• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 Season 1 Being Revealed Tomorrow

Kerotan

I think a lot of these service games are running into the same issue. They come out with minimal content, banking of the idea that the new content will come out “eventually”. They underestimate how long it will take for them to make that content, and by the time the content has come out, most of the audience has left, and then the publisher has to explain to share holders why their giant investment is missing its profit goals. Same thing happened to battlefield, that happened to halo infinite, that happened to marvels avengers. Basically, unless your something as big as cod, or you cut your teeth long enough to make it work like destiny 2, then gaas is traaash
Destiny, GTA and COD all did it right. F2P games such as Fortnite and Apex also. RDR2, Battlefield and Battlefront 2 all fucked up so bad. Battlefront 2 was on the cusp of succeeding when they pulled support.

Already sick and tired of the new map. Good thing I can still play normal conquest with 64 players... oh wait... they removed that mode. As if they want to purposely kill the game. One can only hope that the devs responsible for this fuckery never work on any game ever again.

Shmunter

So, is the hate still gameplay related? I played an hour back at release and just had another round which was a fun. Gunplay feels great.
I think newcomers are not exposed to the glitches and shortcomings of the initial release. Another lesson of releasing before it’s ready.

EDMIX

So, is the hate still gameplay related? I played an hour back at release and just had another round which was a fun. Gunplay feels great.

I'd say its a mix of bugs and design. Gunplay always felt great imho. A bug and glitch is more like, I'll play it in 6 months, still fun, can't wait etc....design issues is more like, I'm done with the series lol We expect some bugs and glitches with MP titles, but the design choices made in 2042 is the biggest issue that needs correcting and the redesign of the maps will take a long while to correct. The new map out if anything might be an indication of what they are aiming for for the rest of the maps I guess. I don't know how much that map was altered after the choice to redesign everything btw, I can only assume it took this long as it was part of that redesign.

Top Bottom