• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Reality Mod Open Alpha Begins Soon As Gameplay Trailer Reveals

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Reality Mod team has been hard at work over the past few years to deliver BF3 Reality Mod is an enjoyable experience, and hopefully, it’s now very close to the Open Alpha launch!

Now that the overall reaction to Battlefield 2042 from fans is mostly negative, Battlefield fans are looking for some fresh experiences that could feed their hunger for a true Battlefield-style online experience. This is where the Reality Mod comes in!

BF3 Reality Mod is an online multiplayer mod for Battlefield 3 that makes it feel more like a real experience both gameplay-wise and visually.

The mod puts its focus on redesigning the UI system, implementing a new VOIP, improving visuals, and introducing a new multiplayer mode with a more communication-based tactical approach.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I try to play the most recent game, moders do so much and try to do everything they can to preserve games. I'm hungry for Battlefield 2042 getting help because the game is getting off a rough launch.

Sybrix

I loved BF2 reality ‘Project Reality’ back in the day, one of the first realistic shooters I played, was so exciting.

However, these days we have games like Insurgency, Arma, Hell Let Loose… is there space for this also?

Last edited:
Not to sound like an asshole but this is basically Squad. I don't see many dropping Squad for this, but you never know. I wish the team good luck.

Ryu Kaiba

Could that guy talk any slower?
Half the vid is the dude looking at the map.
And any graphical improvements are overshadowed when you're standing next to that incredibly flat foliage.

Last edited:

H4ze

Looks good, but I still prefer Hell Let Loose, the scenario is different, but what does that matter in the end, if you don't hate WW2 as a battlefield you won't be disappointed.

Ozriel

M$FT
Run around in grass for minutes, shoot at barely visible pixels and get gunned down the minute you leave cover.

Clearly, these types of games aren’t for me.

TheMan

Run around in grass for minutes, shoot at barely visible pixels and get gunned down the minute you leave cover.

Clearly, these types of games aren’t for me.
Yeah these games always sound badass on paper and then you realize that the hud hud and other gamified elements of more mainstream tactical shooters actually make those games much less of a chore

Looks good but unless you and the team are coordinated, these kinds of games can be a pretty miserable experience. Insurgency captures the best of these kinds of games in my opinion. It had excellent combat, quick to get into the action and teamwork is super rewarding.

A.Romero

I loved BF2 reality ‘Project Reality’ back in the day, one of the first realistic shooters I played, was so exciting.

However, these days we have games like Insurgency, Arma, Hell Let Loose… is there space for this also?

The PR team works on Squad which is a very good game, highly recommended.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

BF3: Reality Mod is a BF3 modification focused on communication, teamwork, and a complete gameplay and UI overhaul. Releases on July 17 2022!

Timestamps:

0:00 Introduction
0:28 Installation
1:40 Voice chat
2:18 Squad menu
2:44 Kit menu
3:48 Spawn points
4:26 Gamemode
4:55 Interface and map
6:11 Healing system
7:09 Tips and tactics
7:38 Being a Squad Leader
8:37 Outro

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Battlefield 3 has a new Reality Mod that reworks the entire gameplay loop of Battlefield as you know it while retaining the classic maps and destruction gameplay mechanics. We break down all the significant changes and new tweaks that FPS fans.

If you're a battlefield fan, particularly a battlefield 3 fan, you may have heard about Venice Unleashed's reality mod. Although the build is incredibly rough around the edges and really punishing, there's also something kinda infectious if you have a proper squad. I'm gonna break down what makes the gameplay just so "realistic" in this mod and how it all works. Drop that like button and sub to the channel especially if you’re excited for future Call of Duty or Battlefield updates.

This mod was countless years in the making by some passionate and dedicated people, and I've been deep in the trenches trying to figure out how the gameplay loop works. Fans of classic Battlefield or Call of Duty games – check your expectations at the door. I'm serious. You might feel more at home here if you come from Arma, Squad or Tarkov.

If there are some neat gameplay mechanics, I forgot to mention that if you enjoyed in this mod, feel free to hop into the comments! Again, this is a mode for players ready to go all in, role-play a bit, and may have some experience in games like Squad or Tarkov. That being said, if you've never played those games, maybe give this mod a shot, and who knows, you might just enjoy it.

Top Bottom