• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefront II Rise of Skywalker Trailer

Starfield

Battlefront II is probably the biggest turnaround EA has ever done for a game. Wish they could do the same for Anthem.

Yet still noone cares anymore about the game given all the bad press it got. I may download it again and try it out though.

Fbh

Looks ok, but the game is pretty dead around here (Ps4, playing from south america). Me and a friend tried to play a couple of months ago and the game was just throwing us into nearly empty servers that never seemed to fill up.

This new content costs money doesn't it?

Didn't see anything about that in the trailer though..

If I'm not mistaken the new paid "edition" they are releasing just includes all the cosmetic stuff released so far.
But the new map and new playable units from this update will be free regardless of which version of the game you own

Javthusiast

Banned
Fuck the DIsney Wars movies, but that trailer was awesome and I wanna jump into the game and see how it improved. Will get one month of ea access for it.

Starfield

The problem is the very core of the game. Which is also a problem that started in Battlefield 1 (albeit it got semi fixed in Battlefield V) where the problem is that you spawn your vehicle /ship in rather than having a base or something where your vehicle spawns and you can enter it. I find solution 2 ten times better than solution 1

MiguelItUp

So much hate towards a film that's not even out yet, lmao. Yes, Last Jedi was bizarre, but I'd like to think this will be better. I was born and raised on Star Wars, so it's hard to not be excited about all things Star Wars related. Hopefully Rise of Skywalker is decent, but we'll see. 🤷‍♂️

Regarding Battlefront II, I think it's pretty impressive how much they've turned it around. I'm seriously thinking about checking out the new content. BFII is a lot better than the previous game, that being said it could've been SO much better. Not for everyone, but I've definitely had my share of fun with the game. I'll check it out soon most likely. :messenger_sunglasses:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So much hate towards a film that's not even out yet, lmao. Yes, Last Jedi was bizarre, but I'd like to think this will be better. I was born and raised on Star Wars, so it's hard to not be excited about all things Star Wars related. Hopefully Rise of Skywalker is decent, but we'll see. 🤷‍♂️

I agree.

MiguelItUp

Game has more players now than in the release Week. It's getting the praise it deserves. Most fun I had this generation in MP games.
Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I remember reading that traffic has certainly picked up across all platforms. I can't remember exactly what statistics I saw, but I remember reading that traffic on one of the consoles was equal to time of release, if not more than that. That's pretty wild!

DonF

Game still isn't very much fun to play.
sooo weird. I really liked the "first" battlefront, with all its shortcomings. So I was hyped for 2. Then all the shit happened and I didn't buy the game until it was like $8 ...so when I got the game... I hated everthing! The graphics don't look better, the UI es worse, and the game/gunplay...wtf happened! I hate the classes and I always get destroyed by something that is completely out of my control.

I just don't "get" the game. I used to be on the top of the charts on 1 but 2 I always do regular at best.

I cant put my finger on exactly what changed but 2 feels sooo different to one and I didn't like it.

royox

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I remember reading that traffic has certainly picked up across all platforms. I can't remember exactly what statistics I saw, but I remember reading that traffic on one of the consoles was equal to time of release, if not more than that. That's pretty wild!

During the Geonosis patch the game reached launch day numbers on PS4 if my memory is right. After that it kept rising on every platform patch by patch.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
sooo weird. I really liked the "first" battlefront, with all its shortcomings. So I was hyped for 2. Then all the shit happened and I didn't buy the game until it was like $8 ...so when I got the game... I hated everthing! The graphics don't look better, the UI es worse, and the game/gunplay...wtf happened! I hate the classes and I always get destroyed by something that is completely out of my control.

I just don't "get" the game. I used to be on the top of the charts on 1 but 2 I always do regular at best.

I cant put my finger on exactly what changed but 2 feels sooo different to one and I didn't like it.
I agree. The game is painfully average in just about every way. The SW skin isn't enough to make it a good game.

Kuranghi

Even if you love it with all your heart or don't care about it in any way, how does that stop you from critcally evaluting a film like you would any other? "It was bizarre" seems like a panacea for bad characters, writing and overall plot. Is it more the idea and concept of SW that you love? Like space ships, light sabre fights, aliens and crazy planets? Space Opera is pretty appropriate when you think about it.

I don't mean that to be insulting at all, I'm just curious. There are plently of games/films that I love on a surface level, example - Just Cause 3, it does so many things that appeal to me, but its story and characters are borderline trash.

I think there is a case to say those TLJ does a disservice to the legacy of SW and generally isn't a well written film. Its technically well made, but thats kind of another side of it completely, like the difference between the content of a cathedral ceiling mural [Is that the right word?] and the type of paint and brushes used. Whereas the original trilogy is so entrenched in classical tropes and is much better for it. The sequel trilogy has no compass, its like a thin mold taken over the old films and when it tries to stand on its own it doesnt hold up every well.

I don't have a horse in this race really btw, I didn't grow up on Star Wars and the Phantom Menace was my first SW film. I watched the original trilogy five [5] years ago and I enjoyed it but didn't really get the hype.

dotnotbot

Same here, I liked and enjoyed EA's BF1 more even though it wasn't a good game. BF2 still feels weird and hollow just about everything, including graphics.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Even if you love it with all your heart or don't care about it in any way, how does that stop you from critcally evaluting a film like you would any other? "It was bizarre" seems like a panacea for bad characters, writing and overall plot. Is it more the idea and concept of SW that you love? Like space ships, light sabre fights, aliens and crazy planets? Space Opera is pretty appropriate when you think about it.
Eh, I wasn't going to get into the nitty gritty as this is a thread about Battlefront II, and not The Last Jedi. So, saying "it was bizarre" felt like the fastest and best descriptor without touching on it too much, haha.

I watched the film once, and honestly, I don't remember too much of it. I'd like to think I remember the best parts, but the film was an amalgamation of bizarre decisions that just made it feel like everything but a Star Wars film IMO. Sure, it had the "things" that remind you it's in he SW universe, but it takes a lot more than that to make it feel "right".

Overall, I was happier with The Force Awakens though it was labeled as a safe film, and would've much rather had another one of those, instead of what TLJ ended up being. I'm just hoping the latest is as good as TFA, if not better. But we'll see. 🤷‍♂️

Anytime I go to the movies I try to go in with as little expectancy as possible. That way I can at least leave and feel like it was entertaining. Well, hopefully. But then I dissect it afterward.

Kuranghi

Eh, I wasn't going to get into the nitty gritty as this is a thread about Battlefront II, and not The Last Jedi. So, saying "it was bizarre" felt like the fastest and best descriptor without touching on it too much, haha.

I watched the film once, and honestly, I don't remember too much of it. I'd like to think I remember the best parts, but the film was an amalgamation of bizarre decisions that just made it feel like everything but a Star Wars film IMO. Sure, it had the "things" that remind you it's in he SW universe, but it takes a lot more than that to make it feel "right".

Overall, I was happier with The Force Awakens though it was labeled as a safe film, and would've much rather had another one of those, instead of what TLJ ended up being. I'm just hoping the latest is as good as TFA, if not better. But we'll see. 🤷‍♂️

Anytime I go to the movies I try to go in with as little expectancy as possible. That way I can at least leave and feel like it was entertaining. Well, hopefully. But then I dissect it afterward.

Cheers for the reply, I think the last thing you wrote is the best way to be in life, I support it wholeheartedly.

Tygeezy

Every thread about free content getting released for battlefront gets shat on. Would it have been better if they just abandoned it and didn't release any content? EA is damned if you do damned if you don't(Orange Company Bad!!!). The hate isn't warranted and honestly they should be commended for turning the ship around in this game.

MiguelItUp

Cheers for the reply, I think the last thing you wrote is the best way to be in life, I support it wholeheartedly.
Oh man, anytime! Right?! I've always felt that way. Especially the older I get!

At 35, I've seen some of my favorite IPs get dragged through the mud. So I try to appreciate new material, as (in a lot of instances) I feel it's better than no material. Obviously that's not ALWAYS true, haha. It may not always be great or perfect, but sometimes something is better than nothing.

That feeling has resonated with me with all things Star Wars, Aliens, Predator, and Berserk. So much more as well, haha. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Corderlain

Banned
Yeah don't know what everyone is complaining about. BF2 has a pretty fun multiplayer with plenty going for it after all the shit that happened. Plenty of players on PC. Ever since the geonosis update it's been a step in the right direction every patch.

MiguelItUp

Oh no, again 9 Gb update that adds nothing to SP.
I mean, in a world of Battlefront II, any "SP" will be multiplayer with bots. So, I'd rather play with actual players.

If a new Battlefront comes out in the future, I'd hope we get a better experience all around. SP, MP, etc.

Birdo

Banned
No Poe again. Just like Fortnite.

I'll assume Oscar Isaac didn't want his likeness being used. Which is odd, since he appears in toys.

MiguelItUp

I'll assume Oscar Isaac didn't want his likeness being used. Which is odd, since he appears in toys.
I never thought about that, but that's a valid point. I wonder what the reason is behind all that. There are moments where Poe almost feels like a larger character than Finn, if not on the same level majority of the time. So it's odd to see Finn around and Poe nowhere, lol.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think if you want a fun experience you should think about Battlefront, and Battlefront 2, totally fun, its just explainable. I went on a stretch of 200+ hours with just one game mode (Heroes vs Villians) in Battlefront 2015, Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, etc. it's everything and it's crazy what Dice did with the franchise, gamers are excited for its graphics, and fun that's it.

PsyEd

I like BF2 and to date I haven't spent a single extra cent to unlock anything. I even have enough in-game creds to buy the new skins that come out with this update.

I play this every now and then to have a break from CoD or SP games like fallen order. Here's me casually playing the castrated version of Anakin and still getting some kills

Hope in 2020 they bring in SW:BF3 on the new RT enabled consoles.

ManaByte

Gold Member

maxresdefault.jpg

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world

Battlefront 2015 is a much much better game I still play it to this day!

mcz117chief

Yet still noone cares anymore about the game given all the bad press it got. I may download it again and try it out though.
So not true, the PS4 servers are packed and you instantly get a lobby in most gamemodes. I play coop, starfighter and capital supremacy and I join a server the moment I start searching. Really a massive improvement since launch, so much so that I was honestly shocked.

PsyEd

Anyone with PC version got the game and not working after update...well it's not working for many and the 2/3 guys @ DICE...who still work on the game are trying to fix it. On consoles it's all good.

royox

The new Jetpack trooper of the First Order is a fucking blast to play. The fucker is even better than Bobba Fett xD

Top Bottom