• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront DLC and free updates (maps, modes, outfits, private matches) detailed

MADGAME

The wording on the blast trophy seems ambiguous, are they saying it will only work correctly going forward or will it also work retroactively for those of us that already filled the requirement?

Durden77

The wording on the blast trophy seems ambiguous, are they saying it will only work correctly going forward or will it also work retroactively for those of us that already filled the requirement? That's the last damn trophy I need in the game.

I have to imagine you'll have to earn it again unfortunately.

I've did it like 7 times, but that was with the DL44 lol. But you got it mane.

MADGAME

I have to imagine you'll have to earn it again unfortunately.

I've did it like 7 times, but that was with the DL44 lol. But you got it mane.
Gosh dang it. They should be able to make this work from your stats, no?

So many nerfs they're gonna need a herder.
It will be interesting to see the sway of the next most popular and effective primary weapons star card loadouts.

I got lucky with the Blast trophy. There were only three of us playing and I managed to get the most kills before the others left and just ran down the clock.

I'd like the Platinum but I'm not sure I can be bothered with a lot of the mission trophies.

border

So, they're offering no changes to Fighter Squadron aside from another Hoth map that will be mostly identical to the current Hoth map? And the A-Wings are still impossible to hit?

It's good of them to lay out a roadmap for the DLC, but all of this seems pretty underwhelming. Each pack is essentially one new style of environment. I'm not seeing much reason to buy the Season Pass, especially since DLC1 sounds totally skippable.

New friend zones and additional spawn points for Supremacy maps
New friend zones and additional spawn points for Walker Assault maps
New friend zones and additional spawn points for Turning Point on Jakku

friend-zone.jpg

Arttemis

Nice! I'm positive the Death Star map will have interiors almost identical to Tantive IV, as well a Fighter Assault mode... But I don't know how or if they'll make a large scale map out of it.

MADGAME

So, they're offering no changes to Fighter Squadron aside from another Hoth map that will be mostly identical to the current Hoth map? And the A-Wings are still impossible to hit?

It's good of them to lay out a roadmap for the DLC, but all of this seems pretty underwhelming. Each pack is essentially one new style of environment. I'm not seeing much reason to buy the Season Pass, especially since DLC1 sounds totally skippable.

OP states hero pickups in Fighter Squadron have a randomized element, and hero shop health is lower by 30%. True they did not address the broken A-wing hitboxes but there are changes beyond the map.

Liamario

Banned
Based on the locations of the paid and free maps, I have to assume that they really were short for time, resulting in the lack of features for the game. Here's hoping they pull it together in time for the next game. It really is a bare bones game.

Woorloog

Banned
Nice! I'm positive the Death Star map will have interiors almost identical to Tantive IV, as well a Fighter Assault mode... But I don't know how or if they'll make a large scale map out of it.

With a completely new mode that most likely won't have vehicles. At least, that's what i expect.

Some much-needed nerfs to several weapons and ships. Hopefully the "tweaks" to the spawn points in modes like Walker Assault and Supremacy will made those modes more enjoyable.

TheXbox

Really praying for a Command Post/Conquest game mode. Supremacy sucks. Death Star DLC would be a solid introduction, seeing as it's unlikely they're gonna fit ATATs in there.

border

OP states hero pickups in Fighter Squadron have a randomized element, and hero shop health is lower by 30%. True they did not address the broken A-wing hitboxes but there are changes beyond the map.

I was hoping for changes more along the lines of "Here's a new objective for this gametype" or "Here's a map that is in outer space with capital ships". Fighter Squadron is really the only mode I'm good at, and DICE seems pretty content to ignore it beyond balance issues (and even those are not altogether addressed with the A-Wings).

I hope they can do something interesting with Fighter Squadron on the Death Star, but that's like 9 months away anyhow.

Dagobah and Yavin should be in the game. Dagobah will probably be added with Yoda if the rumours about his inclusion are true.

Death Star - Old Ben
Bespin - Lando
Dagobah - Yoda

No idea what villains they could add aside from Tarkin(?) and bounty hunters.

Jabba

Banned
I hope DICE comes through and this season pass turns out to be a wild ride all year. The kids got me the season pass for Christmas. :)

Turning Point on all maps will be fun. Looking forward to a new Blast map.

This warms my heart. Awesome.

MADGAME

I was hoping for changes more along the lines of "Here's a new objective for this gametype" or "Here's a map that is in outer space with capital ships". Fighter Squadron is really the only mode I'm good at, and DICE seems pretty content to ignore it beyond balance issues (and even those are not altogether addressed with the A-Wings).

I hope they can do something interesting with Fighter Squadron on the Death Star, but that's like 9 months away anyhow.
I certainly can't disagree with anything in this post.

Card Boy

Banned
New game mode minimum player count thresholds:

- Walker Assault 20
- Supremacy 20
- Dropzone 4
- Blast 4
- Cargo 4
- Fighter Squadron 4
- Hero Hunt 4
- Droid Run 4
- Heroes Vs Villains 4
- Turning Point 20

This is huge for the Australian community. I would go further and lower the min player threshholds for the big modes even further down to 10 or 12.

woen

I know but it doesn't I have to like the wording of it and the fact that they didn't just call it Battlefront 3. As is they're seemingly doing all they can to bury Pandemic's efforts in to the ground and pretend they're adding brand new environments to the series.

You don't name a reboot like it's a sequel. It's simple as that.

Certinty

Wow they're downgrading Boba even more? He's so underpowered for HvV and altogether the villains suck ass compared to the heroes too. What a joke.

Great that they've added private matches though.

eFKac

Seems like I'm gonna have to exchange that bowcaster of mine. But maybe that's good, I admit I'm cheesing with it.

Thank god for the homing shot nerf, who even came up with the idea of it should be fired.

Based on the locations of the paid and free maps, I have to assume that they really were short for time, resulting in the lack of features for the game. Here's hoping they pull it together in time for the next game. It really is a bare bones game.

Game was made in less than 2 years pretty much, so yea

RdN

This is huge for the Australian community. I would go further and lower the min player threshholds for the big modes even further down to 10 or 12.

If the stuff about "Setting for actively choosing server site added" is what I seems to be, then all problems are solved.

Delio

Aw Homing Shot nerfed. Guess no need to have it on the loadout anymore. I also see the A-wings are still going to be Op as always. Lovely.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Fixing an issue where melee'ing at nothing completly stopped your movement

Did they not play the game and hit the melee button and wiff and wonder "oh that's not right"

I'm sure we'll see more people using melee now which should be great.

Woorloog

Banned
Did they not play the game and hit the melee button and wiff and wonder "oh that's not right"

I'm sure we'll see more people using melee now which should be great.

No mention of fixing melee damage.

As it is, it is utterly random in my experience. I've hit people both in front and back with three possible results: No damage, 50% damage, 1 hit kill. There seems to be no consistency whatsoever to this.

Meh, game's dead on PC. :(

Nah, the matchmaking is just utterly fucked. Sometimes it simply doesn't find a game no matter what even at the busiest time of day.
Also, sometimes one can open player Origin profiles while the MM is working, indicating there is actually a match but the game never displays it or makes it joinable for some reason.

LoveCake

The free stuff is nice, but I have not played much for sometime now as I got to level 50 in November, I mostly play the WA game, I'm still not at all sold on the season pass, I have a feeling the game will be dead by the time the paid content comes out.

Top Bottom