• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront DLC and free updates (maps, modes, outfits, private matches) detailed

xxl30001

Banned
DL-44 still rules blast, the game is a lot less fustrating now but I will miss destroying the 0.5KD matchmaking players when I join my friends games.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That would be so broken. Yoda's too small a target.

No, i don't think there's any chance Yoda will be a playable hero.
Or that we get Dagobah.

I kind of hope they'd make Dantooine as a DLC planet. It is very OT since it is mentioned in ANH, and it might be an interesting environment.
Not in the films, you say? Neither was Sullust. OT-timeline doesn't rule out unseen places, just determines the technology and visual style of things, me thinks.

Dantooine can still happen if the pack that comes after Rogue One (final pack they are hush about the 'theme'), but I do not think there was much of a battle there, since the Rebels all but packed up before the Imperials arrived after the Alderaan incident.

Maybe they are being generous and caving in, by having space battles across cruisers? But that is a pipe dream. It is probably hush hush, because it will spoil something from Rogue One.

They did not fix the A-wing? Really?

This patch was done before Xmas, it should be coming in the February Update.

I'm still not getting the trophy for most kills on blast.

Yeah, disappointing. One more month for a shot at getting the platinum.

Btw I think they nerfed the homing shot too much, it's useless now. Making the lock-on time longer or making the projectile slower is a great way to balance it, but both at the same time wasn't a good idea. Also, it was the only way to counter the scummy shield users running mindlessly to capture pods and droids before anyone could even get near them, they will be even more of a pain in the ass now since until you can lock on, they'll have captured the objective already.

RdN

ok what exactly does this mean?

Previously, the game selected the data center automatically, based on your region.

The problem with that is player in less populated areas, like Oceania, South America, Asia, etc, had a lot o trouble finding matches in most game modes except Walker Assault and Supremacy.

Now, you can select the data center yourself, so someone from South America can connect to US servers and actually play the game.

BKG

Banned
as for the new heroes/villains

death star map makes obi-wan a lock because they will sell it as the dual of obi vs vader, i also think tarkin will be in this xpack since he died there would also be pretty cool hero as he could call in air strikes ect and is pretty much the only other non BH villain of note in the OT

as for the other 2 i think chewbacca is a lock since his weapon is in the game already and hes in all 3 trilogy's and is a fan fav, he could be a slow tankish type hero take a ton of damage but makeup for it by ripping off arms and having explosive damage as his main attack..... as for the last empire villain i have no clue, there is noway they will add another BH maybe someone from jabbas palace or a member of the Emperor's Royal Guard?

I was thinking about this as well. IG-88 seems like a no brainer, another bounty hunter with a cool design.

Sinoox

Banned
Glad I bought the DLC and didn't listen to the hate. It was expensive as fuck, but it's an awesome game to just pick up and enjoy on whim.

Protome

Glad I bought the DLC and didn't listen to the hate. It was expensive as fuck, but it's an awesome game to just pick up and enjoy on whim.

It's a fun game, it just has so little content. It's nice to see them trying to rectify it but taking the tatooine survival map and slapping it into other modes is something that should have been done before release. And even then the map roster is going to be a bit lean.

Realistically they are variations of the same map.

No they aren't. It's not like battlefield. Each map is completely individual.

EDIT: seems like good stuff. I do find it slightly weird that expansion 1 will be more tatooine and sullust, but eh :p if the maps are good. Haven't bought the season pass yet, waiting too see if the content is worth it. Generally really like the game though (aside from no proper vehicle spawns)

Double edit:

Private matches means we can set up a gaf game in the community thread :p that would be good fun.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I wish the various map weather conditions would cycle through Blast and other game modes. You pick a favorite mode and only ever see one variation.

30IR

Banned
Whenever I try to play online - I'm never able to find populated servers. The automated search for online servers seems useless - I've yet to play multiplayer in this game. Ugh...

Whenever I try to play online - I'm never able to find populated servers. The automated search for online servers seems useless - I've yet to play multiplayer in this game. Ugh...

Might have something to do with your platform of choice, and location i guess ? Or router ! - Could deffo also be the router.

sp3ctr3

looks like they nerfed everything?

So all the season pass content, will that be available to everyone at some point down the line?

Top Bottom