• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront DLC and free updates (maps, modes, outfits, private matches) detailed

RedAssedApe

Banned
So no changes to awing in fighter squadron? Or am I just flying the tie fighters wrong?

Was impact grenade being abused? Why is its cool down increased more than thermal?

Looks like they're fixing some shit and breaking others (like they always do with the first patches), but welp, at least there will be a decent amount of free content for a while.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So no changes to awing in fighter squadron? Or am I just flying the tie fighters wrong?

Was impact grenade being abused? Why is its cool down increased more than thermal?
As far as I know, next to nobody uses Impact grenades in my experience

darthbob

Nah, the matchmaking is just utterly fucked. Sometimes it simply doesn't find a game no matter what even at the busiest time of day.
Also, sometimes one can open player Origin profiles while the MM is working, indicating there is actually a match but the game never displays it or makes it joinable for some reason.

Ah, that's true. Last time I tried to play MM couldn't find me a match, except sometimes putting me into barely functioning lobby with 4 or 5 others. I even waited ~15 min one time and everyone left, no one else joined.

They need to fix their MM algorithm, or god forbid, add a server browser.

I hate to complain about free stuff, but just making a survival map playable on mp modes? Plus I gotta say the content in the season pass is a little bare compared to Battlefield. But with that it's better to wait and see what will actually be in there in the end, including how those maps and such are designed. Beeping and death star sound great so far, though unclear on how walker assault will work, if it even gets retained there.

As for the patches, it's not too bad. Explosive shot seems a little harsh to cut by 60%, but we'll see how that feels tomorrow. Dl44 nerf looks good. Doing damage, firerate, and heating together would have killed the weapon and just make people complain to nerf the shock blaster and triple shot blaster next. Good on the trophy fix as well.

Really disappointed by the absence of an Awing hit box fix and that the falcon only receives a 30% hit. Feel like Slave 1 got shafted more so by making it more papery than it already is. Ion missile also didn't get fixed to reliably hit Y wings.

Durden77

Seems like they just increased all the grenade cooldown in general. I've never gotten hit by a single flash grenade but it's increased too.

Probably a good call. I feel like I always have Thermal Detonators on hand. The cooldown is barely noticeable.

I've been avoiding WA because I simply don't like it, so I don't really care if it won't work on the new locations. I can easily see Supremacy and Turning Point working on the new locations though.

What i'm mostly interested in is how these maps compare to Pandemics, particularly because each new location is man made (Jabba's Palace, Cloud City, Death Star) which is in stark contrast to every other map we have right now.

JimiNutz

Banned
Biggest disappointment is that they didn't fix the broken A Wing.... Fighter Squadron therfore remains unplayable.

The people here freaking out over 4 "maps" must have never read any previous news on this game, even though this information is readily available on most gaming sites, THIS forum and even inside the game itself. Let me refresh your memories... Here's what's coming in the Season Pass:

• Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards for both Rebels and Imperials (NONE of this was revealed)
  • 4 more heroes and villains for you to fight as or against (NONE of this was revealed)
  • 16 additional multiplayer maps featuring new locations (We just got the news that Bespin, Jabba's Palace and the Death Star are some of the new locations, but no information on specific maps)
  • 4 exciting new game modes (NONE of this was revealed)
  • Two-week early access to each expansion pack
  • Exclusive “Shoot First” emote

So... please calm down. Galactic Conquest COULD be one of the 4 new modes. We are getting 4 maps with each DLC PLUS free maps throughout the year. I'm hoping for Bossk. Or IG-88. Definitely Lando.

Lando is a given for the Bespin dlc. Since they are also doing costumes, Leia's bounty hunter costume is also a given for the Jabba's Palace dlc.

Less of a given, but I'm expecting Tarkin as part of the Death Star dlc just because we need more villains and it works thematically.

Symphonic

The people here freaking out over 4 "maps" must have never read any previous news on this game, even though this information is readily available on most gaming sites, THIS forum and even inside the game itself. Let me refresh your memories... Here's what's coming in the Season Pass:

• Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards for both Rebels and Imperials (NONE of this was revealed)
  • 4 more heroes and villains for you to fight as or against (NONE of this was revealed)
  • 16 additional multiplayer maps featuring new locations (We just got the news that Bespin, Jabba's Palace and the Death Star are some of the new locations, but no information on specific maps)

So... please calm down. Galactic Conquest COULD be one of the 4 new modes. We are getting 4 maps with each DLC PLUS free maps throughout the year. I'm hoping for Bossk. Or IG-88. Definitely Lando.

Man I'm pumped. Love Cloud City; maps there could be really fun.

Boke1879

Lando I think is a given for Bespin. Maybe Tarkin for the Death Star? Although it would be funny as hell seeing him run around the map.

I wonder if the final DLC will be TFA related?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
At least they finally realized how silly their player base is and decided to decrease the number of minimum players you need to start a match.

Looking forward to seeing how the Bespin maps look like.

Lando I think is a given for Bespin. Maybe Tarkin for the Death Star? Although it would be funny as hell seeing him run around the map.

The only place left to explore from the OT is Yavin, which were great maps from the originals. Or they could get ballsy and do a Tangier IV/Star Destroyer map.

I'm still going to hope Mos Eisley shows up somehow.

Symphonic

They're staying with the OG trilogy, sadly.

My guess is Chewie for the first pack and Lando for Cloud City. Not sure who they'd do for Death Star; Tarkin would be interesting but not super exciting.

At least they finally realized how silly their player base is and decided to decrease the number of minimum players you need to start a match.

Looking forward to seeing how the Bespin maps look like.

I think it's more of a band-aid for their poor MM than anything to do with concurrentplayer counts. It still baffles me that they moved away from a system that generally worked.

Boke1879

My guess is Chewie for the first pack and Lando for Cloud City. Not sure who they'd do for Death Star; Tarkin would be interesting but not super exciting.

Yea. I remember them saying they are sticking with the OT. Honestly from a business perspective it's a missed opportunity really. They could make even more money after this initial season pass if they included PT stuff as well as TFA.

Not having TFA content definitely boggles my mind seeing as how people IT was and how popular the characters are.

Actually, for a villain, you know what would be interesting?

Clone Wars/Rebels spoilers:
Palpatine shuts down Maul's attempt to take over the sith and based off the mid season 2 trailer uses him as a weapon to take out Jedi during the age of the Empire. I'd take a bionic leg Maul since it's canon he fought with the Empire and even prequel haters kinda like Maul.

acevans2

Based on the timing of the DLC releases, the last one should be coming around the time of Rogue One's release, which is more OT time period. I know they said they're not doing TFA content, but since Rogue is so closely related to the content in this Battlefront game, I could see DLC Winter 2016/17 being locations or characters from the (at that time) latest Star Wars release. I'd be REALLY happy about that.

Apeboy

Last hour before update hits the only load out allowed should be DL-44 and homing shot only.

Decent update though. All but convinced me to get the season pass in March. Only thing on my list that wasn't addressed is fighter balances and anti-air buffs for ground troops.

Symphonic

Yea. I remember them saying they are sticking with the OT. Honestly from a business perspective it's a missed opportunity really. They could make even more money after this initial season pass if they included PT stuff as well as TFA.

Not having TFA content definitely boggles my mind seeing as how people IT was and how popular the characters are.

Battlefront 2

Javin98

Banned
This new update sounds great, can't wait to try out the new map. DL-44 and homing shot being nerfed is also good news.

Lrrr

Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine.
Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.
Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) - That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 - Title TBA (Early 2017) - We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.

Bold emphasis mine.

I distinctly remember DICE saying the season pass content would be 4 NEW maps (1 per DLC pack). Cloud City and the Death Star are great, but neither Tatooine nor Sullust are new - even if the locations within them will be. I was really hoping for an inspired Dagobah map, but then people would expect a playable Yoda hero and we can't have that.

Huh?

Neo Member
Have they said anything about a wider variety of starfighters being available in the future? I'd like to see Y-Wings.

a new Hoth multiplayer map that will support larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. The game will also expand the Turning Point game mode for play on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy.

March adds another multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.
This is reminding me of Bad Company 2, where the game was essentially content completed through these updates. I bought that game at launch and was not happy. Five maps and then they dripped out the other half of them over half a year or so and said they were free.
With only 4 big maps in the initial release, this supposed free DLC plan by EA and DICE once again, once again feels like missing pieces finding their place.

Suppose I'm glad I didn't get Battlefront at launch and now I'll just buy the game whenever the value proposition balances itself out. Which I now may not have to wait for GOTY for, which is good I guess.

There were a good number of maps, 9, available at launch for the smaller modes. It was the large modes that were lacking unfortunately. Though with this free content it'll bring up the count to 7 large maps outside of the season pass by March.

Boogdud

They can't be serious in not addressing the a-wing issue. It's the most broken unit in the game.

They know it's broken, right? Right??

Poor slave 1 got the ramrod, it was already 50% weaker than the falcon already...

BKG

Banned
Lando is a given for the Bespin dlc. Since they are also doing costumes, Leia's bounty hunter costume is also a given for the Jabba's Palace dlc.

Less of a given, but I'm expecting Tarkin as part of the Death Star dlc just because we need more villains and it works thematically.

Or maybe slave Leia! Lol that would be dope

There were a good number of maps, 9, available at launch for the smaller modes. It was the large modes that were lacking unfortunately. Though with this free content it'll bring up the count to 7 large maps outside of the season pass by March.

As reference Battlefield 4 launched with 10 large maps. But ya know.

paskowitz

Weapon and Star Card changes:

EE-3 Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 4 per shot
Bowcaster replenish time tweaked (Normal 18 -> 25 and Upgrade 15 -> 20)
Explosive Shot active time tweaked (Normal 7 -> 5 and Upgrade 10 -> 7)
Bounty Hunter trait card Level 2 reward percentage lowered from 100% to 85%
Bowcaster explosion damage lowered from 50 to 15 per shot

Hero Changes:

Han Solo weapon damage over distance is lowered. (Damage goes from 70 to 30 between 10 and 25 meters)
Boba Fett weapon damage over distance is lowered. (Damage goes from 30 to 20 between 30 and 60 meters)
Boba Fett wristlauncher explosion radius decreased from 4 to 3, maxiumum damage tweaked from 1 to 0.8 meters
Boba Fett missile doesn't lock on anymore
Boba Fett wristlauncher explosion damage slightly increased in damage to compensate for the removing of tracking

Way to completely nerf my go to loadout... it can't be OP if everyone is using it?

Top Bottom