• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V has double the player-count of Battlefield 2042 on Steam / EA Director of Comms for shooters says expectations are “Brutal”

MiguelItUp

There are actual reasons they locked the thread. It's an exact repost that's been reposted many times.
Yeah, it's all been echoed repeatedly. I mean, I get it, but it's not gonna magically fix things either, it's going to take time.

Also, I get people are frustrated, and some people are REALLY frustrated. But of course making shitty comments about devs and harassing them is going to equate a thread getting locked, lol.

This is a Reddit thread away from having more players than Battlefield 2042:

KhzP372.png

Last edited:

tygertrip

Meanwhile over on Reddit careful what you say about the Dev team you might hurt some ones feelings

Reddit is a containment site for freaks and losers. There's a fair chance that the mod that wrote that is a pedophile. Pedos and other perverts run the place.

Last edited:

recursive

Because it's way better game, I got BF 2042 for christmas and it's shit only thing good going for it, is the old maps through portal. Looks like something sewed in 6 months honestly.

Also fuck off Andy, as far as I know BF V had single player campaign, so what kind of ((scope)) are we talking about? Try harder
He is talking about legacy features like a fucking scoreboard. Too much scope creep.

S0ULZB0URNE

Expect it on PS+ or Gamepass before June I'd say.
Wanna bet it won't be on PS+ by June 2022?

With all the negatively the worse selling version was still a 2021 Platinum seller for Steam.
The only major issue right now is the lack of content.
Many games including Halo Infinite have this issue.

Rumors of content in March could help things plus the team that's working on it now is solid.
Unfortunately this could take some time.

tygertrip

Imagine locking down a community for having opinions.

"But hey, it's *your* fault, not ours. We're perfect, you (the paying customers) are the issue."
Also, "just create your own country bro."
That is par for the course for the shut-in lemmings known as average redditors. Only one opinion allowed!!!

daveonezero

Banned
Release a sub par product. Has sub par reception.

Then ask for some slack and claim expectations are brutal.

that isn’t how product development and sales work.

“Y’all just hate me because you can’t date me”.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The fans and the devs need to point the finger at EA. They decide the release date and they knew what state the game was in.

Concern

Devs have to rest? Seems they took plenty of breaks already while working on 2042 considering all the missing features even though there wasn't even a campaign 🤣🤣

CitizenZ

Banned
"It’s near impossible to have a simple discussion without insults being flung around at each other - and it’s really starting to harm the entire Battlefield community, and each of us that are part of it."

Remember, follow us on Twitter!

world of warcraft legion GIF

What a stupid fucking tweet.

"The things you want take time to scope, design, and execute."

Are you serious, Andy? The community is rightfully pissed off because 2042 is a complete fucking disaster. You get no sympathy because the game should be 110% better than it is right now. Why should consumers have to wait for you to fix a broken product? Shouldn't they have got what they paid for in the first place?

Brutal expectations = delivering a functional game with features from previous games in the series. Cry me a river you nobhead, there was versions of this game you were charging £100 for.

Battlefield for that last couple entries have all released broken and fixed up mostly after 4-6 months. People are fine to get pissed but don't act surprised they released a broken game. It's been their MO for a while with battlefield. Very much was noticable on battlefield 4 release.

I keep seeing these posts about the game being "broken" or unplayable. I suspect you've never played 2042 and are just saying shit? This is easily the most non-broken Battlefield release I can remember. The shitty thing is they finally release a Battlefield that doesn't still have major technical issues months after release....and yet it's saddled with all the other issues.

It'll be interesting to see what Dice plans to do with this going forward. Despite all the problems I'm still managing to squeeze entertsinment out of it but once Dying Light 2 releases I'll shelve it and come back in a few months. Hopefully they can sort themselves out, if not it'll be years before we see another battlefield ugh

I keep seeing these posts about the game being "broken" or unplayable. I suspect you've never played 2042 and are just saying shit? This is easily the most non-broken Battlefield release I can remember. The shitty thing is they finally release a Battlefield that doesn't still have major technical issues months after release....and yet it's saddled with all the other issues.

It'll be interesting to see what Dice plans to do with this going forward. Despite all the problems I'm still managing to squeeze entertsinment out of it but once Dying Light 2 releases I'll shelve it and come back in a few months. Hopefully they can sort themselves out, if not it'll be years before we see another battlefield ugh
No I haven't bought it yet, since I'm waiting for fixes in the 1st 6 months to smooth out the bugs they always release with.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Weird that we don't see this same energy directed towards other MP titles that have had precipitous falloffs (HALO for example is sitting around 20% of it's launch numbers).

Folks often conflate "What I want. . ." with "This game is a technical mess. . ." I've played a few hours of BF2042 and sadly it isn't my cup of tea (the maps and gameplay just aren't up there with the series best) but broken is not a phrase I would use for the game. Not having an in-game scoreboard (a complaint I see in nearly every BF thread across the interwebs) is not evidence of a broken game.

. . .flying, nigh indestructible hoverboats - yeah that might be broken.

No I haven't bought it yet, since I'm waiting for fixes in the 1st 6 months to smooth out the bugs they always release with.

Well sir it's your lucky day. The game plays just fine, little to no technical issues. So that bit is sorted out, as for the rest oooeeeeeeee yeah you need to be ready to adapt to the changes though there is fun to be had.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, that was my experience as well. For the first 24 hours there were definitely connection issues and stuff trying to connect to games, at least on PC. This was also that "early access" for folks that had certain editions. Portal was still broken at the time, so I never gave it a shot, unfortunately. But a day or two later the issue connecting to games was fine, and I literally had no problems at all playing the game. I just wish things gameplay elements were of course, different. Though there WERE certainly Battlefield moments that the game could pull off. I just didn't wanna go back in until they tweaked a few things. But it's been just long enough that I feel myself caring less and less. :(

I, too, am curious to see where it goes.

Last edited:

Filben

Expectations aren't "brutal", people simply expected "Battlefield" which they've done right like at least three times before. They're not supposed to re-invent the fucking wheel or shooter genre. And if they really wanted to they should have tried harder instead of mixing battle royal attitude in your military battlefield setting with a history this franchise have.

I mean, they could have avoided this in the first place. Of course you're always wiser after the fact, but let's not ignore that this happened like a million times before you could've learn from.

Also in case you needed another reason to stay the fuck off of places like Twitter: see the backfire. Seriously, social media is toxic and does nothing good in the long run to society and yet people still use that shit. They simply won't learn and will complain afterwards. This is fucking ridiculous.

With the state some games are releasing in you really have to wonder if anyone at these publishers even care for user engagement, player retention or sales numbers.. How are these good business decisions? Serious question.

Last edited:

A.Romero

What really pisses me off is the community now supporting BFV when they weren't there when the game needed it. It's a great game, it hasn't changed that much in a while, why the fuck weren't you playing when EA needed to see the demand for the game was there and it deserved more content?

The BF community always does this: Pre-order, get disappointed, suddenly love the previous release, bitch about the new game at every opportunity for years, pre-order the next one, get disappointed, suddenly love the previous release...

ethomaz

Banned
I keep saying...

Games like Battlefield 2042 should not be launched unfinished.
Fix and finish your game before launch it.

winjer

Gold Member
Trying to play the victim after deceiving consumers with an unfinished product.
This is such an EA thing to do.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Lol at broken game. I bet most people shitting on it haven't even played it and just parroting disgruntled players from reddit. Been playing and loving this game.
Yeah, the game is far from broken. Missing features and some bad design choices? Yes, but I'm still enjoying it a lot.

People were trying to compare it with Cyberpunk 2077 too.

whyman

The fans begged DICE to delay the game more. We pointed out everything that was missing. The game was broken at launch. Yea you should work over the holidays if you take peoples money for that shit.

Boss Mog

People's demands weren't brutal they basically wanted a game like BF4 with next gen graphics and good maps that were on par with BF4's. What Dice and EA wanted was to make it a hero shooter so they can sell you operatives which will make it pay to win while maps were apparently an afterthought seeing how bad they are and how few of them there are.

Portugeezer

What about EA's brutal expectations to continue with a Holiday release date?

People's demands weren't brutal they basically wanted a game like BF4 with next gen graphics and good maps that were on par with BF4's. What Dice and EA wanted was to make it a hero shooter so they can sell you operatives which will make it pay to win while maps were apparently an afterthought seeing how bad they are and how few of them there are.
At this point a next gen patch for BF4 would be great.

Last edited:

Droxcy

Imagine taking all this time to concept, create, develop & ship a Battlefield title and not listen to fans and cut so much content from your game. What a surprise your play count is so low and fans were bored instantly.

Pretty sure we wanted more destruction not baked in weather events. Keep giving fans stuff they aren’t asking for and this is what happens.

Top Bottom