• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V |OT| EA (doesn't) want YOU!

Shmunter

Has the franchise seen it's high point and its all downhill now? COD has now realized large scale combat with leading class gun play and low latency input. Is there any room for an inferior BF game?

Has the franchise seen it's high point and its all downhill now? COD has now realized large scale combat with leading class gun play and low latency input. Is there any room for an inferior BF game?
You still can't compare the two to be honest. Ground War is pretty underwhelming imo. I still have fun with this abomination of BF.
BFV has good gunplay, the movement system is really damn good and fluid. It's "just" the content that is missing and obviously the authenticity. Man it could have been so damn good, what a shame.

I really hope that with the June (last update) they atleast give us a lot of weapons and maybe even gadgets because apparently a lot of weapons are basically just sitting in the files, ready to go. So much unreleased stuff.

Damn you DICE.

Shmunter

You still can't compare the two to be honest. Ground War is pretty underwhelming imo. I still have fun with this abomination of BF.
BFV has good gunplay, the movement system is really damn good and fluid. It's "just" the content that is missing and obviously the authenticity. Man it could have been so damn good, what a shame.

I really hope that with the June (last update) they atleast give us a lot of weapons and maybe even gadgets because apparently a lot of weapons are basically just sitting in the files, ready to go. So much unreleased stuff.

Damn you DICE.
Fair enough. Let’s hope most agree. Do not want to see the franchise evaporate.

Fair enough. Let’s hope most agree. Do not want to see the franchise evaporate.
Same. I love BF, ever since I played BC2 I was HOOKED. BF 3 & 4 are some of the finest military FPS games out there and since BC2 I have always believed the BF franchise was better than COD in almost every single way. Im done with COD I don't want to play it anymore so I don't have any alternative game to play sadly

Last edited:

Mister D

Same. I love BF, ever since I played BC2 I was HOOKED. BF 3 & 4 are some of the finest military FPS games out there and since BC2 I have always believed the BF franchise was better than COD in almost every single way. Im done with COD I don't want to play it anymore so I don't have any alternative game to play sadly

I feel the same way. My first serious online multiplayer was COD4 and then I moved to MW2 and was a COD guy until I dipped my toes into Battlefield with BF 1943 and had crazy fun with that simple game. Then I dove headfirst into BC2 and put in an ungodly amount of hours and was hooked on Battlefield and haven't played COD since.

This is ultimately disappointing since no one really makes a game that captures everything BF does. I don't want a military sim, I don't want a super arcadey game like Fortnite, so BF was that perfect middle ground. This shitshow they released as BFV is frustrating because I was still able to get some fun out of it despite all the bugs, stupid design decisions, and now the complete abandonment of the game.

Hopefully, this allows DICE to go back to their roots and spend all this time they now have making the next BF game worthy of the name. If they can't pull out of this dive, then I feel this is the end for this franchise. And if that's the case, then I guess it works out for me because I can finally quit my BF multiplayer addiction and finish some of the games in my ever-growing backlog and play some of these new single player games that keep coming out.

Last edited:

Zannegan

Battlefield used to have a big focus on physics and destruction. Maybe with the next-gen CPUs they can make a return to that to differentiate the franchises again. Whatever they do, they need to can their writing/PR team from V. What an awful mess they created before the game ever came out.

Shmunter

Seems they are working on a new one for 2022. With any luck next gen will be the target and things will be impressive.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
On the way to the meeting with the motorcycle group, he seems to hear the gunshots and run to the aid. Imagine you are fighting side by side with this man on WW2(should be like second video 0:24)..

Good character though, i liked him. Deserves his own game with fun elements, could be next Duke Nukem :)

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
bump...
I almost never play mp games. I am 31 and I play games my whole life. This is all I do basically(ofc aside from work) :p
Friends asked me to play bf5 with them so I do... and I am absolute fucking trash. 1:1 k/d. I do get most kills out of the squad but we are still at the bottom of the list or I am below the middle usually or near bottom.
idk... I am pretty good at games. It's all automatic no brainer for me but when I turn on mp games, I am so bad and I don't know what to do.
It might just be the game... I don't like sniper play and camping, so I run around and maybe get into too much trouble? You die many times just without even seeing an enemy and or instantly after seeing him.
I do best on team deathmatch (like I can get 10-15 kills but same deaths...). I find that gewhr semi auto rifle or shotgun work best for me. idk,
Is this normal or did life of playing single player games ruined me ?
Maybe it's dpi? I have zoom sensitivity at 50% and mouse dpi at 2400.
Are bullets hit scan in this or animation of bullet matters? I can't really tell and dont know how to aim at a running person.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
rofif rofif 1:1 isn’t too bad. You’re playing against mostly people who played a lot more than you. Most online multiplayer games are like that. You will improve with hours put in.

I’ve played loads of Battlefield online over the years and I’m still generally shit whenever I return.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I don't like sniper play and camping, so I run around and maybe get into too much trouble? You die many times just without even seeing an enemy and or instantly after seeing him.
It's because Bf5 favors mid-long range guns and maps are bigger than before, even in tdm imo. I play Bf4 and Bf1 better than Bf5. You are not alone, i feel you;)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's because Bf5 favors mid-long range guns and maps are bigger than before, even in tdm imo. I play Bf4 and Bf1 better than Bf5. You are not alone, i feel you;)
I played some more today and You are absolutely right.
On metro or rotterdam, with sturmgewehr assault, I can get 18kills, 9 deaths so not too bad maybe... but on tdm big field maps or conquest? It's just arasaka level 400 sniper galore insta death....

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I played some more today and You are absolutely right.
On metro or rotterdam, with sturmgewehr assault, I can get 18kills, 9 deaths so not too bad maybe... but on tdm big field maps or conquest? It's just arasaka level 400 sniper galore insta death....
I totaly forgot that there is a metro map in bf5. I had my best moments in there too. Probably it's not a coincidence.

Ownage

Bump.

Been playing BF5 for a while, and the single player campaign was fantastic. Loved Norway.

MP seems a little clunky but I still like the feel and controls. Maps are way better than this year's Vanguard. My favorite is the destroyed subway station CTF.

Remastered BlOps is on par with BF5 imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom