• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042's Limited-Time Event Turned Off After 30 Minutes Due to Bugs Players couldn't earn

Arachnid

Any bad news regarding 2042 makes me happy

1pKDgOT.gif

jaysius

Banned
Liquidators is hilarious, do they know how funny this shit is?

I mean it's only been out for a year or more, maybe we should just give them the benefit of the doubt and I'm sure they'll fix it...:pie_grinning_smiling::pie_grinning_sweat:"pie_tears_joy::pie_roffles:

wipeout364

Just to give another take:

The game has improved a lot since launch. Not trying to convince anyone to buy it but I have really been enjoying it since they did some major updates in the spring. If you already bought it and haven’t played since launch I would really recommend you redownload and give it another try. The exodus mode is great since it uses old maps and the two newest maps are great.

Saber

Gold Member
No wonder that other guy make that thread promoting the deal.

"You can't play it right now....but, it could mean coming to GP!"

I picked us up a few weeks ago for 20 bucks and I’ve been having a lot of fun with it. It still has issues but it’s a much different game than the beta. Still one of the weaker games in the series but better than Battlefield 5 in my opinion.

I don’t know that why they bother with live events like this, just give new maps, weapons and vehicles instead. I hate the rotation of certain modes as well, it’s pretty stupid and this just feeds that.

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

I just cant imagine how this happened. Your game has been slammed on every front for being rushed, bugged, and unprepared...and this happens. Bugs are always going to happen in a game..but how did this get past testing? gotta be depressing if you've been working on this game.

DaGwaphics

Bit of one of these there:

Minnesota United Soccer GIF by Univision Deportes

What a string of tough luck and poor timing they've had with this one. Kind of makes you feel bad for all the folks that are working hard on it. Can't think of a worse glitch than one that takes your game out during an event that was scheduled and hyped.

Last edited:

Codiox

At this point I started playing again since last December just to try to get some of my money's worth it (bought the gold edition back then, shame on me) and I now play it regularly since a two weeks.

It's not bad, and nothing else on the horizon to fill that battlefield void. Let's see how long I can stick with it.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Just release BC2 & BF4 remasters, or for the real old farts like me, BF2, EA and get back 80% of your player base....simples.

EDMIX

Just release BC2 & BF4 remasters, or for the real old farts like me, BF2, EA and get back 80% of your player base....simples.

Thats probably one of the funniest takes I see a lot.

I love those games, but I see zero evidence they will "get back 80%" of some player based from such a thing.

COD4 had a larger base, was remade.....didn't just get MILLIONS buying it or something, fans still bought what the current COD was that year by a ridiculous amount more. I like those games too, but lets not confuse that with reality of how games actually sell or something.

Would be like saying some cringe shit like 007 Goldeneye was fun, would outsell Call Of Duty lol It takes a personal like and then applies some odd figure as if magically all gamers agree with you or something lol

EDMIX

Just make TitanField and have done with it EA ya shitbags. 😄

Mechs using Battlefield concepts sounds like a pretty awesome idea, but I feel many would just hate lol

Maybe with a next gen only BF in the future we can see that, but I want them to take their time and next BF should just be supported thru the whole generation or something.

Top Bottom