vietnam 2 da Revenge has me riled up, its not a Battlefield, 2042 got it right"

Don't believe me?

Notice how folks keep praising BF4, remember that games fucking launch sir, it was not filed with "BEST EVAz" it was filled with "this isn't BF" and or "this is call of duty" and or "this is broken, I can't play it, worst ever". How do we know in years time, its not seen as a beloved entry?

The game was already delayed to avoid launch of PS5 and Series X, for all we know if it came out last year it would be without Portal mode or Hazard etc similar to how you see Halo launching with MP first and then SP and then Co-op etc, secondly that is up to EA, DICE has nothing to actually do with that.

Maybe that should tell you such a concept isn't basic. None of us here have just put out some massive IP for 2 decades and in charge of some 800 man team while making an engine lol. I mean...how many times does it need to happen like this where it gets patched and updated over time for you to get its not a copy and paste thing? It would be like me crying after ever Windows OS release like "why so many patches, why so many bugs, ahhhh another update, MS has put out how many Operating Systems since 95? 98? Windows ME? lol and day can't get da bAsiCz dOwNz"
Why is there no game chat? Why cant we edit or change squads in game?

EDMIX

Why is there no game chat? Why cant we edit or change squads in game?

Thats a great question, what ever they got going on with their engine, I'm sure they know it more then us. They'll likely patch and update all of that. It might have been effecting something and updating it later probably made more sense then releasing the game with it and having issues with that one feature or something.

Keep in mind, I recall several BF launching this way and adding in such things post launch, I think people just exaggerate and either don't remember a lot of that or think what they got used to for 500 hours was legit how it was day 1.

Its why I like to remember those crazy times and not let my love for any one BF just cloud my judgement into making it sound like such things have ALWAYS been day 1 or questionable absence.

Before I question what is not normal, I need to first look up what is normal regarding this. So you could have asked that same question with several BF launches and I'm sure you had fun with prior Battlefields regardless. Have a good one

Thats a great question, what ever they got going on with their engine, I'm sure they know it more then us. They'll likely patch and update all of that. It might have been effecting something and updating it later probably made more sense then releasing the game with it and having issues with that one feature or something.
Or they could have delayed the game a few months and actually fixed alot of these core issues and then had a way better launch.🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Some of these Steam reviews....

OfwNxLo.png

EDMIX

Or they could have delayed the game a few months and actually fixed alot of these core issues and then had a way better launch.🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh I agree, but we could say that about the link I put up of BF3 and that game turned out just fine. Games get patched and updated not for a few weeks, but years....so even if they put it out in a few months and you got that issue fixed.

Its release in those months would just have someone complain about some other issue and be like "they could have delayed the game a few" and here we go lol Something can always be better, no complaints here, but using this logic....Star Citizen better launch flawless, zero issues. If continually working on something really is the key issue, that game should prove its feasible and its more finite then dynamic or something.

I personally believe its one of those things that is able to get updated, patched, balanced etc better when its live and they have tons of feedback vs in a bubble. Maybe they don't believe that issue was big enough to delay it, who knows, they didn't about BF3 and other BFs that didn't launch with that feature so....

BiotypE

Neo Member
1942 combat is clearly not the same as Battlefield 2 and clearly that is not the same as 2142 and clearly that is not the same as bad company with the inclusion of a single player mode in removing prone along with other changes....

So my friend I also have thousands of hours in the battlefield Series in the only consistent thing I could argue is that there is no consistency in regards to specific mechanics or even movement or gadgets in fact I would argue one of the things the series is known for is even drastically changing those things instead of just trying to live off of some copy and paste design.

So to tell us this "derr not a Battlefield game" has become the funniest meme because that's the same comment pretty much used for every single Battlefield.

Even looking back the how bad company series was received when it first released a bunch of backlash on not releasing a PC version of the first game even more backlash for a single-player story along with no prone arguing "clearly this is not Battlefield" only for in hindsight for the games to be praised years later...

So as someone that's followed a lot of this closely thru the generations, I don't really know if I could just tell you off of one day how something is going to be received because using this logic none of those fucking games you listed should have even been liked in the first place based on a bunch of "outrage" over this and that. So when you say something like this is not Battlefield consider the battlefield you are talkin about have been claimed to not be Battlefield as well so at this point who really fucking cares?

The more the series changes the more this becomes a joke and it's very difficult to try to pretend there ever was this exact mechanic or movement that was a default to the series not even a fucking time period is a default for this series lol

The only thing we could say that is "Battlefield" is some sort of squad-based team set up with vehicular Combat on large Maps....

It is the only constant in the entire series.

For all you know, 4 years later some other BF comes out and someone states "I never post here, but Battlefield Vietnam 2 da Revenge has me riled up, its not a Battlefield, 2042 got it right"

Don't believe me?

Notice how folks keep praising BF4, remember that games fucking launch sir, it was not filed with "BEST EVAz" it was filled with "this isn't BF" and or "this is call of duty" and or "this is broken, I can't play it, worst ever". How do we know in years time, its not seen as a beloved entry?
Good points for sure. A lot of this can get patched. And yes, I remember the launch of BF4 as tragic as it was. It isn't the bugs that have me riled up as those can get fixed (Sadly, releasing buggy games seems to be the way of the world now). It's that the core mechanics that made the series something different are either gone, overdone or severely gimped. Patch in squad communication, fix the auto-aim so cross play isn't an exercise in frustration for console players and roll out some maps that are infantry centric and I might revisit my current opinion but as it sits right now, it is a broken chaotic mess and the increase in player count has exacerbated this games current limitations by orders of magnitude.

Of any of the BF games I have played, this one needs the most work to get it to a place where I feel the core mechanics are to a level that I feel put the BF series on the map. Things like, robust squad play, being able to plan a strategy to take an objective that has a chance of working, not feeling like you are immediately visible to all enemies so you can deploy military maneuvers to take an objective etc. All of the prior games handled these aspect relatively well and to varying degrees of success and then there is BF 2042. I want this game to succeed! Everyone has options on what they like and don't like, in my humble opinion, they keep straying further away from the formula that made the BF series special and something other than run and gun with vehicles.

Kenpachii

This is what battlefield used to be before they made all those garbage versions called bf4 / bf1 and bf5.

1) Push visuals forwards on PC something that on consoles couldn't be done at the time ( so pushing tech forwards hard )
2) Actual battlefield with all stuff on it, cars / planes / boats instead of just a counterstrike clone where u walking around in a walled garden with a gun and that's it in first person view and that's it. nothing else.
3) Lots of players on the map fighting eachother what actually feels like a battlefield.
4) world war simulator

Everything else is simple just extra.

2042 does exactly all of it, And in my opinion after playing today its probably the best battlefield after 3 everything else can be canned from my memory really.

Why did i put BF4 with it? well it was basically a map pack towards BF3 and that's what people back in the day even stated and i agree with them, i wouldn't even call it a battlefield main line game really just a expansion.

The reason BF4 was so lackbusting was because EA started the focus on consoles because COD had massive success on expanding towards it when they lost the PC crowd towards battlefield so they wanted to dig into that market also because money. which resulted in the stale dog shit we got further down the line ( well a part of it )

Honestly i will not be shocked if 2042 will be remembered as one of the better battlefields specially if dice goes the next 2 versions full retard again and drops fixes and the features in BF 2042 what people want eventually this year. It's straight up a evolution u would expect over BF3.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Things like, robust squad play, being able to plan a strategy to take an objective that has a chance of working, not feeling like you are immediately visible to all enemies so you can deploy military maneuvers to take an objective etc

I don't see much stopping you from doing those things.

So this "robust squad play" has always been up to the user, the fucking game doesn't just do some jedi mind trick and force people to care about that.

You could have argued about being "immediately visible" on any BF with spotting, why not stop the series then? =)

So I agree the chat stuff needs to be patched, but its already happening and BF3 and many others didn't have that launch day, yet we lived...

formula that made the BF series special

Yea you going to need to be more specific then that, so much of what you are saying is so fucking broad and vague, its almost as if you want to just leave it up to feels "special" to define those games. You still need to quantify these things so we can even get to the bottom of what 2042 needs to be fixed.

The core concept is there.

Large scale map, vehicular combat, gadgets, capturing objectives, squad based and or team abilities lol I'm not saying the game doesn't need to be fixed or doesn't need updates to get to speed, simply that you need to relax on the exaggerating this "made the BF series special" and turning it into this whole emotional you are in a relationship with the fucking game, quantify what is being talked about. This feature allowed this, this move allowed this, this feature made this feasible etc You can barely even define that "formula". At the least start there. I like the series too man, I have thousands of hours in it, but leave that "love" or "emotion" or "special" shit at the door when just talking about what it needs to be fixed and corrected etc as it can just start to sound like I either loooooove BF3 too much or I looooove 2042 too much lol I need to be able to get the point across on what it does well and what it does poorly without some bias that I like or hate something to an odd degree or based on something that can't be measured.

As far as I can see, folks can capture points on large maps, they can revive, they can give out health, ammo, spot enemies, destroy vehicles, repair them etc This can be quantified ,we can factually state what is going on and at least debate its effectiveness vs "made the BF series special". I feel the same way about BF, but the things I enjoyed about those games, I can still enjoy about this one based on lots of feed back and footage. Until we get to a Star Fox Zero or Metal Gear Survive level of wtf is going on, I think 2042 isn't near as bad as a series can get and its core elements are intact. We are just not at a point where its not even the same genre like we've seen in many series to exaggerate pretending its not a BF, its simply not a BF you currently like....

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Tried this a couple of times on Breakthrough and got 114 assists in one match so they much be counting every person I spotted as an assist?

Did get around 20k XP but it become boring quite fast

Did like 10 matches or something with it, i get about 25k on average sometimes 30k. it works well specially in that mode he was talking about. U just drop in a huge group those sensors and u get a fuck ton of experience from them.

Got like 5 levels or something this evening. Will keep on doing this until 60 so i can get that anti tank gun before they fix this shit.

edit oh about how it works

every player sensor registers or gets close towards the sensor u get 5 exp and they get tagged for a while. if a friend or anybody kills him u get the full kill experience of 50 exp. So if you drop it in a tight spot for example 2 of them, both give you experience, and 15 people are getting mowed down there, u get like 30x50 and 30x5 experience + tons of bonus experience through banners or whatever they call them which gives like 1000/500 at times. Now if you put your drone above them on top of it u get even more experience from another area that isn't hit by your sensors but covered by your drone.

If u however find it boring as fuck, just drop those sensors in a group and start doing whatever u do normally, i would get ammo crate to restock tho.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Why did i put BF4 with it? well it was basically a map pack towards BF3 and that's what people back in the day even stated and i agree with them

I'm triggered you said this lol

I agree though. I still like BF4 and I think they needed to continue a modern thing if they knew they would be doing back to back WWI and WWII

Honestly i will not be shocked if 2042 will be remembered as one of the better battlefields specially if dice goes the next 2 versions full retard again

Thats how I see a lot of this lol We've heard sooooo much outrage shit over BF's that launch like this, yet years later people are like "BF4.....da best BF in Da HISTORYZ" lol So who knows at this point. I believe the narrative will be that Portal saved it, but I believe that its longevity will be based on how Portal is updated.

Like allowing private servers, adding in other BF titles in terms of rules etc. I think its a mode that folks will demand after this game and watch years from now, its one of the first things people will be asking about once a new BF is announced. I recall years ago during the whole BFV debacle stating that BF fans would be ok with some alternate universe BF were all the maps existed and all timelines would be going on as we just don't give a shit about some history thing, BF has always been about mad, crazy wild moments, and here we are with Portal. If they do a Portal Only title, I don't even think it would see the same sales, but I do believe it would see much more glowing reviews as I find people have a hard time dealing with any major change, especially with MP titles they put hudnreds of hours in lol

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 lol I remember back in the day where that was a thankless job, be like "well you are fucking welcome for putting the team ON MY BACK" lol Someone needs to do it, its about we, not me.....but for real I need more points for this shit lol

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Tried this a couple of times on Breakthrough and got 114 assists in one match so they much be counting every person I spotted as an assist?

Yep. If you want to advance quickly without putting in much effort, hiding near an objective and simply spotting enemies with the recon drone will get you lots of XP fast. Every spot is 5 xp, every assist is 50 xp, and the ribbons will pile up. I played threee matches getting over 80 assists in each to quickly go from level 14 or 15 to 18 so I could get the good gun.

Last edited:

BiotypE

Neo Member

So this "robust squad play" has always been up to the user, the fucking game doesn't just do some jedi mind trick and force people to care about that.

You could have argued about being "immediately visible" on any BF with spotting, why not stop the series then? =)

So I agree the chat stuff needs to be patched, but its already happening and BF3 and many others didn't have that launch day, yet we lived...

Yea you going to need to be more specific then that, so much of what you are saying is so fucking broad and vague, its almost as if you want to just leave it up to feels "special" to define those games. You still need to quantify these things so we can even get to the bottom of what 2042 needs to be fixed.

Large scale map, vehicular combat, gadgets, capturing objectives, squad based and or team abilities lol I'm not saying the game doesn't need to be fixed or doesn't need updates to get to speed, simply that you need to relax on the exaggerating this "made the BF series special" and turning it into this whole emotional you are in a relationship with the fucking game, quantify what is being talked about. This feature allowed this, this move allowed this, this feature made this feasible etc You can barely even define that "formula". At the least start there. I like the series too man, I have thousands of hours in it, but leave that "love" or "emotion" or "special" shit at the door when just talking about what it needs to be fixed and corrected etc as it can just start to sound like I either loooooove BF3 too much or I looooove 2042 too much lol I need to be able to get the point across on what it does well and what it does poorly without some bias that I like or hate something to an odd degree or based on something that can't be measured.

As far as I can see, folks can capture points on large maps, they can revive, they can give out health, ammo, spot enemies, destroy vehicles, repair them etc This can be quantified ,we can factually state what is going on and at least debate its effectiveness vs "made the BF series special". I feel the same way about BF, but the things I enjoyed about those games, I can still enjoy about this one based on lots of feed back and footage. Until we get to a Star Fox Zero or Metal Gear Survive level of wtf is going on, I think 2042 isn't near as bad as a series can get and its core elements are intact. We are just not at a point where its not even the same genre like we've seen in many series to exaggerate pretending its not a BF, its simply not a BF you currently like.

Honestly i will not be shocked if 2042 will be remembered as one of the better battlefields specially if dice goes the next 2 versions full retard again and drops fixes and the features in BF 2042 what people want eventually this year. It's straight up a evolution u would expect over BF3.
Isn't that what always happens? BC2 was my first real BF game. And I remember people criticizing it for not being "true battlefield".

Cyborg

How is this fair for the players that jump later when all is fixed? I mean the whole game feels far from ready

EDMIX

How is this fair for the players that jump later when all is fixed? I mean the whole game feels far from ready

I don't see how its unfair.

Enemy is in an area, you spotted them, they got killed...thus assist. To question this, is to question spotting in all BF titles, I don't see anything unfair here. So for players that jump on later on, they choose to jump on later...that is their choice, I see no reason why someone else gaining xp has to do with another waiting to jump on lol

They are also waiting to gain xp.

It would be like asking the whole community to not gain shit to make it "fair" for those who make a choice to not play it currently or something

Kenpachii

As far as I can see, folks can capture points on large maps, they can revive, they can give out health, ammo, spot enemies, destroy vehicles, repair them etc This can be quantified ,we can factually state what is going on and at least debate its effectiveness vs "made the BF series special". I feel the same way about BF, but the things I enjoyed about those games, I can still enjoy about this one based on lots of feed back and footage. Until we get to a Star Fox Zero or Metal Gear Survive level of wtf is going on, I think 2042 isn't near as bad as a series can get and its core elements are intact. We are just not at a point where its not even the same genre like we've seen in many series to exaggerate pretending its not a BF, its simply not a BF you currently like....

What more specific? i was specific.

The 3/4 points is why u would buy battefield over cod / counterstrike or any other shooter back in the day. That's what divines battlefield. It's not that hard.

2042 offers exactly that. And it plays absolute wonderful ( probably not on lower end hardware tho ). Unlike a bunch of idiots on youtube try to brainwash people into believing.

Its like the angry joe show.

"hey guys i am angry joe, i play games on release day already for 20+ years, and i have no clue that a massive online multiplayer game that pushes boundaries is going to have lag on release day or server problems or even on pre-release day". lets pretend to be "shocked".

Then he rages on for 20 minutes about the game being to expensive. I bought the key for 40 bucks. U don't think its worth it? feel free to wait for half a year ( waited a year and bought bf1 for 10 bucks ) where u can get it for 20 bucks.
instead he rages that they sell the game for 110 bucks, and that its not worth it. Well no shit, did you read what they sold you for 110 bucks.

It's like somebody that paid 700 bucks for ac origin for a statue with there game, is not worth it because the statue doesn't do anything other then being a statue. ( yea no shit sherlock )

Then he rages about nobody should ever buy this 110 version its bad practice. Yet he buys it and he helps to support these practices without effort ????

Don't get me wrong, i was kinda bummed out buying the game before it released after watching his video, but after playing the first 2 days its nothing like they are trying push it. It's very much battlefield and it plays absolute fantastic. Sure performance could be higher, i agree with that. and things can be included that where always a thing in older battlefields but honestly most of the junk that 4/1/5 introduced can die in a fire in my view. And introductions of new elements is what makes it interesting to buy a new battlefield.

Don't get me wrong portal is nice, but everytime i play a game i feel like. i played this 10 years ago alraedy why am i played it again? because i could have booted up that game and play it right now still to this day. Its not why i buy 2042. Its the new shit i buy it for.

The same goes for that battlefield 2077 video. I played 25 hours of the game, probably 1/3 of that is on twitch in vods. U can watch it, everybody can. Go point out all those so called super bug flaws people are talking about? i took a 100 elevators, not a single one bugged out. Yet he fly's across the screen ( wait for it, he didn't actually he pulled the video from somebody else that probably bugged out in beta or early access "aka not final states" ) and pretends that this is how all of it works. Same for the hovercraft video that everyone reuses. Yet to see 1 single hovercraft ride on a flat upwards. Now can it be done? yes. can it be fixed? sure. Makes it battlefield completely unplayable experience? lol not even close, its not even relevant.

Misleading at its finest. but he made them 2 million views so that's what? 100k in the bank for him probably. Idiots are easy to exploit.

I agree with that reseteravip account guy. People are honestly having a absolute hate boner for the company however i can't blame them for it. Dice in my view are the most deplorable devs out there. They should have all be fired on the spot after bf5 when they tried to validate there sexisme and racisme as something progressive instead of deplorable. And they pay the price hard for it in BF5 and now in 2042 as all there bridges where burned with the community.

U can bet people don't forget about that shit. hell my friends didn't even bought the game which normally buy these games without effort as they grow up with it, reason? because its made by dice. Which in there view are racists and sexists because of there BF5 deplorable marketing tactics. Good luck trying to get them back paying money towards you. Hell i talked with my buddy when i was playing the game the other day and he basically stated the only moment he will give it a try again if dice was entirely replaced by another dev they wouldn't even install it even if it was free. He couldn't care to sponsor them ever again. And frankly i can see his point.

However i am not that hateful, i give people chances and frankly bf2042 is exactly what u expect out of it minus some features. The core gameplay is great, the maps will become classics its just a matter of time before people get used towards it like every battlefield. And all the other features people talk about are just minor fixes they could do in a big update later on and probably will.

Don't like it right now? refund, wait for 6 months come back and done. Don't want bugs or other problems? don't buy BF games day one ( or 4 days earlier then day one ), like how many bf's have released now? common.

The overly idiotic negativity this game is getting, is honestly just a backslash from triggered people because BF5 campaign or money whoring youtubers. Because nothing they say is in any way relevant towards the game i am playing ( besides missing features and general improvements of balances etc ). It sure as hell isn't a buggy mess. And i got 10 hours of vods people can scroll through to see how the game actually is.

But then again Dice digged there own grave in BF5 and honestly i am not sure if they can recover from it. All i see with overly negative score on steam = payback for bf5.

Anyway

highest yet

fcc1cefb8c7b815fbe6efc18e893a031.png

Last edited:

Druz

Returned my copy. I've preordered/played hours of every Battlefield game. 2 is still the height of the series because it was not telling you how to do things.

Don't know if I'm just getting old but aside from it obviously being unfinished, it feels like it has no soul. Likely a problem with having so many hands in the stew. I want them to reward preorders with a finished game but twenty years later we're still not there. Can't do it.

Top Bottom