• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta Creator Says Prequel Will Solve Japan's Low Birthrate

Draugoth

Gold Member
e943ca2502b9973574f098e4849b2639.jpg

PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya, said that actually, the game’s purpose is to solve Japan’s low birthrate problem: Like a scene out of Canadian comedian Nathan Fielder’s Comedy Central show, Nathan For You, Kamiya, made a flowchart of a Twitter post detailing how, in his mind, the release of Cereza would lead to a baby boom among players. It should be noted that this post was made the day Cereza was released on the Nintendo Switch. Translated via Google, Kamiya’s PSYOP in full:

• Play ‘Cereza and the Lost Demon’ ↓
  • I want a child like Cereza ↓
  • An unprecedented marriage boom is coming ↓
  • The problem of declining birth rate will be solved ↓
  • Everyone happy
Should Cereza and the Lost Demon fail in sparking a boom in Japanese marriages and babies, there will be other opportunities to inception the idea of conception among “Bayonutters” because PlatinumGames wants to turn the Cereza platform-puzzle game into its own series.

This is something that has always puzzled me about Japanese men. Yes, I'm aware it's not enjoyable fucking the twigs that are your women, but surely they're a better choice than marrying an anime character right? Tams Tams what say you?

Tams

This is something that has always puzzled me about Japanese men. Yes, I'm aware it's not enjoyable fucking the twigs that are your women, but surely they're a better choice than marrying an anime character right? Tams Tams what say you?
Not a Japanese man, so I can't really say.

Can't complain much about my time with Japanese ladies. If anything, they almost always care about their appearance in public, so you pretty much never see them out dressed like a tramp.

Not a Japanese man, so I can't really say.

Can't complain much about my time with Japanese ladies. If anything, they almost always care about their appearance in public, so you pretty much never see them out dressed like a tramp.
You're a woman? That's surprising to hear as you're always liking my explicit posts. And why would they glam themselves up when nobody is hitting on them?

Cyberpunkd

This is something that has always puzzled me about Japanese men. Yes, I'm aware it's not enjoyable fucking the twigs that are your women, but surely they're a better choice than marrying an anime character right?
1. Japanese men work long hours, they come home at 10-11am.
2. There are no childcare facilities since a woman is expected to become a housewife, except now men don’t earn enough to support a family on one salary = no kids.

It’s not a difficult situation, but the Japanese will just bow and do nothing.

UnNamed

Banned
e943ca2502b9973574f098e4849b2639.jpg

PlatinumGames’ Hideki Kamiya, said that actually, the game’s purpose is to solve Japan’s low birthrate problem: Like a scene out of Canadian comedian Nathan Fielder’s Comedy Central show, Nathan For You, Kamiya, made a flowchart of a Twitter post detailing how, in his mind, the release of Cereza would lead to a baby boom among players. It should be noted that this post was made the day Cereza was released on the Nintendo Switch. Translated via Google, Kamiya’s PSYOP in full:

• Play ‘Cereza and the Lost Demon’ ↓
  • I want a child like Cereza ↓
  • An unprecedented marriage boom is coming ↓
  • The problem of declining birth rate will be solved ↓
  • Everyone happy

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

AndrewRyan

Played the demo last night and there's definitely a parent/child dynamic where Cereza is unhappy about being taught lessons but then realizes "it's for her own good" which had my eyes rolling, lol. Wasn't all that excited to even play the demo but it's actually much better than expected.

Top Bottom