• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe is hysterical. Good job, Paramount+!

DryvBy

Beavis and Butt-head is my favorite animated show. When the new movie was announced, I didn't really know what to expect but Mike Judge hasn't let me down yet and he didn't tonight. This is one of the funniest films I've seen in a long time and up there with Do America.

Has anyone else seen it? What was your favorite part?

Mine was either the dreams they had on the bus, or the gender studies college course they stumbled into.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Loved it.

I loved the boys in Space Camp, and Beavis giving his speech before going on the shuttle. I'd consider this movie an instant classic.

tp bunghole GIF

Still need to watch this though.

Crayon

Nah man, a frikkin' thread about a Buzz Lightyear movie got closed down because of the incessant whining of the prude brigade.
In the end they got what they wanted, can't talk about it anymore.

The hypocrisy needs to be called out.

I'm looking forward to Beavis & Butt-Head though.

That thread was a fucking ride. I'm good for now lol. And you know I'm on your team but you were gung-ho towards the end there. 🎉🎉

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hope we'd get a Daria revival but I can only assume the worst if that happens.
At least she was there in the background of the court scene

Kev Kev

i keep hearing its really funny. expected it to be shit. ill have to get a month of paramount and check it out

Crayon

I love love love Beavis and Butthead but I think I've been subconsciously afraid to watch it.

I'm taking your recco. I know exactly who I want to watch it with. I hope he hasn't seen it already.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I have a soft spot for B&B that mostly comes from the "...Do America" movie. The show to me was never quite as dynamic or entertaining as King of the Hill. I'd like to see Beavis and Butthead get to that level though. I'm really looking forward to this.

jason10mm

Gold Member
It'll be interesting if reviving old IPs is what allows current creatives to buck "trends" under the guise of "respecting the past, if you don't like it dont watch it" which is EXACTLY the advice EVERYONE should listen to. I skip right past tons of stuff with a "whelp, doesn't look like its for me" and never think about it again. I only get invested when an IP that USED to be for me tries to branch out by kicking the old fans on the balls.

I need to hurry up and finish Yellowstone so I can dump peacock and resub to paramount for this and a few other things. Did that new cop show on paramount+ release yet and was it any good? I think it was p+, had rural cop vibes like Banshee, based on a book series IIRC. Ahhh, found it, Joe Pickett.

DryvBy

Everything is a culture war on this forum, what a tired ass discussion.. can't we just discuss movies/TV shows here without this boring shit?
Go right ahead. Part of that discussion can be if it's the same Beavis and Butt-head or a preaching comedy.

Ownage

Paramount+ has some of the best streaming content I've seen lately. (Aside from Picard, sadly, and that woke bullshit that's called Discovery).

So I watched this.
It was alright, but really not as good as Do America.

I feel like this could have been so much more in this day and age of stuck up comedy. Alas it fell short of its mark.
I thought it was incredibly tame compared to the old show.

While you'd expect an incredibly stupid story from such a movie, it was way too far out there to be honest.
Do America worked because it was somewhat grounded.

Also, the music sucks in this one.

ahtlas7

I won’t subscribe to Para Mountain Shit River Stream but I will pick up a Mike Judge B&B film. I’m excited to watch it but I’ll wait for proper BR release.

Bridges

I was somewhat hesitant to watch because I felt it would be hard to live up to the show's legacy, but it was very funny. Just an unabashedly stupid kind of funny that has been lately. It's been too long since I saw Do America so I can't make comparisons, but I'm happy this exists.

Kagey K

Banned
Like what. Gimmi some recommendations
I've been enjoying the classic stuff on there.

Cheers, Love Boat.

Takes me back to being a kid and watching TV with my parents, plus some of the comedy holds up better than now, and even hits "woke" talking points back then.

Also some modern "classic" shows like CSI and Bull.

For the record my favorite show on Disney+ right now is Hill Street Blues.

That show goes everywhere. They were extra woke in 1983.

Last edited:

Ownage

I hope we'd get a Daria revival but I can only assume the worst if that happens.
I fear for what leftists would do to the show.
Like what. Gimmi some recommendations
Seal Team. 45min long, f bombs, lots of guns, and way better scripts than expected. Some good arcs. 5 seasons so far, going on 6 this fall.

The Anson Mount ST series. Not woke. Old Trek. Worst character on the show is young Kirk.

Methos#1975

I fear for what leftists would do to the show.

Seal Team. 45min long, f bombs, lots of guns, and way better scripts than expected. Some good arcs. 5 seasons so far, going on 6 this fall.

The Anson Mount ST series. Not woke. Old Trek. Worst character on the show is young Kirk.
James Kirk hasn't even been on let, that's next season.

UnNamed

Banned
The difference here is Daria as a character had an evolution during the show ( and Quinn maybe even more ), so we can say her story arc is pretty much closed now.

Top Bottom